Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah be grand. Always a few clowns still up from night before but literally only two or three cars. Parking could still be a problem with all the car parks closed and manned by security and the open one's full from people leaving them there after drinking so bare that in mind to leave some time to find a place to park.

Thanks a million for that. I was indeed wondering about parking too. Good to have that information. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I see that part of the Hotel Killarney (ex Quality Hotel) now has a sign up for the 3 Lakes Hostel. They've been doing a lot of renovations on the older parts of the hotel in recent times so I presume this is the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

Where would be a good pub to watch the Liverpool match in Killarney tomorrow evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Piko wrote: »
    Where would be a good pub to watch the Liverpool match in Killarney tomorrow evening?

The Kube. Big screens dotted around the place and big comfy couches to watch them.

I actually watched the semi final in the Kube and I'll be going there from now on to watch games.

Get there at least 30 minutes before kick off tho. Obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

dobman88 wrote: »
    The Kube. Big screens dotted around the place and big comfy couches to watch them.

I actually watched the semi final in the Kube and I'll be going there from now on to watch games.

Thanks Dobman, hopefully it's an entertaining match :)

Piko wrote: »
    Thanks Dobman, hopefully it's an entertaining match :)

At least it was entertaining! Should have gone in for a laugh myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

http://www.killarneytoday.com/cable-car-moves-on-the-agenda/

Sounds daft to be honest. Where would it even go?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi, Is there any pubs in Killarney or Killorglin put on singles nights/ speed dating nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

xxyyzz wrote: »
    http://www.killarneytoday.com/cable-car-moves-on-the-agenda/

Sounds daft to be honest. Where would it even go?

Can't see it happening, no way the Park would get funding for something like that. And besides the locals would go batsh*t at that.

Only place I can think it would work would be around Torc Mountain but that takes the fun out of hiking, walking etc

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Hi, Is there any pubs in Killarney or Killorglin put on singles nights/ speed dating nights?

The grand in Killarney do Tinder Tuesdays every so often. Only thing I've ever seen advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Anybody live in pairc chuimin in killcummin that could tell me what the estate is like to live in

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone knows or has available a room for a week or so to rent. I've just started a job but my shared accommodation has fallen through at the last min so i find myself stranded here in killarney at the moment in my car!! Paid the landlord a deposit already and of course when i called this eve to get my keys off him hes not ans his phone. Kmi got a text a few hours ago to say he's away at the moment but the room is no longer available and that he'll give me bck my deposit when he gets back. I'm such a fool.

Any suggestions would be greatly app.

Ps. Can't afford a hotel or b and b that's why I'm posting here

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Try to get a copy of this Weekends Killarney Advertiser or Outlook

Will have an Accomodation listing

https://www.killarneyadvertiser.ie/read-killarney-advertiser-online/

Only two rooms available at the moment on fact but the one in Ardenaenig would be your best bet as the park road one has been up for a long time now which isn't a good sign. Good luck.

http://touch.daft.ie/kerry/rooms-to-share/killarney/?s%5Bsort_by%5D=price&s%5Bsort_type%5D=a

Thanks ya contacted both. Heard nothing back. Not nice sleeping In the car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

The new three lakes hostel is only €15 a night, the old ryan/quality hotel by dalys. Could you manage that for a few nights?

Unfortunately not. all my money for this week was tied up in the deposit. Won't get money until i get paid next Thurs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Virginia-based communications company to create 20 new jobs in Killarney
    http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/virginia-based-communications-company-to-create-20-new-jobs-in-killarney/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

If I found parking in Killarney on Sunday evening,could I leave car overnight and collect the following afternoon? I know in Cork city, theres free parking on Sundays and bank holidays. Where's best and safest to park? Car is a banger so safety probably not so much of an issue :-)

• Advertisement

seefin wrote: »
    If I found parking in Killarney on Sunday evening,could I leave car overnight and collect the following afternoon? I know in Cork city, theres free parking on Sundays and bank holidays. Where's best and safest to park? Car is a banger so safety probably not so much of an issue :-)

Yeah free parking on Sundays and bank holidays. Lewis Road car park probably the safest and only a 3 minute stroll to town centre. The Glebe car park is in the centre of town but can get busy early and would have more people around but wet rarely any damage done to cars. Fair hill car park is just across from the outlet centre and is only a minute away from town centre.

As an aside, if you're just visiting for the night, The Gleneagle is the place to be on Sunday night for the culmination of the Bike Fest. Free music outdoors from 12 midday until 10ish and in the INEC then until 1.30 ish. It will be a cracking night. And all free.

dobman88 wrote:
    Yeah free parking on Sundays and bank holidays. Lewis Road car park probably the safest and only a 3 minute stroll to town centre. The Glebe car park is in the centre of town but can get busy early and would have more people around but wet rarely any damage done to cars. Fair hill car park is just across from the outlet centre and is only a minute away from town centre.

dobman88 wrote:
    As an aside, if you're just visiting for the night, The Gleneagle is the place to be on Sunday night for the culmination of the Bike Fest. Free music outdoors from 12 midday until 10ish and in the INEC then until 1.30 ish. It will be a cracking night. And all free.

That's great. Worst case , if carparks all full , maybe I can find some estate out muckross road and leave there for the night once not blocking anyone's drive. Will be in Killarney for a few hours and meeting up with some friends to head to waterville in their car....

That's great. Worst case , if carparks all full , maybe I can find some estate out muckross road and leave there for the night once not blocking anyone's drive. Will be in Killarney for a few hours and meeting up with some friends to head to waterville in their car....

You would want to be very very unlucky to find all the car parks full. Don't leave the car parked anywhere on Muckross road. That road is bad enough with traffic jams as it is. And even if it looks to you like you've parked well, you'll inevitably end up blocking something. There's also a massive car park down past the Plaza hotel. I think it's called Beech road so you have plenty of options

dobman88 wrote:
    You would want to be very very unlucky to find all the car parks full. Don't leave the car parked anywhere on Muckross road. That road is bad enough with traffic jams as it is. And even if it looks to you like you've parked well, you'll inevitably end up blocking something. There's also a massive car park down past the Plaza hotel. I think it's called Beech road so you have plenty of options

dobman88 wrote:

Is that the Tesco carpark? Is this free on Sundays and bank holidays or pay by hour?

Is that the Tesco carpark? Is this free on Sundays and bank holidays or pay by hour?

Yeah. Tesco in town centre. Free on Sundays and bank holidays as its still a council car park. Not a private one.

dobman88 wrote:
    Yeah. Tesco in town centre. Free on Sundays and bank holidays as its still a council car park. Not a private one.

Always assumed was opened by Tesco. Great to hear!! Thanks

Always assumed was opened by Tesco. Great to hear!! Thanks

No bother. Was always known as Quinnsworths car park. How many years have they been gone now! But then was just called "Tesco car park".

Have fun anyway. This weekend is always fantastic in Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Countdown1982

Just noticed yesterday that Homebase in Deerpark has Closed Down. Any ideas if another retailer will fill the vacant unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Just noticed yesterday that Homebase in Deerpark has Closed Down. Any ideas if another retailer will fill the vacant unit?

I wish M&S would move in there, their current store is so small, it's hardly worth being there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I think its only closed about a week or so. I could see the likes of Woodies going in there now.

Advertisement