Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Do they send it away....?? Or fix on site?? How long did your OH have to wait??

Had to send hers away but I'm sure the guy would fix a minor issue on site. He seems to know his stuff. She was waiting two weeks from the day she dropped it off to collection

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Does anyone know if there are any shops in Killarney that sells duck eggs? Thanks in advance

Tesco should do them

Tesco should do them

Yep. They have them

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Leprechaun95

Heading to Killarney in December and was wondering about nightclubs or even late bars. I will be there on a Thursday and Friday. Best for price, best for young people, open latest, best bouncers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Prices are the same everywhere. The soundest bouncers imo are in The Grand. How young? 18-21s tend to go The Plaza and then to Mustangs. Older go to the Kube, Shire, McSorelys, Courtneys and then to The Grand or stay in McSorelys. Grand has live music in the front and a night club out the back, McSorelys is more or less the same. Not been to Mustangs in years so I'm not really sure what goes on in there anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 hmw

Bad crash outside killarney on cork rd. Near Kerry Way Pub

Heading to Killarney in December and was wondering about nightclubs or even late bars. I will be there on a Thursday and Friday. Best for price, best for young people, open latest, best bouncers etc.

Mustangs has quietened down a lot, it's busy around Christmas and bank holidays etc. Mcsorelys is getting more popular with the younger crowd also. The Shire is one of the busier spots for young people at the weekends then head to Mcsorelys/ Grand or Mustangs, maybe stopping for one in Scott's or Failte on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

hmw wrote: »
    Bad crash outside killarney on cork rd. Near Kerry Way Pub

For a grand stretch of road, the amount of reckless driving you see on the Cork Road every day is frightening! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hi Guys, does anyone know a place where I can buy a postbox lock - or can say if M.D. O'Shea carries them?
    Thanks

Hi Guys, does anyone know a place where I can buy a postbox lock - or can say if M.D. O'Shea carries them?
    Thanks

The motor factors should have them? On new street across from Ulster Bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 CoachDivine

Greetings Inhabitants of Killarney. Just moved here from Hong Kong.. Looks pretty decent so far. :)

C. Divine

Greetings Inhabitants of Killarney. Just moved here from Hong Kong.. Looks pretty decent so far. :)

C. Divine

Welcome. Winter is very quiet in Killarney so you'll have loads of time to explore and find your way round before the busy summer season starts. For such a small town it gets incredibly busy in summer.

Hope you like it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

dobman88 wrote: »
    Welcome. Winter is very quiet in Killarney so you'll have loads of time to explore and find your way round before the busy summer season starts. For such a small town it gets incredibly busy in summer.

Hope you like it here.

Get some good rain gear and go exploring the national park. There's nowhere like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Hi all.... which Gym + Pool is better??

Aura cost €135 for 3 months
    Aquila cost €120 for 3 months + 1 months FREE

So... on paper Aquila is better value.
    But not having used the facilities at Aura - I can't compare 'the experience'.

Any recommendations ???

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Aura cost €135 for 3 months

Does this include classes does it say?

numorouno wrote: »
    Does this include classes does it say?

Yes. My OH is a member and once you're a member all classes are free. Makes the aura better value imo. It would have much newer equipment and a wider range of classes. She's loving it since she started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Someone sent me on a link to some footage of a stag rutting out the back of the Lake Hotel a few weeks back.

Be warned it is LOUD !!!

https://vimeo.com/142775358

Hozier just announced for the INEC. December 21st. Tix on sale next Thursday morning at 9 am. I saw him at Slane during the summer and will definitely be trying to get tickets for this. He was fantastic live.

Good luck trying to get tickets for that, will sell out within a minute i'd say. Was a pain in the hole trying to get tickets for him last year in the INEC.

siblers wrote: »
    Good luck trying to get tickets for that, will sell out within a minute i'd say. Was a pain in the hole trying to get tickets for him last year in the INEC.

It always sells out because people love to say they have tickets to go. I didn't even bother trying last year. My sister wanted one and I got her one the day before the gig in the INEC. Will be doing the same again this year. They always release more and people always end up selling. Be loads floating around

• Advertisement

The bar is closed while he was singing.. a lot of people complained about that!

The bar is closed while he was singing.. a lot of people complained about that!

I wouldn't have a problem with that tbh. You pay to see him perform. Not stand at a bar. Can do that in town before and after the gig. Personally I don't drink when I go to a gig or a match so wouldn't bother me.

It always sells out because people love to say they have tickets to go. I didn't even bother trying last year. My sister wanted one and I got her one the day before the gig in the INEC. Will be doing the same again this year. They always release more and people always end up selling. Be loads floating around

Oh yeah good point, remember last year you could get them below face value the days leading up to the concert. I might try get them at 9 am for the craic but if not i'll try pick some up leading up to the concert.

I wouldn't have a problem with that tbh. You pay to see him perform. Not stand at a bar. Can do that in town before and after the gig. Personally I don't drink when I go to a gig or a match so wouldn't bother me.

I saw Billy Connolly and Kevin Bridges at the INEC and both shows were a disaster because of the amount of people getting up and going to the bar/toilet. The problem is the main aisle is right down the middle of the seats in front of the stage so when people get up and walk down the steps they are right in the performers eyeline. I'd imagine its very distracting for the performers. Billy Connolly started chasing people to the toilets because he got so fed up with it. Bridges went off the stage in a huff and wouldn't come back on.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I saw Billy Connolly and Kevin Bridges at the INEC and both shows were a disaster because of the amount of people getting up and going to the bar/toilet. The problem is the main aisle is right down the middle of the seats in front of the stage so when people get up and walk down the steps they are right in the performers eyeline. I'd imagine its very distracting for the performers. Billy Connolly started chasing people to the toilets because he got so fed up with it. Bridges went off the stage in a huff and wouldn't come back on.

Yeah I remember Bridges. He said we should ask for our money back lol. I think it was the guy who walked up for an autograph in the middle of the joke that pissed him off more. I met him after and he apologised. Seems like a nice guy.

Yeah I remember Bridges. He said we should ask for our money back lol. I think it was the guy who walked up for an autograph in the middle of the joke that pissed him off more. I met him after and he apologised. Seems like a nice guy.

Yeah, he was really having an off-night :D. There was some dumbass heckler giving him a lot of abuse too.

xxyyzz wrote: »

Hozier was a standing gig. Lot's of people moving around constantly

Is there a 2nd hand book shop after opening up in Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Just bought my first bag of coal for the Winter.

€12 for 20kg. If that the best value in town??

where do you get your coal and at what price???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Just bought my first bag of coal for the Winter.

€12 for 20kg. If that the best value in town??

where do you get your coal and at what price???

Foleys out towards Fossa, 10 euro for 20kg and real good stuff from Bord na mona

Advertisement