Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Is that your advice to the parents of young Dane Loakman who was run over and killed in Sallins on Monday, while his mother looked on at the front door? God help you.

Don't feed the troll

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Where would have I've music on a Saturday around 5 or 6pm?

Seen it in Reidys a couple times but quality and interaction has been poor.

Any others?

Where would have I've music on a Saturday around 5 or 6pm?

Seen it in Reidys a couple times but quality and interaction has been poor.

Any others?

Failte definitely. Porter house, Murphys, Teddy O Connors, The 98. Maybes. The grand usually have an early evening trad session about that time. Not sure if it's summer only tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Think he grand is more around 7.30

Will try the failte. M8ght be ideal thanks.

Where is the 98?!

Think he grand is more around 7.30

Will try the failte. M8ght be ideal thanks.

Where is the 98?!

Directly across from teddy o Connors. May have changed name by now. Been years since I was in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

dobman88 wrote: »
    Directly across from teddy o Connors. May have changed name by now. Been years since I was in it

It has new owners and is now called Mac's.
    I think the music starts at 9 or so. It's a very small venue downstairs, but there is a larger area upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Whats the craic with this Social 15 place? Is it Mustangs done up or what?

madcabbage wrote: »
    Whats the craic with this Social 15 place? Is it Mustangs done up or what?

Yes and now owned by Pat Sheehan who owns the porter house, Reidys, McSorleys, the off licence on new street, the petrol station on muck Ross road. Building quite the portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Yes and now owned by Pat Sheehan who owns the porter house, Reidys, McSorleys, the off licence on new street, the petrol station on muck Ross road. Building quite the portfolio

Not to mention. Inn between Beaufort. Drivers in firies. An droicead beag in dingle. The square pint in kenmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I thought the Innbetween in Beaufort was owned by Crowley of Killorglin

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »

I'm not sure who it's owned by but I don't think it's owned by Pat Sheehan

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

goat2 wrote: »

Owned by Pat Sheehan, Leased by Tom Crowley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

That Reidy's place seems to be flying! In fairness to Pat Sheehan (and family) they know what they are at. Will be interesting to see what this new Mustangs place is like. Look nice inside.

Actually, can anyone recommend a good restaurant in Killarney? Any nice new place? Must have vegetarian options..although most place do.

Every time I go out to eat at home I'm disappointed. I'm spoiled in Cork with all the great restaurants. Not many good choices in Killarney.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Actually, can anyone recommend a good restaurant in Killarney? Any nice new place? Must have vegetarian options..although most place do.

Every time I go out to eat at home I'm disappointed. I'm spoiled in Cork with all the great restaurants. Not many good choices in Killarney.

Lol. Killarney has some of the best choice you're likely to find anywhere in Ireland.

And to answer your question Khao on high Street is fantastic. And some of the friendliest people working there I've ever met in a restaurant

Lol. Killarney has some of the best choice you're likely to find anywhere in Ireland.
    Really? Can't say I've noticed that. As I said there are some great restaurants in Cork and a huge amount of choice so maybe I'm spoiled. There are a number of restaurants in Killarney but most of them are not very exciting. My Mother is a chef in Killarney and feels the same way!
    And to answer your question Khao on high Street is fantastic. And some of the friendliest people working there I've ever met in a restaurant
    Yes Khao is nice alright. Got a takeaway from there last weekend. Only place I could really think of though. I would like to try that Mexican place, heard it's supposed to be nice.

I didn't mention the Mexican as not everyone is a fan. Personally it's my go to place any time I'm home. A must visit. The Welsh lady that owns it and works there is also extremely friendly and I'm yet to have a bad meal there. It is slightly expensive imo but I don't go often so don't worry about it

I didn't mention the Mexican as not everyone is a fan. Personally it's my go to place any time I'm home. A must visit. The Welsh lady that owns it and works there is also extremely friendly and I'm yet to have a bad meal there. It is slightly expensive imo but I don't go often so don't worry about it

Is it the same people that had the Japanese place in the Innisfallen mall a few years ago? Might try it next weekend. A few people have said to me it's good but never got round to going there. Yes I remember looking at the menu before and thinking it was pricey enough. Worth it if it's good though!

Is it the same people that had the Japanese place in the Innisfallen mall a few years ago? Might try it next weekend. A few people have said to me it's good but never got round to going there. Yes I remember looking at the menu before and thinking it was pricey enough. Worth it if it's good though!

I never even knew there was a Japanese place lol. There's a Thai place in the Inisfallen that's been there for years at this point.

Yeah pricey enough in fairness but worth it imo

• Advertisement

I never even knew there was a Japanese place lol. There's a Thai place in the Inisfallen that's been there for years at this point.

Yeah pricey enough in fairness but worth it imo

Yeah it was only there for a short period of time. The same place where Jungles Bells was.

I ate at the Flesk a few times and thought it was very good. I brought some American friends there and they were very impressed. On the vegetarian/vegan front there really isn't any great shakes in that area in restaurants here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Yup, it's Eve and John that own it, same couple that had the Japanese place. When I spoke to John at the time he told me that they changed because Japanese was a bit of a hard sell in Killarney at the time, and both cooking styles are surprisingly similar being based on intricate sauces. It's been a few years since I ate out in Killarney, but the food there was always great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Hello all,

I'm from Limerick but will be in Killarney over the weekend and the plan on Saturday is to meet a friend for lunch. However my friend is from Cork so neither of us have much local knowledge when it comes to eating there, so I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere nice, not too fancy and not too keen on seafood.

Thanks all :)

Hello all,

I'm from Limerick but will be in Killarney over the weekend and the plan on Saturday is to meet a friend for lunch. However my friend is from Cork so neither of us have much local knowledge when it comes to eating there, so I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere nice, not too fancy and not too keen on seafood.

Macs on main street is a nice handy spot for lunch. Lot of space and you won't be rushed out of there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Macs on main street is a nice handy spot for lunch. Lot of space and you won't be rushed out of there

That was quick! Thank you :)

That was quick! Thank you :)

I'm lying in bed messing on my phone, I follow this thread so got the notification :pac:

Enjoy

Hi Guys. Do ye think that the parking wardens at the train station etc. will be working on Christmas Eve ( Sunday), and Christmas Day ( probably not, I imagine)?
    I'm going away on Sunday morning and coming back on Christmas night. Don't want to pay if I don't have to, but will of course if I must.

Hi Guys. Do ye think that the parking wardens at the train station etc. will be working on Christmas Eve ( Sunday), and Christmas Day ( probably not, I imagine)?
    I'm going away on Sunday morning and coming back on Christmas night. Don't want to pay if I don't have to, but will of course if I must.

Christmas eve I would say so (they used to when I worked in the hotel anyway) Christmas day, I think not.

• Advertisement

Hello all,

Where did you end up for lunch?

I was in Killarney myself this weekend, great vibe around town I thought. Nice crowd out on Saturday night and everyone in good form

Advertisement