Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Anyone know of any running clubs in town or outskirts?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greysheep

Anyone know of any running clubs in town or outskirts?

Killarney Valley Athletic Club

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

They have 5km park runs every Saturday in the national park, if you message their Facebook page, you'll probably get further information
    https://www.facebook.com/killarneyparkrun/

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Anyone know what they are doing on the Killarney to Killorglin road on the Killorglin side of Beaufort

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

jtown wrote: »
    Anyone know what they are doing on the Killarney to Killorglin road on the Killorglin side of Beaufort

Cheers

There's some road works going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

jtown wrote: »

Cheers

There was a massive tailback there today with all the beach goers on the way to Rossbay

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Recommend me a 30-50k cycle from town out muckross road - I believe there is a cycle around one of the lakes out that way?? Are there cycle tracks out to muckross house? Any info appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I haven't seen any birds around my place today. Normally there'd be crows flying around the trees and rooftops, but not a sign of one today. I also usually have blackbirds and sparrows around the back area, yet there is nary a one today. Does anyone have any ideas why that happens? There were blackbirds singing a dusk yesterday. I'm not worried - I know that they'll be back, but just curious as to where they go and why.

Scruffys Bar on College Street is closing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Best chipper in Killarney?

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote:
    Best chipper in Killarney?

Mikes

Depends what you're looking for.

Snack Box - Den Joe's.

Taco Fries or burgers - Mikes

Fish n chips or Pizza - Allegro

Personally Allegro is my favourite.

Actually there's a place down Chapel lane on New street does a grand kebab. Called Kebab Inn.

Scruffys really closing??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Im gonna go out on a limb and say the Chinese takeaway in the Park road does fantastic chips, the spice bags are awesome too!

madcabbage wrote: »
    Im gonna go out on a limb and say the Chinese takeaway in the Park road does fantastic chips, the spice bags are awesome too!

Definitely the best Chinese in town but far from the best chipper due to lack of chipper food :pac:

Scruffys really closing??

Yep. Been public knowledge for a few weeks now. No loss anyway.

Ah feck I thought it was alright.... any idea on the closing date?

Ah feck I thought it was alright.... any idea on the closing date?

This weekend

Any idea whats happening to the place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Never liked Scruffys. I wonder what they'll do to it. I can see it being turned into something like the Lane Bar. Although I heard they were going to do up the Kube too, another bar I can't stand!

Any idea whats happening to the place?

I don't know. Would be a shame to see a space like that empty in a good location. Could maybe extend the hotel reception area. Wouldn't see the point in another cocktail type bar in town. Plenty choice already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

dobman88 wrote: »
    I don't know. Would be a shame to see a space like that empty in a good location. Could maybe extend the hotel reception area. Wouldn't see the point in another cocktail type bar in town. Plenty choice already

Where's the choices for cocktail type bar?

The lane I know. Not sure of others

Where's the choices for cocktail type bar?

The lane I know. Not sure of others

The lane. The Kube. The Plaza. That place in the Grand upstairs. Isn't there a new wine/cocktail type bar in the place behind the Glebe car park, near the Mexican restaurant. I think I saw on Facebook during the week that mcsorleys have started to do cocktails but I'd be sceptical of getting one there.

I think Porterhouse does cocktails too. Vague memory of seeing them on the menu the one time I ate there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yes, both the Kube and the Plaza serve cocktails (spent 5 years working in both places making the feckin things..those were the days!) but the Ross have a classier and older crowd. Unless all has changed in Killarney in the past few years. I rarely go out when I'm home.

Never been to the grand cocktail bar before. Mustangs (ugh) had a cocktail bar, dunno if it's sill there. The one on the glebe lane is Curious Cat, a wine bar. It's fab actually, would recommend it. Lovely food too.

Seems that scruffys won't be closing at all. Apparently the rumours going around the last few weeks were just rumours after all. They've also delete the "closing event" on Facebook. Suppose we'll see after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hi guys. Does anyone know the times of the Green buses departures from East Avenue on Saturday?

Hi guys. Does anyone know the times of the Green buses departures from East Avenue on Saturday?

http://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/M7-bus-ennis-tralee-killarney-limerick-dublin-city.php

It's East Avenue Road. Not the hotel. It's at the pedestrian crossing across from the outlet centre.

4.30am, 6.30, 7.30, 9.30, 11.30, 14.30, 16.30, 18.30.

Used it on the last bank holiday weekend and everything ran perfectly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Seems like the Garda crackdown has helped reduce the amount of idiots in the town over Rally weekend.
    Well done to them and the motor club.

Advertisement