Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Heading down to Killarney for a few days with the oh soon.

Any suggestions on places to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Any suggestions for good, reasonably priced beautician in Killarney or surrounding area? my regular lady is on maternity leave for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Stheno wrote: »
    Heading down to Killarney for a few days with the oh soon.

Any suggestions on places to see?

Muckross House and Gardens. Lots of good walks around
    Ross Castle. V handy to town
    Muckross Abbey
    Stroll in around Killarney House, the Demesne and the National Park if you are around town when it's open.
    If you are looking for a day-time trip - the Gap trip - through the Gap of Dunloe on either foot, jaunting car, bike and then down through the Lakes on bike.
    Check out whats on at the INEC - may or may not be something to suit your taste depending on when you are down.

Races are on the week after next, Beerfest is on the last weekend of May and the Bike Fest is on the first weekend of June so there will be a fair old buzz at them.

The Killarney.ie site is fairly good at the attractions - the events section could be better.

Just some stuff off the top of the head - enjoy the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Radio5 wrote: »
    Any suggestions for good, reasonably priced beautician in Killarney or surrounding area? my regular lady is on maternity leave for a few months.

There's a woman stylist on Park Rd. just past the Deerpark roundabout. My friend said she is reasonable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I've heard What Women Want in Old Market lane are meant to be good.
    https://www.facebook.com/WhatWomenWantKillarney/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone know if the Waste and Recycling Center in Coolcashlagh is still in operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

madcabbage wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Waste and Recycling Center in Coolcashlagh is still in operation?

AFAIK its still in operation but now you have to pay for Recycling.

You need to Pre-purchase Disposal Bags :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

I can recommend the beauty boutique in the Reeks Gateway near Lidl roundabout 0646636884
    I have been a few times and happy with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

newman10 wrote: »
    AFAIK its still in operation but now you have to pay for Recycling.

You need to Pre-purchase Disposal Bags :mad:

It's definitely still open - was up there during the week.

You definitely don't need to pay for all recycling there - just some categories of stuff - I dumped a huge bunch of cardboard into the crushing machine at no charge.

They look to have tidied up/sorted out the layout a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ya went up yesterday. €8 for 4 bags to put stuff in. Better than boxes piling up at home!

• Advertisement

Hi guys. Anyone know where I can buy birdseed in town? Does the hardware shop on College St. carry it?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Hi guys. Anyone know where I can buy birdseed in town? Does the hardware shop on College St. carry it?

The vets on the Tralee roundabout sell it, might be too far to walk for you though?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I think Dealz sell wild bird seed too. They might sell other bird seed too.

Toxica wrote: »
    The vets on the Tralee roundabout sell it, might be too far to walk for you though?

I just might fly there;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Maybe the vets on the Park Road stock it? On the left as you leave town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Anyone know of a room or 1 bed apartment for rent near town? Reasonable price! All I've found is rooms for €100 a week which doesn't include using the kitchen or washing machine/dryer... is that the going rate here? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Daft has rooms in share houses up very regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Daft has rooms in share houses up very regularly.

Have done. Alerts on daft, rent, myhome and property.ie. And the advertiser. The rent prices are just ridiculous, or they want outrageous deposits which I can't afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

I left Killarney last week. I was paying €65 a week. My room went up on daft for €75 and within a few hours it was gone. Summer in Killarney is crazy so if you can wait until the students go back to college and hotel staff aren't all around you'd be better off waiting. Unfortunately if you need somewhere now it sucks

I see rooms on daft from 70- 100 weekly.

Also get the local papers

• Advertisement

Any recommendations of somewhere to service a road bike ?

Time to start back cycling again!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Any recommendations of somewhere to service a road bike ?

Time to start back cycling again!

The Big little Bike Shop on Woodlawn road. Good service there.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

As said the big little bike shop. Or else O Sullivans bike shop. I bike or motion cycles. Think that's all in Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 18 paddypirlo

Hi, anyone know if Liebherr are hiring floor staff and if so, where do they advertise/how to apply?

Thanks.

paddypirlo wrote: »
    Hi, anyone know if Liebherr are hiring floor staff and if so, where do they advertise/how to apply?

Thanks.

You might drop off your CV at their office if you live in Killarney or you could drop by their place for an employment application. It's a very busy company and i imagine that they're always interested in hiring good workers. If you do not live in the area a phone call to them would give you the information on which jobs are available. Good luck.

The Muckross house website states that it's open until 6 pm. I assumed that it also meant that the cafe would have the same hours, but when I tried to go in there last Wednesday at 4.50 pm it had the closed sign up. It seems a bit early to be closing for such a busy place. I'm wondering if perhaps they might have staffing problems?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

The Muckross house website states that it's open until 6 pm. I assumed that it also meant that the cafe would have the same hours, but when I tried to go in there last Wednesday at 4.50 pm it had the closed sign up. It seems a bit early to be closing for such a busy place. I'm wondering if perhaps they might have staffing problems?!

Restaurant apparently open peak season 9-7 and off peak 9-5 although I think it said hot food only until 4

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Anyone recommend where I could get a good bed + mattress. Any recommendations??

I know of

1. Tim O'Brien on high street
    2. Someplace beside Kerry Coaches in the Industrial Estate off Ballyspillane
    3. Corcoran on the Cork Road.

Not interested in Divan type beds....have a pet hate on same!!

What make of mattress should we be looking at ????? Have had 'back-problems' in past and am trying to upgrade current setup to avoid them returning

Doing up a chest of drawers and need to replace the plastic runners that the drawers slide in and out on...

Anybody have any clue where I'd get them ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Doing up a chest of drawers and need to replace the plastic runners that the drawers slide in and out on...

Anybody have any clue where I'd get them ??

Try MD O'Sheas and Killarney DIY but i normally get those bits from ebay, fast delivery and cheap enough and you can pick exactly which ones you want.

Advertisement