Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

siblers wrote: »
    Is there a 2nd hand book shop after opening up in Killarney?

The Dungeon sell Second Hand Book, not sure about a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

There was a second hand book shop by Dine during the summer months but it looks as if that is now closed..
    The Dungeon in College Street and The St Vincent De Paul Shop sell pre owned books..

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hi Guys, has anyone been to the restaurant at Aghadoe Heights? It looks nice, somewhere to take the girlfriend as a cheer up from a dirty day ( weather I mean - not the other. You know the kind that drove Basil Fawlty nuts ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

11 jobs for new Eurogiant store in Outlet Centre.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/up-to-11-jobs-to-be-created-in-killarney/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Has anyone eaten in the smoke house? Any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Parents went there for a meal recently, not a very pleasant experience. Overpriced and what they got wasn't great. Can't be Bricín up the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Have heard mixed reviews from people. Personally, tried it 3 times and gave up. Put the first one down to just a bad experience but no excuse for the other two times. Also served a HSE closure order about 12 months ago. But tbf, I haven't been in since then.

Better places in town IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Porterhouse is a great alternative and that place that is up the stairs near Murphy's ice-cream is great too.

Who or what or where is Sidubi a Hostel takeover? Chymera says he's flying into Kerry, when I google it a map of Killarney comes up...but can't see tickets anywhere, is it like a private party, DJ workshop thing?

http://www.bandsintown.com/venue/3036542-sidubi-a-hostel-takeover-live-and-workshop-killarney-ireland-tickets-and-schedule

https://www.facebook.com/chymeramusic/

Who or what or where is Sidubi a Hostel takeover? Chymera says he's flying into Kerry, when I google it a map of Killarney comes up...but can't see tickets anywhere, is it like a private party, DJ workshop thing?

http://www.bandsintown.com/venue/3036542-sidubi-a-hostel-takeover-live-and-workshop-killarney-ireland-tickets-and-schedule

https://www.facebook.com/chymeramusic/

The event is taking place in the international hostel in Fossa.. They might have information regarding tickets etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

anyone know anything about the celtic whiskey shop coming to town? is it a shop or a bar??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

anyone know anything about the celtic whiskey shop coming to town? is it a shop or a bar??

It's a whisky bar I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

their calling themselves the whiskey "shop" ?! l dont get it, and cant find anything on the internet bout it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I honestly don't know. I am just saying from what I have heard it's meant to be a whisky bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

A whisky bar would be pretty cool, be nice to have something slightly different in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Any good chinese restaurant? (And not the one in scotts hotel,there already! )

Says here its a "bar" but I don't think it's what we would call a bar in town. Sounds more like a shop where you can take a tour and see whiskey being made. This is all I could find.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/whiskey-company-to-open-half-a-million-euro-outlet-in-killarney/

Triboro wrote: »
    Any good chinese restaurant? (And not the one in scotts hotel,there already! )

Park View. Down Muckross road just after the Gleneagle on the left.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is it anything to the Celtic Whiskey shop in Dublin? The one in Dublin is basically a wine & spirits shop, not far from St. Stephen's green.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Is it anything to the Celtic Whiskey shop in Dublin? The one in Dublin is basically a wine & spirits shop, not far from St. Stephen's green.

Yep. Same company. Opening on New Street in Killarney next March.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

dobman88 wrote: »

wow, very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

dobman88 wrote: »

Where Jades bar was - 8 jobs when it opens - I'd imagine it will be very much aimed at the tourist market.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Where Jades bar was - 8 jobs when it opens - I'd imagine it will be very much aimed at the tourist market.

Is it not across the road where the Chinese restaurant was no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

madcabbage wrote: »

Not sure - I've only heard from one person that it's going in where Jades was so might be going there.

When did Jades go?

When did Jades go?

I think it was early 2014..or the close of 2013...

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Does anyone know if Iceland plan on opening a store in Killarney? They have big expansion plans.

I would say this is the spot alright. I walked past yesterday evening and a couple of builders were working away.

On the window where Jades used to be was a sign for an agricultural consulting firm.

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

That's becoming an almost nightly occurrence of a van driving round Kilcummin. It was probably just passing through. Some load of curtain twitchers take their role in the community alert very seriously. Too seriously.

Advertisement