Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Was thinking of heading out in town tonight but dont want to be in a club full of drunk leaving certs. Any place that don't allow them in?

Avoid mustangs, McSorleys and the grand. It's a horrible night to even walk around town. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm bringing 6 people to the races on Saturday and was wondering if anyone has sen any discount codes/offers around anywhere. I probably should have posted this in Bargain requests :D.
    I've emailed the racecourse but discount only applies to groups of 20+.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You could try contact some of the sponsors they might be able to sort ye with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Anybody know of a semi regular car boot sale in killarney or tralee?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Anybody know of a semi regular car boot sale in killarney or tralee?

There is one in Tralee every Sunday in the Mart in Caherslee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Thanks, any more info available. I've heard different start times and sellers fees quoted

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thanks, any more info available. I've heard different start times and sellers fees quoted

I don't know for sure. I think it's €10 per stall & people advised to get there early, like 8am. Not 100% sure though as I've never Been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There is one in Tralee every Sunday in the Mart in Caherslee.
    I go to the Tralee market some times, it is good, but did not know that they hold one in Killarney, would love to know if they do and when this happens, would love to go if it is on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Is there a pay as you go gym in Killarney?

Is there a pay as you go gym in Killarney?

All of them. Some hotels would be exclusive to members and guests but you can PAYG in physique fitness and the aura and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

There's a new gym also out in Deerpark i think? Was cropping up on my fb page lately. I can't remember name of it now but i think it's above/near costa coffee? Maybe a more local person can clarify. Might be worth checking out as I'm thinking they'll be eager for custom so may have offers/good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

In Killarney for a few days.
    Whats Khao like for food ?
    Is it Thai or chinese or bit of both?
    Looks nice from the outside anyway.

Triboro wrote: »

I'm just on the way there now for the first time. Will report back later.

dobman88 wrote: »
    I'm just on the way there now for the first time. Will report back later.

Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I was there but didn't really like it, it's Chinese food, meant to be healthier than take aways but didn't notice much difference, just found the staff a bit intrusive (constantly filling our glasses every 2 minutes, always asking if we were ok) food was ok but nothing special. Others may saying glowing things about it though :pac:

I just had the exact opposite experience to siblers.

The food is Viet, Thai and Singapore. I had a Viet dish called Pho Bo. Amazing.

Staff were brilliant, very polite and not intrusive at all. A lady came round once to refill our water glasses when we were both empty. The boss, owner, manager came over for a quick chat as he was doing with every table.

I wouldn't head there with kids tho. But overall a 10/10 experience and somewhere I'm already looking forward to returning to.

Mixed reactions there.
    Will check it out tomorrow eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

dobman88 wrote: »
    I just had the exact opposite experience to siblers.

The food is Viet, Thai and Singapore. I had a Viet dish called Pho Bo. Amazing.

Staff were brilliant, very polite and not intrusive at all. A lady came round once to refill our water glasses when we were both empty. The boss, owner, manager came over for a quick chat as he was doing with every table.

I wouldn't head there with kids tho. But overall a 10/10 experience and somewhere I'm already looking forward to returning to.

Mostly Thai and only E12 for a main course. Top quality food for that price and the staff are very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Went into Khao on the first day of the school holidays in June. We found it really excellent. Good quality Asian food , far better than the normal Chinese restaurant fare found around the country. The staff were very attentive and accommodating.

revBJ

Mixed reactions there.
    Will check it out tomorrow eve!

Went to Khao yesterday evening,had the spicy wings starter(€5) and red duck curry(€12), both very enjoyable and large portions,staff were great.Will go back there on my next visit for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I need a hobby. Can any tell me anything about classes\clubs\ sports etc i can join, only something fun....Wednesdays and Thursdays perferrably....I know there's tag rugby on Tuesdays but im not around for that

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Me too stop animal cruelty if you hear of anything let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

karate but unfortunately on a Tuesday night at 5:30.
    Really nice crowd, geez give it a go

Many women tinner? I'm like 5 floor something
    Are ye all very experienced?
    Where is it on?
    Lots of questions

St. Mary's Parish Hall, Killarney Tuesday 5:30 - 7pm.
    To be honest, it's a mix of kids and adults, changes every week.
    A couple of very experienced black belts, and then a few others.
    You'd be made feel welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

tinner777 wrote: »
    St. Mary's Parish Hall, Killarney Tuesday 5:30 - 7pm.
    To be honest, it's a mix of kids and adults, changes every week.
    A couple of very experienced black belts, and then a few others.
    You'd be made feel welcome!!

Is there much "sparring"?

Thanks tinner

Madman2 wrote: »
    Is there much "sparring"?

it depends on what Sensei aims for the week are. There is always a little depending on class size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Anyone now of a ladies soccar team in or around Killarney ??

• Advertisement

Anyone now of a ladies soccar team in or around Killarney ??

No unless Killarney Celtic or Athletic have one but I'm not sure. Plenty of Ladies GAA teams around though.

Advertisement