Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

fierce hard to find somewhere to live in Killarney. Either renting my own or Sharing.

Daft have less than 5 places....

Any other suggestions?

Have you tried the Killarney Advertiser or Outlook Magazine.. it is out every Friday and they maybe some place available...
    Also word of mouth..letting people know you are looking for a place ..
    Notice boards,..maybe in Tescos or Dunne's ..
    Good luck with your search,hope you find a place soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

See Im nowhere near killarney at present.

Is there a way of getting the advertiser from elsewhere in the country?

Not sure how well the online edition works...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Last week there was about 4 places in the advertiser. Daft have nothing for sharing at the moment and everything for rent is €200 a week plus. It's gone ridic expensive in the last couple of years. I really wish you the best of luck. I feel your pain.

reckon it would free up after the summer??

reckon it would free up after the summer??

I really hope so. When the students finish up their summer work and have to go back to college. Check daft every day tho and be quick on anything that pops up. An apartment near my house was up for 6 hours. The people that lives there moved out and people were in the same day. Its a crazy situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

It is possible to read it online at Killarneyadvertiser.ie

The interface isn't great ( a bit finicky) but it is doable.

Normally updated sometime Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Radio5 wrote: »

I'm nearly sure I've spent more time stuck in traffic in Macroom than I have spent in any other town in Ireland (bar Killarney) :(

At this stage I'm wondering if there is anyone still alive from when the bypassing of Macroom was first proposed.

if anyone is looking to rent a place in killarney, it seems easier to rent in pairs.

More 2 bedroom apartments than anything.

PM me if you want to look together.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Had lunch a few times at The Roost on Beech St. near Ulster Bank. I was good. I had the quarter chicken which was a nice barbecued flavour. Very surprised at how good it was. 6.95 euros very reasonable..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Is it true they give u free ice cream??

• Advertisement

Yes it is true. and you can fill the cone yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Is there a catch?

No catch. the ice cream machine is beside the cash register and the staff stand beside you and show you how to do it. It really is a good restaurant. One of the best in town, serves craft beers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Heard good things about that restaurant. Have to pop in some evening, ice cream deal has me sold!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

+1 for The Roost, lovely food! Mind the glass door on the way out though! :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Can anybody recommend a good dentist in town, particularly for teeth whitening?

Sorry to repeat myself guys, but anyone got any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Sorry to repeat myself guys, but anyone got any suggestions?

One up at the reeks does it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just saw this on Radio Kerry's FB page.

"Man hunt underway in Kilgobnet, Beaufort following armed robbery at Waterville Post Office. Those linked to robbery believed to have abandoned escaped car, navy Mazda 6, 03 registration. They may be armed. Gardaí ask public to be careful, if you've information, ring Killarney gardaí at 064 667 1160

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Wondering, did they catch up with the thieves,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

goat2 wrote: »

Last update they caught two of the three and two Garda injured after the thieves ramming the Garda car.

• Advertisement

Yeah. 2 in custody. One still out there somewhere but on foot he will only be able to hide for so long around Beaufort

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

They are daring, ramming into police,

They are daring, ramming into police,

They were never gonna get too far. It's not like a city with blind alleys and loads of hiding places. It's wide open countryside in the ring of Kerry with every nosey Nora wanting to know everything. If the 3rd lad even so much as breathes in the wrong way he'll be caught. One for Ireland's Dumbest Criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

dobman88 wrote: »
    They were never gonna get too far. It's not like a city with blind alleys and loads of hiding places. It's wide open countryside in the ring of Kerry with every nosey Nora wanting to know everything. If the 3rd lad even so much as breathes in the wrong way he'll be caught. One for Ireland's Dumbest Criminals.

That and the fact you only have to have checkpoints on three roads and they can't leave

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

3 Captured, All living in the Killarney Area

newman10 wrote: »
    3 Captured, All living in the Killarney Area

Link for that? Can't find anything stating either fact online.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Beaufort text message last night

No link but names and location mentioned

newman10 wrote: »
    Beaufort text message last night

No link but names and location mentioned

At right. The aul nosey Nora brigade. That must be fact so :rolleyes:

Long interview on Radio Kerry there with Flor Murphy. Still looking for the 3rd lad this morning. From Kerry but he didn't say where abouts.

• Advertisement

Long interview on Radio Kerry there with Flor Murphy. Still looking for the 3rd lad this morning. From Kerry but he didn't say where abouts.

It would help if they had a description of him, to alert the public, who might be able to tell guards of his whereabouts.

Advertisement