Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

delahuntv wrote: »
    If the diner is Gluten Free just as part fo the modern fad - they'll have no real issue in dining out as there are many "Gluten Free" itmes on many menus.

If howver the diner is coeliac and has an adverse reaction to any gluten in a product (about 1% of population), then its best to ring ahead for the chef to prepare something that can be guarantedd gluten free.

Not strictly in town but know a coelic who dines in the Killarney Heights regularly. Might be some use?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

Last Saturday night, there was an amazeballs fireworks display in Killarney. Anyone know what the occasion was?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

yaledo wrote: »
    Last Saturday night, there was an amazeballs fireworks display in Killarney. Anyone know what the occasion was?

Was a wedding in the Malton. One of the Tatler Jack family.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

Was a wedding in the Malton. One of the Tatler Jack family.

Thanks. Who are 'the Tatler Jack family'? I was a little annoyed that they woke up my kids [we were staying 750m away], but I tolerated it because I had a good vantage point to enjoy the display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The Tatler Jack is a public house on Plunkett Street in Killarney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NN1

Anybody know where I could get some thin(ish) black material for retrimming my door cards in killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Go into The Motorworks on Church Street, they would probably be able to advise you how to get it sorted.

siblers wrote: »
    Go into The Motorworks on Church Street, they would probably be able to advise you how to get it sorted.

In Killarney??

Yeah, they are on the same side as Den Joes/Lifestyle across the way from the T junction.

Yeah, they are on the same side as Den Joes/Lifestyle across the way from the T junction.

Ahh, I know where you mean now, I thought it was called the motor factors?

And would anyone know anyone that would retrim my door cards for me?(without being ripped off!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Does anyone know of a decent vape shop in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

I know the place you mean but where did you get Church Street from?

Isn't that New Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a decent vape shop in town?
    In High street there is a healthier choice vape store, that sell juices and ecigarette / mods.. Their juices are mainly by Wicked and T juice,
    also Donnellys in Tesco shopping mall have also begun to sell juices and ego sticks..have not sampled their juices yet ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    In High street there is a healthier choice vape store, that sell juices and ecigarette / mods.. Their juices are mainly by Wicked and T juice,
    also Donnellys in Tesco shopping mall have also begun to sell juices and ego sticks..have not sampled their juices yet ..

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Stolen from the Tralee thread

New bus company on the route between Killarney and Dublin. Tickets are €20

Services between Killarney / Tralee and Dublin will commence on August 28th.

http://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/M7-bus-ennis-tralee-killarney-limerick-dublin-city.php

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

KCC have plans to widen the footpath on Plunkett Street and alter the junction at the top of High Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

KCC have plans to widen the footpath on Plunkett Street and alter the junction at the top of High Street.

How the hell is that gonna work for traffic going down College St to Plunkett? Close it off completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

madcabbage wrote: »
    How the hell is that gonna work for traffic going down College St to Plunkett? Close it off completely?

How is it gonna work at all?? That street is already fairly narrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

The last alteration to the top of High St worked out so well.

Any link to the proposals?

Axel Lamp wrote:
    The last alteration to the top of High St worked out so well.

Axel Lamp wrote:
    Any link to the proposals?

(www.) kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/roads/projectsschemes/

• Advertisement

(www.) kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/roads/projectsschemes/

Summary:
    ......proposes to reprioritise traffic flow at the High Street Junction in Killarney, Co. Kerry. This proposal will prohibit vehicles entering High Street from Anne’s Road and Rock Road. The existing Stop sign on High Street at the junction of High Street and Msgr O’Flaherty Road will be removed which will give full right of way to traffic on High Street.

Axel Lamp wrote:
    Summary: ......proposes to reprioritise traffic flow at the High Street Junction in Killarney, Co. Kerry. This proposal will prohibit vehicles entering High Street from Anne’s Road and Rock Road. The existing Stop sign on High Street at the junction of High Street and Msgr O’Flaherty Road will be removed which will give full right of way to traffic on High Street.

Diverting traffic to Msgr OFlaherty Road tru the town in an attempt to improve traffic flow, Im trying to figure out the logic....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

They should have left that junction the way it was, it's a disaster now with the lights!

Diverting traffic to Msgr OFlaherty Road tru the town in an attempt to improve traffic flow, Im trying to figure out the logic....

It was always the only access way to that road. The double access (from high st and st Anne's/rock road) was the disaster combined with the stupid stop sign.

That said as poster above states it should have been left the way it was.

I think its the lights more than the access to OFlaherty Road thats the problem. Little traffic going that way. I agree that the stop sign is a problem and right of way should be to traffic coming from High St.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Hi does anyone know of any book clubs in killarney? Also thinking of moving to milltown anyone living there got any insight?

What do you want to know about Milltown?

Thanks for replying siblers! What is good abour living in milltown? Any negeitives?is there much of a community there as I would like to live somewhere where I can get involved and get to know people...

Best thing is the location, you're central to everything, Tralee is around 25 mins away, Killarney is 15, Dingle about 40, Killorglin 10, airport around 15 mins. Loads of pubs, there's a butcher, 2 chemists, a take away, kebab place, chinese, 2 shops and a brand new community centre. GAA club, various soccer clubs near by too. I live out in the countryside on the Killarney side so I wouldn't be overly integrated with what goes on in the community but the community centre is quite active, if you asked around in the community you wouldn't be long finding out about local clubs etc.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill siblers!

Advertisement