Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Could anyone suggest somewhere to go for a facial and manicure in Killarney?

Also where is TK Maxx actually opening? I am only in Killarney once in a while and there was no sign of it the last time I was there.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Countdown1982

Sorry can't help with place to get a facial or manicure.

T K maxx however is opening on main street in the old M.D o'Shea store. It's on the same side of the street as Easons and Christy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

dobman88 wrote: »
    Guy just inside the main entrance of the Inisfallen to the right. €50.

I'd go with Dob, I've used this fella. Replaced a screen on my iphone and never had any problems after.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Miaireland wrote: »

Thanks

someone i know went to What women Want, which is up Market lane (next to Jam cafe) and its meant to be really good. That or the Spa in the Brehon Hotel. They are the only two I know of (not from Killarney myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Miaireland wrote: »

I don't know what the place is called, but my mother swears by the place up chapel lane (Across from the physique gym)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Can chicken bones go into the brown bins?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

do you mean the compost food bins? if so yes they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Any food waste can.

http://www.brownbin.ie/

Anybody know where I can find the Parcel Motel Dropbox in Killarney or does it even exist anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

madcabbage wrote:
    Anybody know where I can find the Parcel Motel Dropbox in Killarney or does it even exist anymore?

It's at the side of bowlers petrol station near the Killarney court hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NN1

Hi guys, anyone know what the story is with boating around ross castle?
    I've got a small inflatable and engine setup (around 11 foot) that I'd love to potter around in with a couple of friends.
    Do I need a permit?
    Place looked amazing today, really flat calm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

What the situation of having a pint in the Killarney Brewery on muckross road?? Walked passed it the last time in killarney but they seem to only doing tours!! Can a member of public walk in and buy a pint???

Masala wrote: »
    What the situation of having a pint in the Killarney Brewery on muckross road?? Walked passed it the last time in killarney but they seem to only doing tours!! Can a member of public walk in and buy a pint???

Think it's a tour with tasting of beers at the end, not sure about walking in and having a pint. The off licenses in town would surely sell their product.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Think it's a tour with tasting of beers at the end, not sure about walking in and having a pint. The off licenses in town would surely sell their product.

I think its only available in the hotels and bars in Killarney at the moment. As far as I know they haven't gone into the shops/off-trade yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Masala wrote: »

They can't legally sell alcohol. If you do a tour they give you tokens which you can exchange to taste beer. You can buy the products in any off license or most bars in town.

NN1 wrote: »
    Hi guys, anyone know what the story is with boating around ross castle?
    I've got a small inflatable and engine setup (around 11 foot) that I'd love to potter around in with a couple of friends.
    Do I need a permit?
    Place looked amazing today, really flat calm!

You need a permit for kayak. You should be grand if going and coming on the same day. Permits are only for docking your boat on the lakes.. Careful as the lake is quiet low watch out for quarries and sandbars etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

They can't legally sell alcohol. If you do a tour they give you tokens which you can exchange to taste beer. You can buy the products in any off license or most bars in town.

some more information as to why you can't go buy a pint from a microbrewery in this article.

iambrazil wrote: »
    some more information as to why you can't go buy a pint from a microbrewery in this article.

Typical backwards ****e

Pretty sure they aren't selling the Killarney brewing in any off licence yet, I've enquired and its just bars for the moment. Unless carry out in Killarney have it, but I was told they aren't in the off licences until probably next year.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they aren't selling the Killarney brewing in any off licence yet, I've enquired and its just bars for the moment. Unless carry out in Killarney have it, but I was told they aren't in the off licences until probably next year.

Seems daft as there's an off license 100 yards up the road from the Brewry.

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Sorry yes. The bottles will be available in a few weeks locally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

You need a permit for kayak. You should be grand if going and coming on the same day. Permits are only for docking your boat on the lakes.. Careful as the lake is quiet low watch out for quarries and sandbars etc!

Whats the story with hiring row boats/regular small boat to get out to innisfallen ?

Do they still operate this time of year do you know ?

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Whats the story with hiring row boats/regular small boat to get out to innisfallen ?

Do they still operate this time of year do you know ?

No they finished up last week unfortunately. The guys at the pier in the boats will drop you out, but they will be finishing up within a week if the weather breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

No they finished up last week unfortunately. The guys at the pier in the boats will drop you out, but they will be finishing up within a week if the weather breaks.

Dammn were heading down for the bank holiday and thought it'd be fun to take a row boat out. Theres always next time I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

hi guys has twomeys horse and country store closed down or moved ?? cant seem to contact them if they have closed has some one taken on the stock ? im in Killarney over the weekend need few bits ..... many ths

hi guys has twomeys horse and country store closed down or moved ?? cant seem to contact them if they have closed has some one taken on the stock ? im in Killarney over the weekend need few bits ..... many ths

Closed down. They sold online for a while after but they're website has disappeared? It says open on all their social media accounts etc, terribly misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Does anyone know if there are any shops in Killarney that sells duck eggs? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Hi

Had a small spill on my laptop... Done the usual hotpress and rice tricks and am nearly back up and running.

But still have a few sticky keys still so will probably get the thing looked at and repaired.

Any recommendation for a repair outfit??? Was hoping it could be done on site and at least have it back in a few days. Anyone recommend someone who knows what they are doing on such repairs???

It's a Toshiba now out of warranty and so am left to sort outside of any warranty.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Hi

Had a small spill on my laptop... Done the usual hotpress and rice tricks and am nearly back up and running.

But still have a few sticky keys still so will probably get the thing looked at and repaired.

Any recommendation for a repair outfit??? Was hoping it could be done on site and at least have it back in a few days. Anyone recommend someone who knows what they are doing on such repairs???

It's a Toshiba now out of warranty and so am left to sort outside of any warranty.

Many thanks

The guys down the lane at market cross. Sorted my laptop out before. Or the man up at Hegartys, next to the Chinese take away. He sorted my OH's laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

dobman88 wrote: »
    The guys down the lane at market cross. Sorted my laptop out before. Or the man up at Hegartys, next to the Chinese take away. He sorted my OH's laptop.

Do they send it away....?? Or fix on site?? How long did your OH have to wait??

Advertisement