Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Was he young, theres a young guy that prob maybe my own age, 22? - Heard of him, seen him few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Magga

yes he was a young man - i have never seen anyone so tall, he had to bend his head to go out the door

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

My friend worked with him, in Dunnes i think funnily enough. He cycles around too - He was that height when he as only 15 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

ah know that fella too hightower is his nickname( well suited i know :) ). He is into basketball as well. Ah nice fella as well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Magga wrote: »
    I was on holiday in killarney and saw a man who was about 7ft tall in dunnes stores in killarney- did anyone else see him.
    Magga wrote: »
    yes he was a young man - i have never seen anyone so tall, he had to bend his head to go out the door
    johnnyc wrote: »
    ah know that fella too hightower is his nickname( well suited i know :) ). He is into basketball as well. Ah nice fella as well

ah now in all honesty he is a sound young man. He seems to get an awful doing (slagging) around town with his height, but is a lovely young fella, harmless out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Was out last night and the topic of conversation was Joe Duffy on Thursday.

Did anyone hear it. I realize it is Radio 1 but just interested to what was going on

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

newman10 wrote: »
    Was out last night and the topic of conversation was Joe Duffy on Thursday.

Did anyone hear it. I realize it is Radio 1 but just interested to what was going on

Why what happened ?

Something about a Builder in Killarney, people being left stuck and owing 2 mil

Has anyone heard anymore on the attempt to burn the courthouse/door?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Something about a Builder in Killarney, people being left stuck and owing 2 mil
    can you remember which builder?
    i know some builders that built some houses in the middle of nowhere (beaufort - killorglin) and havent been able to shift them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

dmeehan wrote: »
    can you remember which builder?
    i know some builders that built some houses in the middle of nowhere (beaufort - killorglin) and havent been able to shift them

You can hear the clip here - http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-rte-liveline-Thursday.smil (assuming you have realplayer installed).
    Scroll along to the 55 minute mark where the topic starts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

ah the ring of kerry charity cycle this weekend, just wondering what pub would be good and be packed with cyclist in town for saturday night?

johnnyc wrote: »
    ah the ring of kerry charity cycle this weekend, just wondering what pub would be good and be packed with cyclist in town for saturday night?

Dont know which Pub is best but there is a BBQ at the Gleneagle on Saturday evening

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anymore on the attempt to burn the courthouse/door?

Maybe someone wants the door back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 celtic_muffin

Hey everyone!

I just moved to Killarney recently for the summer and I am bored out of my mind at the moment. Any suggestions for activities or how to meet some people? I am working most nights which is why the usual "Go into a pub on your own and start talking to people" approach (which is what I did in Galway and it was great!) doesn't work...my financed are kinda limited, too, so I can't spend 50 Euro each day either ;)
    Any help would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Hey everyone!

I just moved to Killarney recently for the summer and I am bored out of my mind at the moment. Any suggestions for activities or how to meet some people? I am working most nights which is why the usual "Go into a pub on your own and start talking to people" approach (which is what I did in Galway and it was great!) doesn't work...my financed are kinda limited, too, so I can't spend 50 Euro each day either ;)
    Any help would be appreciated :)

Not sure what your age is but I recall seeing an ad for an over 30s social club - not singles club - called cairde nua. Think the contact was www.cairdenua.ie not sure if its still around - also get a hold of the advertiser on Fridays as it will list all the sports clubs and activities around. Well done on picking the good summer to move here!

eircom tonight is an absolute joke for me for getting into hotmail and facebook? error+error+error ... Anyone else down here experiencing the same and/or any solutions you could share?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

eircom tonight is an absolute joke for me for getting into hotmail and facebook? error+error+error ... Anyone else down here experiencing the same and/or any solutions you could share?

Try this suggestion.
    Worked for me :)

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Try this suggestion.
    Worked for me :)

cheers, I'm the kinda person who doesn't like messing with IT settings when at all possible though I'll try it.

@ Inexile

Thanks for your suggestion, I don't think I am old enough though coz I'm only 23 ;) But thanks again, I appreciate that ur you are trying to help me!
    I will look out for sports club but I am not really good at sports so I don't know if there is any point just for the summer...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

@ Inexile

Thanks for your suggestion, I don't think I am old enough though coz I'm only 23 ;) But thanks again, I appreciate that ur you are trying to help me!
    I will look out for sports club but I am not really good at sports so I don't know if there is any point just for the summer...
    GO to any of the smaller local bars you can have a 7up aswell people in killarney are well used to floating heads going through town you will make plenty of friends:pac:

GO to any of the smaller local bars you can have a 7up aswell people in killarney are well used to floating heads going through town you will make plenty of friends:pac:

Thanks for the answer, any suggestions where to go? Everything except for Charley Foley's would be fine :) Would it work during the day as well (as I work most nights)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

Thanks for the answer, any suggestions where to go? Everything except for Charley Foley's would be fine :) Would it work during the day as well (as I work most nights)?
    SPEAKEASY is good during the day if you like racing and jades is always ok for a game of pool during the day ,,if there is nobody there ask the barmen they always play pool during the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Hi all,

Myself and some friends are going on a hen night in Killarney in the next few weeks and were wondering where are the best places to go for a big group of girls,

Any ideas ? ? ?

Thanks

Hey has anyone here made an appearance down at the races so far this week? The numbers aren't half what they were last year, never mind previous years. The town itself is quiet mid-evening with people now returning home if they live within 2hours of Killarney instead of booking in locally as has been the trend in previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Hey has anyone here made an appearance down at the races so far this week? The numbers aren't half what they were last year, never mind previous years. The town itself is quiet mid-evening with people now returning home if they live within 2hours of Killarney instead of booking in locally as has been the trend in previous years.

Heard the numbers were pretty decent most evenings but that on Thursday the weather didnt oblige and there were fierce showers.

Also heard rumours that there would be cheap tickets (€20/€15) for Pussycat Dolls on sale at the gates, as overall very few tickets had been sold, even with the reduced price of buy 6 for the price of 4 (price from 59.50 per ticket to 39.65 per ticket) on offer during the week. Don't know if that's 100% accurate but might be useful to some (if you're not watching the Sligo match;))

Also heard rumours that there would be cheap tickets (€20/€15) for Pussycat Dolls on sale at the gates, as overall very few tickets had been sold, even with the reduced price of buy 6 for the price of 4 (price from 59.50 per ticket to 39.65 per ticket) on offer during the week. Don't know if that's 100% accurate but might be useful to some (if you're not watching the Sligo match;))

I was out in town lastnight and was offered numerous tickets for nothing! They couldn't give them away fast enough. I've no interest in the pussycat dolls being honest but will make an appearance in town later I'd imagine. I remember also last year for westlife a mate of mine had no ticket before-hand for them and got in for free at the gate for them.

I was out in town lastnight and was offered numerous tickets for nothing! They couldn't give them away fast enough. I've no interest in the pussycat dolls being honest but will make an appearance in town later I'd imagine. I remember also last year for westlife a mate of mine had no ticket before-hand for them and got in for free at the gate for them.

O/H took 4 kids to Town on Saturday night, got into pussycat dolls for free then went to Birds which was empty, xtra value rides.

Town has gone eerily quiet for the time of year

O/H took 4 kids to Town on Saturday night, got into pussycat dolls for free then went to Birds which was empty, xtra value rides.

Town has gone eerily quiet for the time of year

The organisers knew in advance the tickets were not selling and had half the pitch and stand closed off to give appearance of bigger audience in the centre. I'm hearing of about 3000 in attendance at concert - absolute joke imo. God only knows who will come next year, if indeed anyone. Their are losses to recuperate now also as sponsorship wasn't good at all this year by all accounts.
    I think Killarney Summerfest could well be in jeopardy, time will tell how next year will look.

Yeah the town is unbelievably quite for the middle of July & we are having our busiest time all year at the moment right now too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I'm hearing of about 3000 in attendance at concert - absolute joke imo.
    God only knows who will come next year, if indeed anyone. Their are losses to recuperate now also as sponsorship wasn't good at all this year by all accounts.
    I think Killarney Summerfest could well be in jeopardy, time will tell how next year will look.

I heard a figure of 3000 as well.
    Hard to see how the Summerfest wouldnt be in trouble after this.
    Initially I thought the PCD were a poor choice for the Summerfest especially at €60 a ticket.
    Shame really as the town could have done with a big weekend.
    Agree it's very quiet for the middle of July.

Advertisement