Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

oeb wrote: »
    Any of you folks know anything about the murder this morning? http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0618/killarney.html

Lots of rumours but have heard who it is. Young lad went to the Community College. Sad day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Any of you folks know anything about the murder this morning? http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0618/killarney.html

How do you know it's a murder? Have you a link to verify this? Cheers.

Gardai are treating the death as suspicous. He was in town and may have been assaulted on his way home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

newman10 wrote: »
    Gardai are treating the death as suspicous. He was in town and may have been assaulted on his way home

Cheers, not a hit & run then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah he was found on Ross road. Heard they found stab wounds. Didn't really hear anything else, just back from work. My little brother knew him. very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Yeah he was found on Ross road. Heard they found stab wounds. Didn't really hear anything else, just back from work. My little brother knew him. very sad.

I was also told by a neighbour at about 8am that it was a stabbing, but nothing has been confirmed officially so that may very well just be hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I was just talking to the brother of the guy that found him. It was last night (well, early morning), and he was murdered. He said that 2 youngsters are from the town are suspected to have done it. Too many young people dying in this town in the past couple of years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hear about murders all the time but when it local to you, it bit scary.

Poor guy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Yes I can also confirm that it was a murder - stab wounds - happened at 1:30am lastnight/early this morning. His name is known around the town but I would prefer not to mention it here on-line (17y/o). He was found down by the race-course on Ross Road. Any other witnesses are being encouraged to come forward to the guards in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Horrible to hear this. But what was worse is that I was at the bank this morning and its where i heard it. There was a group of 4 people talking about it like it was just gossip. Very disrespectful phrases and just the tone they used was wrong. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Yes I can also confirm that it was a murder - stab wounds - happened at 1:30am lastnight/early this morning. His name is known around the town but I would prefer not to mention it here on-line (17y/o). He was found down by the race-course on Ross Road. Any other witnesses are being encouraged to come forward to the guards in town.
    i think anybody who lives in town no the little scumbags involved there is about 15 of them ruining the town for about 4 years now ...it must be said that the guards do there best but then they go to court with there mammys crying about family breakdown and the such it makes me sick ,, if the people dont stand up to them we will have a little limerick before we know it,.....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

and to think we used to look down our noes at tralee saying how rough it was.......ballyspillane makes the bullring look like kingspark

and to think we used to look down our noes at tralee saying how rough it was.......ballyspillane makes the bullring look like kingspark

I don't think that it's fair to stereotype frankenfurter, nor do I like your use of "we (we used to look down our noes"), I think it would be only fair to speak for yourself, not everyone in/from the town/estate... thanks.

Just because it is Killarney one of the jewels of Irish Tourism,are we going to bury our heads and say that the Town does not have problems with anti social behaviour/drugs/intimidation.

How many times have we walked past the Town Clock/Tesco/SuperValue wishing those "kids" would Fcuk off and you felt intimidated or looked at an older person walk by with their eyes firmly on the ground.

Did anyone talk to the parents of the young lad who was bottled in the Demense just because he wasn't from Town and ended with 15 stitches in his head.

Have you stood behind a Counter while these gob****es felt that they could do and say what they wanted.

Talk to any teenager in town and you will be suprised

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

Hey, has anyone else seen the views from Aghadoe looking down over the Leibherr factory out onto the lakes (not from the Aghadoe viewing-point, though that is nice also). If anyone is looking for something to do some evening, on a fine day, take the car on the road leading upto the back of the Aghadoe Heights Hotel or even vice versa. Simply breath-taking.

I had never seen Killarney from that view-point before and just absolutely loved it and thought I would share the idea with people here.

Sorry to go off point, but could you explain in more detail how to find this place?

flanree wrote: »
    Sorry to go off point, but could you explain in more detail how to find this place?

sure, though I should say I am a terrible satnav :p

Two choices of routes to take:

- Fossa Road: After the Horse-Riding Stables their is a path where the horses cross that main road, well their is a 'road' up to the right after that which is the route I took. I should say it is fairly narrow & if you meet a local driving down against you, you'd be better off to actually stop your car until they pass ;) and continue on up there then - you seriously won't miss the spot I was referring to!

- Take the road up Aghadoe to the Aghadoe Hotel and follow on to the back of the hotel, their is a turnoff to the left which will take you driving DOWN the road I mentioned above where you'd be driving UP.

Their is a sort of a gap at this 'viewing point' where you could pull in to take photos but I wouldn't stop there for long though, definitely not safe enough for that.

I hope you find this place & get to see what I saw that day :)

One random drive and we found this spectacular view. I haven't had the time lately to find some more but when I do, I'll post back here.

Thanks!

- Fossa Road: After the Horse-Riding Stables their is a path where the horses cross that main road, well their is a 'road' up to the right after that which is the route I took. I should say it is fairly narrow & if you meet a local driving down against you, you'd be better off to actually stop your car until they pass ;) and continue on up there then - you seriously won't miss the spot I was referring to!

Locally known as Bóthar na Marbh

newman10 wrote: »
    Locally known as Bóthar na Marbh

yeah that's the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

remember to watch out for wayward golfballs along here! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

dmeehan wrote: »
    remember to watch out for wayward golfballs along here! :-)

Is that the local driving down against you ? :eek:

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Is that the local driving down against you ? :eek:
    no, the road runs alongside the Lackabane course of Killarney golf club for some of the way

Is it just me or do any of you get ticked off at people parking on the double yellow at the entrance to tesco (deerpark)? There's always hundreds of spaces in the car park and the pedestrian crossing is still always blocked by cars.

Is it just me or do any of you get ticked off at people parking on the double yellow at the entrance to tesco (deerpark)? There's always hundreds of spaces in the car park and the pedestrian crossing is still always blocked by cars.

... if some people could drive right up to the door they would, same everywhere though! Hegarty's is alot worse - they nearly drive in the sliding doors there ... pedestrian access how are ya!

... if some people could drive right up to the door they would, same everywhere though! Hegarty's is alot worse - they nearly drive in the sliding doors there ... pedestrian access how are ya!

This is what's really been pissing me off. You know the car park up in ExtraVision? It seems like every time I park in one of the spaces near the store there, some bloody idiot pulls up alongside the bollards to go into the shop or use the ATM RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and completely blocks me in.

accidently on purpose bump into their car
    ;-)

dmeehan wrote: »
    accidently on purpose bump into their car
    ;-)

As the lads in the motor forum will tell you, if their car is stationary, you are at fault =(

This is what's really been pissing me off. You know the car park up in ExtraVision? It seems like every time I park in one of the spaces near the store there, some bloody idiot pulls up alongside the bollards to go into the shop or use the ATM RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and completely blocks me in.

Ah yeah, that drives me nuts. Also able bodied eejits parking in that one disabled space outside dalys. I only heard of someone getting a parking ticket once in Killarney. I suppose the town centre is the same, people leave their cars on the double yellows all over town.

Ah yeah, that drives me nuts. Also able bodied eejits parking in that one disabled space outside dalys. I only heard of someone getting a parking ticket once in Killarney. I suppose the town centre is the same, people leave their cars on the double yellows all over town.

Nahhhm when I used to work in town the work van was ticketed every couple of weeks (Mind you, there was NEVER a disk on it). But the two only has a couple of parking inspectors, and they never seem to be outside of the town center.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Magga

I was on holiday in killarney and saw a man who was about 7ft tall in dunnes stores in killarney- did anyone else see him.

Advertisement