Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I tried the Curios Cat food/wine bar - by the parking lot above Teddy's ( O'Connors). Food very nice, great wine selection. reasonably priced. A good place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 paddypirlo

Is there a 5/6 a side soccer league in Killarney? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

paddypirlo wrote: »
    Is there a 5/6 a side soccer league in Killarney? Thanks.

7 a side in Killarney Athletic every summer. Local businesses sponsor teams but nothing regular. Some lads play astro in Killarney Celtic for fun all year.

There's a club, CG Killarney, that only formed 6 years ago and play in division 1A of the Kerry league. It's 11 a side tho but they always welcome New players. They're on Facebook as Cedar Galaxy Killarney.

And if you're as good as your username suggests they'd be delighted to have you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 paddypirlo

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. My username is more sarcastic than factual! ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Munster Final to be played in Killarney after all.

The poor beleaguered publicans in the town will be delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

What date is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

The Munster final?

July 2nd I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

dobman88 wrote: »
    July 2nd I think

July 2nd at 2pm - confirmed on the Munster GAA website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

In Killarney for a few days.
    Just looking for recommendations for.

1. A good chipper that does pizza
    2 lunch/evening meal - child friendly
    3. A beach that's close by with golden sand!

The flesk is great but I get the impression that they become full once they see a buggy!!

digzy wrote: »
    In Killarney for a few days.
    Just looking for recommendations for.

1. A good chipper that does pizza
    2 lunch/evening meal - child friendly
    3. A beach that's close by with golden sand!

The flesk is great but I get the impression that they become full once they see a buggy!!

Would steer clear of the flesk anyway. Unless you're an American tourist they don't want to know you.

1. Den Joes chipper on New Street has an apache pizza there too. Tenner for any size pizza. Round the corner from that down the lane is Kebab Inn and they do good pizzas.

2. Salvadors and I couldn't recommend it enough. It's my go to place whenever I'm home whatever time I'm in town at. Robertinos is the same owners/same kitchen but more of an evening place. Treyvauds across the road for dinner is excellent and I'm sure they would accommodate a buggy.

3. Inch is my personal favourite (on the Dingle road) and a close second is Rossbeigh in Glenbeigh, outside Killorglin.

Welcome and enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

dobman88 wrote: »
    Would steer clear of the flesk anyway. Unless you're an American tourist they don't want to know you.

)

It's funny you say that. I've eaten there a few times. Foods great...service a bit slow but once I sent the OH in to see if they'd space while I parked the car. When I arrived with the buggy, all of a sudden they'd no room!!

Thanks for your reply

digzy wrote: »
    It's funny you say that. I've eaten there a few times. Foods great...service a bit slow but once I sent the OH in to see if they'd space while I parked the car. When I arrived with the buggy, all of a sudden they'd no room!!

Thanks for your reply

Been there 3 times. Had a very bad experience first time, was during the races tbf so put it down to being busy. Second time was for someone else's party and the service was all over the place with food arriving at different times, as in 10 minutes apart. Third time was me giving them a second go since the two times I was in there it was mental. It was just a clusterfcuk. I even went back midweek and asked to speak to the mansger in private and soon as I told him I had a small complaint he just walked me outside. Gave me a card and told me to try again. I'll never go back again.

You've got so much choice in town anyway so you shouldn't be stuck for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greysheep

digzy wrote:
    1. A good chipper that does pizza 2 lunch/evening meal - child friendly 3. A beach that's close by with golden sand!

1 Den Joes
    2 The Laurels
    3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Have a wedding in Killarney in a few weeks,its on a Friday,few of us debating weather to head down on the Thursday and go on the lash.Are Thursdays nights generally busy in Killarney in July?,could people name a few bars that will be lively?,Thanks.

Yes. Killarney is busy 7 night's a week in the summer. Almost every pub will have live music and McSorleys and The Grand will be open until 2/3am 7 night's.

My advice is always just to take a wander and see what catches your eyes/ears. Killarney is so small you're always in the middle of everything.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I have relatives moving back to Killarney area from UK in the next few months, early 70's but both till in good health. Keen to sign up with a GP Practice. Any suggestions?

I have enquired from friends and got the impression that some local practices aren't exactly rolling out the red carpet to older people. This is based on experiences some people have in trying to get ongoing care for their elderly parents, for example no house calls done in any circumstances, phonecalls not being returned by doctor or nurse for days on end, to give just a few examples. They're more or less told to rely on South Doc or go to A & E.

One medical professional (not a doctor) told me that some practices are more interested in what she calls the 'yummy mummy, medical cert and sports injury market'. No time for anything awkward as growing old.

Is it my imagination or does anyone else think that the new traffic management system ( lights recently put in on Muckross Rd., etc. ) causing chaos in tow?. Today the whole town was just a traffic jam late this afternoon. I don't recall it ever being so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Is it my imagination or does anyone else think that the new traffic management system ( lights recently put in on Muckross Rd., etc. ) causing chaos in tow?. Today the whole town was just a traffic jam late this afternoon. I don't recall it ever being so bad.

Yep, it not your noggin.. Encountered it 3 weeks ago and again yesterday.
    Chaos..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Where were the new lights put in on Muckross Road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

I think 2 sets.. One I think near the brewery and the other further down possibly past the junction but before the brehon..

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Looking to buy some Ireland Flag sow-on patch to put on a rucksack that is off on its travels around Europe!!!

Where in town would sell such patches\ badges???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Looking to buy some Ireland Flag sow-on patch to put on a rucksack that is off on its travels around Europe!!!

Not 100% sure but I'm thinking the gift shops that target the tourists might be something worth looking at.

marno21 wrote: »
    Where were the new lights put in on Muckross Road?

The lights at Woodlawn Road were upgraded. They worked digging up the footpath outside Dromhall Hotel to the corner and put in new underground cables
    for about a week. The signal system has changed.

Sikpupi wrote: »

Army store upstairs in the outlet centre

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I see Doyle's service station on the Muckross Road has reopened as an Applegreen/Subway.

Handy for food on the Muckross Road and hopefully fuel prices. 4 service stations now along that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

marno21 wrote: »
    I see Doyle's service station on the Muckross Road has reopened as an Applegreen/Subway.

Handy for food on the Muckross Road and hopefully fuel prices. 4 service stations now along that route.

Well they've single handedly driven down fuel prices, no harm as the other shower of coyboys were getting away with it for far too long. Food is meant to be decent in there from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 talkinblah12

Could possibly be relocating to Killarney,just checking out the rental market at the minute.Is there anywhere worth checking out besides the usual rent.ie or daft?Any facebook groups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Could possibly be relocating to Killarney,just checking out the rental market at the minute.Is there anywhere worth checking out besides the usual rent.ie or daft?Any facebook groups?

Local papers are always good

Advertisement