Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Any of the pubs in town doing food deals for the Ireland match tonight ??

Wouldn't mind getting some grub for the game

Never heard of a pub doing a food deal for games. The Kube usually have hot finger food at half time free of charge for people in watching the game. And sometimes for 3 for tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lapse

Sorry if this has been asked already, haven't gone through the whole thread, I'm looking for recommendations for a good pub for Sunday afternoon/early evening pints, preferably with live music, if there is any place like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JJTippBhoy

Murphy's on College Street or The Dunloe Lodge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Big gardai raid ballyspillane this morning apprentley, drugs l wonder??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Big gardai raid ballyspillane this morning apprentley, drugs l wonder??

https://www.killarneytoday.com/operation-tarmac-swoop-killarney-properties/

Focusing on dodgy and rogue builders from Ireland's newest ethnic minority who constitute a significant percentage of the Ballyspillane 'community'.

• Advertisement

Well done to the gardai, bout time to see a crack down

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Benildus wrote: »
    https://www.killarneytoday.com/operation-tarmac-swoop-killarney-properties/

Focusing on dodgy and rogue builders from Ireland's newest ethnic minority who constitute a significant percentage of the Ballyspillane 'community'.

They didn't have to drive out as far as Ballyspillane to seize vehicles.... just hang around Den Joes chipper and watch them double-park on the wrong side of the road any busy evening,.. OR... in the disabled parking spots in Tesco ! (cos you see...parking rules down apply to them cos we have NEW cars and we do what we want!)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

A town like Killarney needs a zero tolerance approach to crime,Hope this is the start of a major clampdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Sikpupi wrote: »
    They didn't have to drive out as far as Ballyspillane to seize vehicles.... just hang around Den Joes chipper and watch them double-park on the wrong side of the road any busy evening,.. OR... in the disabled parking spots in Tesco ! (cos you see...parking rules down apply to them cos we have NEW cars and we do what we want!)

Or the Post Office in Fair Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I'm glad to see the our Gardai are taking affirmative action against those crooks, but we should not tar the decent members of a community for bad behaviour of others with the same brush.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

"Operation Tarmac" :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

I'm glad to see the our Gardai are taking affirmative action against those crooks, but we should not tar the decent members of a community for bad behaviour of others with the same brush.

Good news. But why did it take so long.?
    Its the same story in many towns throughout the country.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Christmas FM will be available in Killarney (and most of Kery) on 105.0 FM this year

Any topaz around town doing the 3 euro car wash deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

newman10 wrote: »
    Or the Post Office in Fair Hill

I guess they were collecting the social welfare there,

• Registered Users Posts: 18 paddypirlo

Anyone know a plasterer for a small bit of tape&jointing, about 25' of wall needed done asap?

Thanks.

The Christmas market in the outlet is packed! So many fab stuff there.

paddypirlo wrote: »
    Anyone know a plasterer for a small bit of tape&jointing, about 25' of wall needed done asap?

Thanks.

Chris Horgan based in Gneeveguilla. Won't find a better man imo

Gneeveguilla
    Horgan & McGillicuddy Plastering Contractors
    Gneeveguilla, Rathmore. (P10)
    +353 (0)64 775 8720
    Mobile: +353 (0)87 949 7246

Hello Boarders. I imagine most sensible people have left town this weekend to avoid the awful noise that comes to town this time every year. LOL.

Their not a bad crowd tho, are they?

• Advertisement

The crowd following the historics rally this weekend would be genuine rally fans and you'd hardly know they're around. Completely different to the clowns that follow the May rally.

Actually, to be fair - noise quietened down in the early afternoon.

Thats what l thought!

Although to be perfectly honest I'm not a fan of motor racing. There was a time when it only took place on private circuits away from residential thoroughfares - places such as Silverstone and Goodwood, etc., but bringing them to a pristine environment such as Killarney seems like a denigration of the area. I really cannot see the point of having them here, as I don't believe that they bring the same benefits as do the tourism industry. It also encourages some people to drive recklessly. A neighbours family pet was run over and died very painfully some months ago in a 50 zone( not by a rally driver, I must be clear ) and I think that promoting, fast dangerous driving encourages other impressionable people to not respect speed limits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Although to be perfectly honest I'm not a fan of motor racing. There was a time when it only took place on private circuits away from residential thoroughfares - places such as Silverstone and Goodwood, etc., but bringing them to a pristine environment such as Killarney seems like a denigration of the area. I really cannot see the point of having them here, as I don't believe that they bring the same benefits as do the tourism industry. It also encourages some people to drive recklessly. A neighbours family pet was run over and died very painfully some months ago in a 50 zone( not by a rally driver, I must be clear ) and I think that promoting, fast dangerous driving encourages other impressionable people to not respect speed limits.

Most speed limits are a joke and people are right not to obey them, it is entirely a revenue raising exercise and if we had proper planning then towns and villages wouldn't sprawl out forever across the landscape with miles of 50 and 60km/h zones. As for the neighbours pet been killed then I guess that will teach them to keep their dog in their property and off the main road. If it was a Cat then they should never be left out due to the huge damage they do to native wildlife.

Doltanian wrote: »
    Most speed limits are a joke and people are right not to obey them, it is entirely a revenue raising exercise and if we had proper planning then towns and villages wouldn't sprawl out forever across the landscape with miles of 50 and 60km/h zones. As for the neighbours pet been killed then I guess that will teach them to keep their dog in their property and off the main road. If it was a Cat then they should never be left out due to the huge damage they do to native wildlife.
    Killarney is a very busy town and traffic navigating between the five national roads near the town (N22 to Cork, N22 to Tralee, N71 to Kenmare, N72 to Mallow, N72 to Killorglin) has to navigate a 50km/h or 60km/h limit (in the case of N22 Cork to N72 Mallow, which would go via Glenflesk anyway).

Taking motorised traffic out of the town where possible would be a good start.

That post is not kind. It coul, God forbid, have been a child. It is a neighourhood where people ride their bikes and it also has families with small children. We have laws for a reason. Lawlessness is not good for a decent society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

That post is not kind. It coul, God forbid, have been a child. It is a neighourhood where people ride their bikes and it also has families with small children. We have laws for a reason. Lawlessness is not good for a decent society.

We have plenty corrupt lawmakers and corrput Gardai doing what they like, and the fact remains is all these suburban areas should not have main roads going through them, they should all be bypassed and there is no planning in this country. Plank in a stupid roundabout and 60km/h speed limit is the solution to everything. Only irresponsbile parents would let a toddler out into a road and I'd have far more sympathy for the poor driver who'd accidentally run over a kid, and would carry the guilt of it for the rest of his days when he might have being obeying every rule in the book. You can't legislate for stupid end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

There has been rallies of some form or another taking place in Kerry since 1903 long before circuit racing became established.
    The historic anyway doesn't atract the rougher crowd that the international rally brings.

• Advertisement

We have plenty corrupt lawmakers and corrput Only irresponsbile parents would let a toddler out into a road and I'd have far more sympathy for the poor driver who'd accidentally run over a kid, and would carry the guilt of it for the rest of his days when he might have being obeying every rule in the book. You can't legislate for stupid end of it.

Is that your advice to the parents of young Dane Loakman who was run over and killed in Sallins on Monday, while his mother looked on at the front door? God help you.

Advertisement