Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pebblesjm

Hi

I am attending a wedding in Killarney on Friday and as it is New Year's Day there are no hair salons open. I was just wondering if anyone on here knew of a hairdresser who works on a independent basis who might be available? Any info would be most appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Folks, as the thread states, could anyone tell me if there are any barbers open in Killarney today?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

LowOdour wrote:
    Folks, as the thread states, could anyone tell me if there are any barbers open in Killarney today?

Steve's barber on Park Road (next to Mixor takeaway) is worth a shot. Sound fella and very reasonable prices. If that isn't open then I reckon Julie Healy's shop will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

Does anyone know if the ice skating is on today ? I've tried calling but getting no answer:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I presume so, it was on yesterday evening. Nothing on their FB page suggest it's not open

https://www.facebook.com/Killarney-On-Ice-935414833193556/?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Did anyone spot Michael Fassbender around Killarney this Christmas? :)

http://www.killarneytoday.com/santa-shares-stage-with-fassbender/

Didn't see him this year but I have done many times in previous years. Usually he gets left alone in Killarney.. But I heard this year he got inundated with selfie requests! He's more famous now I guess, and it's a different generation of young people :o

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Is there a facility again this year?? Used to be in Aras padraig car park

Anyone hear is it happening this week??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Is there a facility again this year?? Used to be in Aras padraig car park

Anyone hear is it happening this week??

Facility for what??

Assuming it's your tree? The Tesco car park in town centre. Where the ice rink is now. Usually there's a space fenced in down the bottom next to the recycling bins to leave the tree.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Yeah it's pretty horrific. I know the guy who did it. Well I play poker with him. Seems a dodgy enough character. Hope they catch him if he's still in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Has anyone tried that new (not sure how new) Asian street food place that has opened near Dealz? Good vegetarian/vegan options?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

• Registered Users Posts: 37 solataire

i ve been there several times , KHAO, they have another branch in mallow, lovely food,lots of fish.chicken , pork, didn't notice any vegetarian. they do take away too , take away menu would give you idea of menu,they do half portions of mains for kids, they don't do chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Heading down to Killarney this weekend on a stag. Just wondering if any locals can recommend some good pubs. Won't be looking for nightclubs but late bars would be ideal and anywhere that does a good stout will be appreciated!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Heading down to Killarney this weekend on a stag. Just wondering if any locals can recommend some good pubs. Won't be looking for nightclubs but late bars would be ideal and anywhere that does a good stout will be appreciated!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Cheers

The Grand,But go there early 9ish,Band till bout 12 which is always serious craic then a DJ playing 90's classics till 2.30am

Failte is also a good option early in the morning

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

its probably nothing but just in case
    http://www.killarneytoday.com/gardai-issue-car-alert/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Cheers

The Grand has a late bar and a nightclub, They do trad on Saturdays early and the proper band play about 10.30-1.30. The other spot in town late is Mcsorelys; they have good bands but atmosphere can be hit or miss.

With regard to bars; The Failte, Tatler Jack, and Dunloe Lodge all offer live music and a bit of banter. All within a couple minutes walk of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Does anyone know what brands of paint home base have? Do they do farrow and ball &c.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Try pat McDonnell paints for farrow and ball, home base can do it AFAIK but you'll need to order and their customer service is the worst I've ever had to endure.

• Advertisement

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Does anyone know what brands of paint home base have? Do they do farrow and ball &c.

Many thanks.

Pat McDonnells Paints in Mile Height retail park, Tralee, do that brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Does anyone know anything about the cycle that happens the day after the ring of Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

My father law is on the old pre pay electricity. Bascially it's cards he puts into the meter. We used to be able to get them in Heatons, that is up until yesterday. Since Sports direct took them over they want nothing to do with the ESB cards. So I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere else to get them in town? I know realistically if he still wants to use pre pay he should go for the newer meters but tbh I am not having that argument with him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Not sure about where to get the prepaid cards - you might ask the news vendor/internet place at top of New Street. I know that they are a payzone for toll roads etc. Electric Ireland phone number is 1850 305 095 - they will probably be able to tell you where to get the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Gleesons spar at the taxi rank used to do these type of prepay options. Not sure if they still do but worth a shot.

Try Healy's Newsagents across from Dunnes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

The mountains look fab this morning with the snow and sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I was visiting my family in Killarney today andwe went to the Khao restaurant for lunch. It was my second time there The first time I ordered Pad Thai which I judged to be good, but not to my taste - it had a sweetish sauce, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Today was a whole different experience for me. I had a dish called Red Curry Duck and I can honestly say that it was one of the most satisfying and tasty meals that I have ever had.

I was in the restaurant industry myself for many years, and do not give out kudos willy, nilly.

• Advertisement

I was visiting my family in Killarney today andwe went to the Khao restaurant for lunch. It was my second time there The first time I ordered Pad Thai which I judged to be good, but not to my taste - it had a sweetish sauce, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Today was a whole different experience for me. I had a dish called Red Curry Duck and I can honestly say that it was one of the most satisfying and tasty meals that I have ever had.

I was in the restaurant industry myself for many years, and do not give out kudos willy, nilly.

It is top quality indeed. Excellent value, and business has really taken off since opening.

Advertisement