Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

kaji wrote: »
    Weird question, but does anyone know if men can wear regular beach shorts in the Sports Centre swimming pool or do they have to be proper swimming shorts (for pools)? Don't want to go and be told to get out of the water lol

Regular are allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

Is it true Mustangs is closing down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Is it true Mustangs is closing down?

Heard it was up for sale. Not surprised, place has gone to the dogs in the last 4/5 years if not more.

It has been purchased by Pat Sheahan (McSorleys etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Jaysus,,,, he must own half the town centre by now

• Advertisement

Anyone know if there is a Walking Club in killarney.

Also does anyone know if the Tork TOMIES Mountain walk is opened again.... last time I tried it the farmer at the entrance had stopped people accessing the walk thru his farm anf we got turned back. He blamed Insurance at the time

Sikpupi wrote: »

Also does anyone know if the Torc Mountain walk is opened again.... last time I tried it the farmer at the entrance had stopped people accessing the walk thru his farm anf we got turned back. He blamed Insurance at the time

you mean Tomies. Torc has never been closed.

there is a hill walking club in Killarney - search Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Sikpupi wrote: »

Also does anyone know if the Tork TOMIES Mountain walk is opened again.... last time I tried it the farmer at the entrance had stopped people accessing the walk thru his farm anf we got turned back. He blamed Insurance at the time

Tomies walk is still in Dispute. Farmer stopping people and the OPW afraid to tackle him. Nobody seem to know what is going on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Someone told me the gap of dunloe is closed to cars now...only jaunting cars and locals

What's the story there?

Was open in July when I drove it....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Someone told me the gap of dunloe is closed to cars now...only jaunting cars and locals

What's the story there?

Was open in July when I drove it....

Lol. The jarveys have been telling people that for donkeys years. Some people are foolish enough to park up and get an over priced spin on a jauntily car.

Drive away. Tell them you're visiting family :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That's kind what I figured

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

I walked it last month. Had to keep stepping off the road to avoid cars, and saw two incidents where cars nearly caused an accident trying to squeeze past horses. It should be limited to locals, jaunting cars, people on horses, cyclists and walkers during the busiest part of the tourist season.

JonathonS wrote: »
    I walked it last month. Had to keep stepping off the road to avoid cars, and saw two incidents where cars nearly caused an accident trying to squeeze past horses. It should be limited to locals, jaunting cars, people on horses, cyclists and walkers during the busiest part of the tourist season.

Should be closed to cars full stop unless they're National Park, Emergency Services or locals. Sure wasn't a tourist cyclist killed up there last summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

But are there not houses in the Gap with families living in them? If they banned cars, then those people would not be able to access their homes? In addition there is animal husbandry there, which would require transport by motor vehicles.

I personally would like to see no cars beyond a certain point; but there is no place where a many cars could park, if that regulation was applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Or even try to make it a one way system, at least in the summer time (and the residents who live there could have permits that allow them to go both ways). It would help reduce accidents at the very least.

Any use Sky or Vodafone for fibre broadband near the town? Looking to love from Eir, sick of being robbed blind! Curious to know if they're services are any good.

Used to have eir . They were great

Now have Vodafone because they are cheaper and they have been excellent also

Bit the bullet and did the switch today to Vodafone, I'm no more than 100 meters from an exchange so I think I should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

madcabbage wrote:
    Bit the bullet and did the switch today to Vodafone, I'm no more than 100 meters from an exchange so I think I should be ok.

Still will be eir infrastructure you will be using.. * Should be considerably cheaper tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Would love to know how the changeover goes, how long will you be without bb do you reckon?

• Advertisement

They send out the router, technician works on exchange, switch is done within 2 hours on service day so it's straightforward enough it seems.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

madcabbage wrote: »

Did you get the Siro or just fibre? We ordered 'Siro' from vodafone in Tralee, so I'm hoping it's good!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Did you get the Siro or just fibre? We ordered 'Siro' from vodafone in Tralee, so I'm hoping it's good!

Went for phone and fibre, went through switcher.ie . I'm a Vodafone mobile customer already so they gave me a further discount down on top of the new customer one.

Siro is only being rolled out in a select number of towns at the moment, Killarney isnt on that list I don't think.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Killarney is a planned town for SIRO, e.g. in a few years or never depending on how the first bunch of towns go.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I went out yesterday for a rare pint to the Avenue hotel, and I found one of the male staff at the hotel bordering on rudeness.
    I'm usually well-dressed and well behaved when I go out. Has anyone else had the same experience? In the past I've been well treated by the lady in the white shirt ( bar manager?) and other staff, and was quite shocked by the waiter's attitude.

I went out yesterday for a rare pint to the Avenue hotel, and I found one of the male staff at the hotel bordering on rudeness.
    I'm usually well-dressed and well behaved when I go out. Has anyone else had the same experience? In the past I've been well treated by the lady in the white shirt ( bar manager?) and other staff, and was quite shocked by the waiter's attitude.

Did you bring it up with them at the time?? If you did then I'm sure it'll be rectified and you were given an apology. If you didn't, why are you bitching about it here?

Who is the best tattooist in the Paco (??) tattoo studio there in College Street

Thinking it going in there but want to know who to ask for...... don't want a junior/ trainee to work on me!!

Appreciate that it could be extra on the cost.... but I expect that.

Any recommendations for tattooist in killarney will be welcomed

Pachamama. I've had two tattoos done by the owner Ozzy. Big black Brazilian guy. I'm very happy with both.

There's another guy there with long black hair, maybe Portuguese not sure. Every time I've ever been in he's been doing complicated pieces and they looked class.

Both of them have their own catalogue available to view and Ozzy is very easy to talk to about what you want exactly.

There are no trainees there that are allowed to tattoo the public yet AFAIK. I know Ozzy has had a few done by his trainee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Notice from Bus Eireann on detour for Cork bus due to this week's road closure on N22.

http://www.buseireann.ie/news_timetable.php?id=2406&month=Oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Radio5 wrote: »
    Notice from Bus Eireann on detour for Cork bus due to this week's road closure on N22.

http://www.buseireann.ie/news_timetable.php?id=2406&month=Oct

how much time would that add on to someone coming from cork to Killarney?

Advertisement