Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hi guys. I need a good, qualified plumber. Can anyone on Boards recommend one, please?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hi guys. I need a good, qualified plumber. Can anyone on Boards recommend one, please?
    Cheers.

https://www.yelp.ie/biz/christopher-doona-plumbing-and-heating-faha

He is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2 red.shoulder

Looking for an electrician, any recommendations?

Thanks Siblers. I'll give him a call.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

A bypass of Killarney connecting the N71 at Muckross to the N22/N72 at Lissivigeen is back on the cards.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/link-road-plan-may-solve-killarney-traffic-gridlock-421441.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

The land acquisition will be the biggest problem they'll face with that proposal. Would be great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Does anyone know about a 10k run in Killarney on 10th Oct?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

No but the 10 miler is on this Saturday. 9.30am from Muckross https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=531829560346682&id=359331154263191

Dobman. Do you know is that Muckcross Road or Muckross House? If road do you know where it starts from? Thanks

It's from town into the Demense and up around the top of aghadoe as far as I'm aware.

Website shows an unconfirmed map but from previous years that has been the route.

http://killarney10mile.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Think the one you're on about is on the 8th of October..heard an ad for it on the radio yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I know it's not the right place to ask but....

Anyone know where I'd find good trad or even irish rebel style music tonight in Cork city.

From about 10-12

There is a Cork thread here. You might be new or you might actually be as your moniker might suggest. What kind of rebel music do you want? Is it Cork football music or is it Wolfe Tones music? If you are a newbie then go into regional and select Cork city or County if you are not then, give it up whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Long traffic jam on the ByPass last night around 6/ 6.40. Traffic backed up from Supervalu roundabout back to turn for Kilcummin. Is that normal for Sunday eve?

The GAA matches were well over at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi guys can someone please tell me where there is an Internet cafe in Killarney, I have an apptitude test to do this week, I'm on holidays in Kerry and I never brought my laptop so il need to use somewhere where I have chess to a computer and Internet, killorglin would be closer but I don't think there's anywhere in killorglin, I have thought about the libabry in killorglin because there are computers there but I'm not sure if they will let me use them because I'm not a member of the libabry.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

fin12 wrote: »
    Hi guys can someone please tell me where there is an Internet cafe in Killarney, I have an apptitude test to do this week, I'm on holidays in Kerry and I never brought my laptop so il need to use somewhere where I have chess to a computer and Internet, killorglin would be closer but I don't think there's anywhere in killorglin, I have thought about the libabry in killorglin because there are computers there but I'm not sure if they will let me use them because I'm not a member of the libabry.

There is one on New Street, I think it's called Sweets n Things or something, you can't miss it as they advertise the internet access in the window. Its just down from that Underground cafe on the corner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

A book of condolences is now open in the Kerry County council building in Rathass, Tralee for the passing of Munster head coach Anthony Foley, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

We're in Killarney for the weekend and would like to find a pub to watch Munster Rugby match on Saturday. Can anyone recommend a pub which would have a good atmosphere and have Rugby on TV? Thanks

K-Town Bar would be pretty good, or else you could try Murphys or Scotts

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

Thanks a million..was thinking of Scotts..where is K-town bar? I haven't heard of it. .it might be nice to try somewhere different...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Kdylass wrote: »
    Thanks a million..was thinking of Scotts..where is K-town bar? I haven't heard of it. .it might be nice to try somewhere different...

Used to be the Granary, New St Car park

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What's The Shire pub like in Killarney? Is it worth visiting if ur a fan of Lord of the Rings?

fin12 wrote: »
    What's The Shire pub like in Killarney? Is it worth visiting if ur a fan of Lord of the Rings?

It's sh!te. You'd be dissappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Honestly, I won't bother my are going in there again. Most of the barmen are rude and arrogant from all my experiences in there. Plus its well known to have a f all lord of the rings theme.

The failte is your place, great craic and lovely staff.

Yeah agree with SAC, Failte is a lively spot with a nice crowd in there. You're in the perfect part of town with Scott's, Failte, Murphy's, McSorleys bar (not the nightclub part) for late live band.

That's not a bad night out right there.

I've not been to The Shire in ages but anytime I was there I enjoyed it, good choice of music and relaxed atmosphere. The LOTR aspect is totally overhyped, I feel sorry for anyone who has gone out of there way to visit it for the LOTR theme but when it's not mobbed, it's a nice place. Never had any bad experience with the bar staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Anyone know what they are doing on the main road to Cork after turn off to Kenmare ? Bad delays today. Just a simple resurface? Don't think t needed it

jtown wrote: »
    Anyone know what they are doing on the main road to Cork after turn off to Kenmare ? Bad delays today. Just a simple resurface? Don't think t needed it

Yeah, they have been resurfacing the climbing lanes (for both sides) on the way to Ballyvourney have been reduced to one lane for the last couple of weeks so I imagine it's part of those works.

Work in Ballyvourney, the tailbacks were bad enough this evening. Very odd time of year to start that to be fair.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    Work in Ballyvourney, the tailbacks were bad enough this evening. Very odd time of year to start that to be fair.

They are probably using up any unused funds from their budget so they won't lose out on funding for next year :rolleyes:

Advertisement