Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

madcabbage wrote: »
    It was one of two stores in Killarney, there's another one in the Outlet center but I haven't passed through there in a while so I'm not sure if that one is there either anymore.

Trespass is in the Outlet Centre and we are still there :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any doctor thats good that is usually available short notice?

Like a place thay would give you an appointment same day most of the time.

Might be ambitious....

Might be too late http://www.rossmedicalpractice.ie/#/contact/4565003003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Stravos Murphy

Any recommendations for massage in the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

Anyone been to Casita Mexicana? Was thinking of going there for a bite this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Anyone been to Casita Mexicana? Was thinking of going there for a bite this weekend.

I like it. It's good decent food without being amazing. Little bit over priced imo but the owner is a lovely lady that also serves the tables and has a chat with everyone so service is excellent. Her husband is the chef and it's got a good family feel to it which I like.

Definitely worth a visit imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

+1 for Casita Mexicana, really really nice food and the people are lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Any good pc fixing places?

Have only dealt with planet pc and wasn't impressed at all

Any good pc fixing places?

Have only dealt with planet pc and wasn't impressed at all

Leaders by small Tesco, they aren't cheap though. What's the issue with your pc?

Not picking up WiFi. Even tho the WiFi is perfect

Generally slow.

Only a year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Generally slow.

Only a year old.

If its a PC, why dont you swap out the wifi card. They're cheap as chips on amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Radio5 wrote: »
    Any idea what happened to the Outdoor shop that used to be up there beside the Royal? has it moved or is it gone for good?

company went into liquidation on 9th Sept. last year according to free results on SoloCheck

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Generally slow.

Only a year old.

Did the wifi work previously and just stopped working? It might be the settings on your router, I had a similar issue and I had to change some settings. Does your pc recognise that their is a wifi connection there and it won't connect or it won't see that there is a connection to connect to?

If it's slow, you can always do a back up of your files and then do a reset but that's a small bit tricky. There are a few simple things you can do to speed it up.

http://www.howtogeek.com/228570/10-quick-ways-to-speed-up-a-slow-windows-pc/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bendy1911

Hi,
    Thanks to those for the help previously on finding accommodation in town. It took a long time and was very hard to find anything decent.
    Now that I'm finally settled here I wanted to ask the community for things to do.

I'm 37, male, single. Not really into the pub scene that much, so trying to find social outlets here. I've moved down from Dublin where there was always lots happening and heaps to do so I'm excited to find some groups etc to join here.

On Saturday I went to Parkrun in Muckross and that was a nice event, lots of friendly people.

Any other suggestions from locals on clubs/groups that would welcome me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

karate on a Tuesday night, 5:30 - 18:00??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bendy1911

Whats that on tinner777? Do you go? What kind of group is it? Open to newcomers and relatively unfit people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

bendy1911 wrote: »
    Whats that on tinner777? Do you go? What kind of group is it? Open to newcomers and relatively unfit people?

St Mary's Parish Hall,
    St Anne's Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry.
    Up near the library.

A mix of adults and kids. I'm a big fella and very unfit, but try my best. The warm up kills me :o

http://www.kerryshotokan.com/

It's a very nice group in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

bendy1911 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks to those for the help previously on finding accommodation in town. It took a long time and was very hard to find anything decent.
    Now that I'm finally settled here I wanted to ask the community for things to do.

I'm 37, male, single. Not really into the pub scene that much, so trying to find social outlets here. I've moved down from Dublin where there was always lots happening and heaps to do so I'm excited to find some groups etc to join here.

On Saturday I went to Parkrun in Muckross and that was a nice event, lots of friendly people.

Any other suggestions from locals on clubs/groups that would welcome me?

Pm'd you. Welcome to killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Hi, just looking for any info on Footgolf in Killarney, it's out in Beaufort as far as I know.
    The website or phone number don't seem to be working.. anyone know if it's still open or how to contact them?

I'd say they are closed till the Summer, the ground there is very boggy so I'd say it's unusable this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

We are going to Killarney for a hen party in April and are looking for a restaurant for a meal. There will be about 20 people. Macs of Main Street is not available. Does anybody have any suggestions of other possible restaurants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Kdylass wrote: »
    We are going to Killarney for a hen party in April and are looking for a restaurant for a meal. There will be about 20 people. Macs of Main Street is not available. Does anybody have any suggestions of other possible restaurants?

'My house' ha ha. But failing that I would recommend the porterhouse.

You could also try the Lane bar, they do a lot of business for stags, hens, birthdays etc

+1 the lane.

Stylish and comfortable. Decent food. Cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Sad to see the former Cronin's shop disappear from view recently. I believe the site will become part of the Ford garage.

It would be great if that space was used to help allieviate the car parking situation in the area. Cars queuing trying to go into Supervalu regularly lead to a traffic back up on what is a very busy roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Sad to see the former Cronin's shop disappear from view recently. I believe the site will become part of the Ford garage.

It would be great if that space was used to help allieviate the car parking situation in the area. Cars queuing trying to go into Supervalu regularly lead to a traffic back up on what is a very busy roundabout.

It's not gonna be a car park. Well it has some Ford cars for the moment. There will be two units like the ones already there going in and a new showroom. It is now owned by Dalys

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Dalys need to get there act together and deal with the delay they are causing at the rounabout,The first entrance by the rounabout should be removed and the entrance further down expanded. And yes i am aware that KCC would be the ones who need to enforce such a change.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Dalys need to get there act together and deal with the delay they are causing at the rounabout,The first entrance by the rounabout should be removed and the entrance further down expanded. And yes i am aware that KCC would be the ones who need to enforce such a change.
    The traffic on the road down from Spa on most evenings is nuts because of the amount of people coming out of Dalys.

Anyway the long term solution here is bypassing the town and removing long distance N22 traffic from that roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

The town is grinding to a halt,just gets crazy in the summer,this project really should be pushed before lack of action results in major loss of tourism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 cluelessoz

Can anyone tell me if theres a shop in town that would sell a HTC phone charger?

Advertisement