Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me where I can safely dispose of an old car battery, Thanks

Donie Murhill down in Muckross might take care of it for you. He runs a spares business, I bought a battery off him recently but he might dispose of one too. Or try the dump in Coolcaslagh, they might have a place for things like that.

I've honestly got no idea but they're the two that sprung to mind first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

dobman88 wrote: »
    Donie Murhill down in Muckross might take care of it for you. He runs a spares business, I bought a battery off him recently but he might dispose of one too. Or try the dump in Coolcaslagh, they might have a place for things like that.

I've honestly got no idea but they're the two that sprung to mind first

The dump in Coolcaslagh definitely have a section for batteries (of all types).I'm nearly certain I saw car batteries there the last time I was out there.

That's you best bet.

Also they take a whole load of other stuff for free if you are heading out there (rather than paying for it to be taken away)

RECYCLING:
    The following items (once segregated) can be recycled at facility free of charge:
    Newspapers & Magazines, Plastic Bottles, Cardboard, Glass, Steel Food Cans,
    Aluminium Cans, Domestic Electrical & Electronic Waste, Household Hazardous Waste,
    Scrap Metal, Textiles

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Its not a dump, its a Waste Transfer Station!! :)

You can return a car battery to any outlet that sells car batteries. You don't have to be buying a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bendy1911

Hi guys,

Is anyone else finding the rental market in Killarney a bit crazy at the moment? Has it always been like this? Any tips on where to look apart from Daft?
    Have looked at the advertiser etc recently but not a whole lot going on there.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

bendy1911 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Is anyone else finding the rental market in Killarney a bit crazy at the moment? Has it always been like this? Any tips on where to look apart from Daft?

Thanks

It's been brutal for about a year now, it's been bad for a long time, but the last time I remember it being as bad as it is at the moment was in 2007/2008.

Have you tried the letting agents in town? I have had to go that route before, yer man across the way from the taxi rank sorted me out last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Hi guys,

Thanks

Have you tried 4rent.ie it is beside the carpark by High Street..
    Or online: property.ie.. they say property coming available over the coming weeks..may not be what you looking for but worth a try..
    Good luck.

Hi guys,

Thanks

Was talking to someone who was looking to buy close to Killarney and they were saying that houses near town are selling very quickly as well. I think the fact that there has been very little new building anywhere near town the last few years is definitely having an impact close to town. Being able to walk to town is a big plus for folks.

Maybe try out the country a bit if you have a car?

Maybe try calling into the estate agents/property managers in town to see if they can be of any help. They would often have an inside track on things.

Christmas in Killarney have a Christmas competition in local shops.

Good luck to all.

CylRyLqWEAAIymS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I know that Boards is good for getting advice about community activities and various other needs - but is advertising a bit too much for this section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I see no harm tbh, I don't live in town so I wouldn't be aware of alot of these adverts...handy to know whats going on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

It's not really telling anyone what's going though, is it? It's an advertisement for shops. Ahh, the true spirit of Christmas, yes.

It's not really telling anyone what's going though, is it? It's an advertisement for shops. Ahh, the true spirit of Christmas, yes.

Well it's after telling me there's a competition in certain shops that I didn't know about before seeing the poster above. And it tells you how to enter the comp and what prizes are on offer. What's the harm in trying to keep business in the town? Can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Hi guys,

Thanks

Try the advertiser, there might not be much in it but you never know! That's where we found our current house. After that, try some of the letting agents in town..it's 4rent up by the taxi rank. Also John Buckley on High Street but ah..I know a few folks who have rented from him and they have a few stories to tell..however give it a shot, ya never know!

The gleneagle is absolutely mobbed tonight....heard there's some vintage rally on tomorrow?? Is that any good? Never heard of it before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Anywhere with good music tonight?

The dunloe??

Looking for irish kind of songs or a mix

The Grand is a lively spot

Anywhere with good music tonight?

The dunloe??

Looking for irish kind of songs or a mix

Yep Dunloe or Failte would be your bet I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭lukin

Does anyone know a reputable indoor cleaner (of houses) in Killarney town? You can pm me, thanks in advance.

Have 2 tickets for Tommy tiernan in the inec Saturday 17th December....but now I can't go...

Does anybody know if they offer refunds or will they sell my tickets for me?

Or am I stuck with losing the money

Not sure I can sell them online because they are for collection at the box office...

Have 2 tickets for Tommy tiernan in the inec Saturday 17th December....but now I can't go...

Does anybody know if they offer refunds or will they sell my tickets for me?

Or am I stuck with losing the money

Not sure I can sell them online because they are for collection at the box office...

They will refund them 100%. Had the same problem with Ryan Sheridan a couple of weeks ago. Dropped the ticket a back to them, and 3 days later the money hit my account. The Gleneagle really are fantastic to deal with

• Advertisement

Turns out they wont refund them. Unfortunate.

And they wont sell them next either. Theyll sell their own tickets first then my ones

Turns out they wont refund them. Unfortunate.

And they wont sell them next either. Theyll sell their own tickets first then my ones

Very surprised to hear that. I've had to do it a few times and never had a problem. Did they give a reason?

Very surprised to hear that. I've had to do it a few times and never had a problem. Did they give a reason?

Said the tickets are non refundable and thry have to sell the remainder of their own tickets before theyll sell mine

Not ideal.

Also said the box office would call me back. But they didnt. And wheb they rransfer me to box office it rungs out. Um not sharing your opinion of dealing with the gleneagle at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Said the tickets are non refundable and thry have to sell the remainder of their own tickets before theyll sell mine

Not ideal.

Also said the box office would call me back. But they didnt. And wheb they rransfer me to box office it rungs out. Um not sharing your opinion of dealing with the gleneagle at the moment!

To be fair, their remit is to sell all the tickets they have, not to try to shift yours for you.
    Try to sell them privately to a mate or on Facebook. Think you'll be in trouble though, 3 gigs in 3 days is a bit of Tiernan over saturation imo

Genuinely surprised about that Chancer. Hopefully you're able to shift them. Can try one of those buy and sell pages if you're on Facebook. Or maybe try a family member?

Yeah have bee trying.

Applied for access to the killlarney and tralee buy snd sell pages yesterday. Still neither approved.

Took the hit and paid to advertise them at 15 less than face value on a couple places.

If anyone here hears if people going, might as well buy mine and save yourself the price of a few drinks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Yeah have bee trying.

Applied for access to the killlarney and tralee buy snd sell pages yesterday. Still neither approved.

Took the hit and paid to advertise them at 15 less than face value on a couple places.

If anyone here hears if people going, might as well buy mine and save yourself the price of a few drinks!!

Might have to realise that Tommy Tiernan is gonna be a hard sell!!!! Might have to suck it up and give to a mate and take the kudos of being a kind mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Yeah have bee trying.

Try adverts.ie although people will probably wanna swap something with ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

They will refund them 100%. Had the same problem with Ryan Sheridan a couple of weeks ago. Dropped the ticket a back to them, and 3 days later the money hit my account. The Gleneagle really are fantastic to deal with[/quote.

100% ??

• Advertisement

ciaeim wrote: »
    They will refund them 100%. Had the same problem with Ryan Sheridan a couple of weeks ago. Dropped the ticket a back to them, and 3 days later the money hit my account. The Gleneagle really are fantastic to deal with[/quote.

100% ??

Ah GTFO, I can only speak from experience and they have always sorted me with refunds.

Advertisement