Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

cluelessoz wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if theres a shop in town that would sell a HTC phone charger?

Vodafone shop, College Street.
    There's a shop across from Penneys on High Street afaik. 3 maybe?
    Carphone Warehouse behind big Tesco on park road.
    Tesco itself have them.
    The meteor shop on New Street.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Radio5 wrote: »
    Yes that one, officially "N22 Farranfore-Killarney" scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Anyone know of a saddlery/country clothing shop that sells decent items such as Barbour, schoffel etc. I know that the saddlery that used to be at the end of the high street has closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Alright Killarney folk, looking for a decent eatery for just 2. Worked in Killarney up til a few years ago so know some places but a lot have changed also. Is there a Spanish spot down near the glebe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

The stone chat is really nice, its cosy and full of character. Think it Reopened just last week, will def be going back again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

The stone chat is really nice, its cosy and full of character. Think it Reopened just last week, will def be going back again.

Was there years ago for lunch. Cool, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Anyone know of a saddlery/country clothing shop that sells decent items such as Barbour, schoffel etc. I know that the saddlery that used to be at the end of the high street has closed.

Nearest one is in Ballincollig http://www.saddlesandstyle.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

newman10 wrote: »
    Nearest one is in Ballincollig http://www.saddlesandstyle.ie/

Thanks, but those brands aren't the sort I'm looking for and I really wanted it in Killarney otherwise I may as well buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Traveller protest planned at the patrick's day parade.

Oh goody

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JJTippBhoy

Not looking forward to this. Hope the parade isn't going to be distrupted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

Kids were supposed to be in the parade with the local branch of the girl guides but they have taken the decision to pull out because of the protest.

Such a shame as it's a lovely day & usually very family friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Traveller protest planned at the patrick's day parade.

Oh goody

bloody cheek of them,,,,any chance CAB could send down a few staff to take pictures of the 171 and 172 BMW's, Audi's and Passats parked nearby.

Read a local quote in the Indo today whereby the state they 'will close down Killarney'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Easy way to prevent the protest.

Have a few garda checks on tax, insurance of vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Radio Kerry news reporting that the protest has been called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Can't see it going ahead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Have popcorn at the ready tomorrow, should be fun when the excrement hits the air conditioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Era, they do get a harsh deal though. There are plenty of travellers out there who are good folks, but due to the actions of a few things like a blanket ban in pubs in towns happen.

Can you imagine how frustrating that must be? No pub in town will serve you and your wife when you want to go for a pint because other members of your community are seen as rough or criminal? You have never done anything out of the way, but someone who people identify as being 'like you' cause trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone recommend the car parking at the train station - safe overnight? or some other secure car parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone recommend the car parking at the train station - safe overnight? or some other secure car parking?

Very safe as its shared with the Malton hotel, not sure how much it costs though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

siblers wrote: »
    Very safe as its shared with the Malton hotel, not sure how much it costs though

Cheers I think it's €3 per day

I wonder though - is it hard to get a spot in it?

Is there extra parking at the malton with the same daily rate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

vicwatson wrote: »
    Cheers I think it's €3 per day

I wonder though - is it hard to get a spot in it?

Is there extra parking at the malton with the same daily rate?
    Hard enough to get a spot out front of station though if you getting early train it's possible. There are spaces allocated for train station parking and it seems to work. Someone told me theres a warden too making sure paying customers are using the spaces. Not seen him/her myself though.
    If you check in & pay at parkbytext.ie you can sort it all before you leave with the opportunity to extend if you need extra day etc.
    To get back to carpark space if you drive straight through past the station there's loads of space way back, good old walk back to get your train (5mins roughly). It's fine if it's not pouring rain.
    Edit to add: There are "parkbytext" signs at the allocated spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I wonder will Killarney Garden Centre be reopening under new owners? Without it there is no dedicated garden centre in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

Space is usually at a premium in towns like Killarney so garden centres are more likely to be located on the outskirts where there is ease of parking, lower rents etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

In Killarney for the weekend and need a good pub that will be showing the merseyside derby, Preferably a non Liverpool pub as Im an everton fan.
    Can anyone advise?

Jimmy Briens, McSweeney Arms, Scott's, The Failte, The Laune, The Sportsmans, Corkerys.

Have watched games in all those pubs. The Laune is my go to place for watching a game tho.

Mention for Charlie Foleys but it's a Liverpool pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You could try K-Town as well, they have often do drink offers for major games. I like Murphys, wouldn't be the biggest screen in the world in there but it's fairly relaxed in there

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Are any private operators running a bus service to Cork,badly needed even if BE come off the strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Are any private operators running a bus service to Cork,badly needed even if BE come off the strike.

College Link but only runs Friday and Sunday (Flynns Castlemaine)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JJTippBhoy

Best of luck to Killarney Celtic against Sheriff in FAI Junior Cup semi final.
    Game kicks off @ 5 in Mastergeeha on Sat 8th

• Advertisement

JJTippBhoy wrote: »
    Best of luck to Killarney Celtic against Sheriff in FAI Junior Cup semi final.
    Game kicks off @ 5 in Mastergeeha on Sat 8th

Yes. Should be a cracking game. And because Mastergeeha is such a small place with very limited parking there are buses running from the outlet centre from 3.15 onwards. €5 return.

Advertisement