Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Hi Guys. Do ye think that the parking wardens at the train station etc. will be working on Christmas Eve ( Sunday), and Christmas Day ( probably not, I imagine)?
    I'm going away on Sunday morning and coming back on Christmas night. Don't want to pay if I don't have to, but will of course if I must.
    It's like a €120 fine so i would pay it just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Christmas night.... anyone getting up and down internet from Eir??? Am dropping connection fir past hour and not sure if it's me or is it Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Would any barbers be open in town today does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Degag wrote: »
    It's like a €120 fine so i would pay it just in case.

I did it on park by text. Much cheaper than 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Heading down for the inec panto today, how's the weather? Are any events being cancelled?

• Advertisement

Heading down for the inec panto today, how's the weather? Are any events being cancelled?

Weather is fine now. Mild with very little wind. The forecast earlier today was for strong winds later tonight in Munster. No evidence of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Hi All

How do you top up the 'Black Bin Collections ' on line???

I have a Kerry Co Co card that I have been topping up in Healy's Shop for past few years but would rather use an online system

Who runs the Black Bins (and Green with Orange Lid for recyclables) in town??

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Hi All

How do you top up the 'Black Bin Collections ' on line???

I have a Kerry Co Co card that I have been topping up in Healy's Shop for past few years but would rather use an online system

Who runs the Black Bins (and Green with Orange Lid for recyclables) in town??

Thanks

Killarney Waste Disposal (KWD)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gill_Murph

Hi, does anyone know of a 2 bedroom house or apparentment to rent in Killarney. Daft doesn't really seem to have too many options. Would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

The advertiser usually have a few ads for renting...hoping to move into killarney or near enough but rent seems to be 100 euro plus a week. Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Anyone know of short term storage units in Killarney area? Small unit only is needed for a small amount of furniture. Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Youredeadright

Can anyone recommend a good spot to rent for around 150 people for a party in Killarney town? Myself and the (soon to be) missus are having a small enough wedding, just family, but wanted to throw on a tab for cousins and friends afterwards in Killarney. I'm not sure that we'd have 150 people come through but was looking for something around that number just in case.

I've dropped in to a few hotels but they mostly have the big ballroom set up for a wedding that we'd probably get lost in - plus they seemed understandably reluctant to take a booking when it isn't for the whole wedding day. A private bar would be perfect but a few like the one at Plaza and that would only fit 60-80.

Any ideas of a private bar that could take 150 or I am I better off pushing for a hotel ballroom with partitions put up to reduce the size of the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

The plaza, K-Town upstairs, McSorleys, Scotts, Bit further out of town, the golden nugget, the valley suites, the killarney court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

There’s a smaller function room in the Muckross Park which is nice, the one above the Jarveys Rest. Would defo suit the number of people you’ve mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Have you tried the East Avenue Hotel, they used to have a room for smaller function with private bar..
    Also the Dromhall hotel just a 5 minutes walk to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Youredeadright

Ye've given me a few to chase up now that I wouldn't have thought of, thanks a million for that. I'll report back once we've got one locked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Is Mac's restaurant in Main St gone? No sign of life there with a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Doubt it. Think they only open thursday to sunday..than 7 days a week for the summer.

Too early in the season for restaurants to run everyday. March onwards seem to be the case for a lot of business’s

Radio5 wrote: »
    Is Mac's restaurant in Main St gone? No sign of life there with a while.

Nah. Open evenings and weekends until Paddy's day at least

• Advertisement

Hi guys, has anyone been downtown today? Are any of the shops open, particularly Chemists?

Bars and hotels open from what I could see. Most normal shops seemed to be closed, tomorrow 12pm seems to be when alot are re-opening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Howdy, I'm from over the road and mainly on that other thread. Wondering what conditions in Killarney like today? We were to head over for the night as we've the kids offload. Could do with a good feed a few pints..

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Howdy, I'm from over the road and mainly on that other thread. Wondering what conditions in Killarney like today? We were to head over for the night as we've the kids offload. Could do with a good feed a few pints..

According to the Windows weather app the temperature won't go above 3 and there is some precipitation showing for this afternoon. The temp is expected to go down to 2 at around 9pm and it will be freezing at 12.30 tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

According to the Windows weather app the temperature won't go above 3 and there is some precipitation showing for this afternoon. The temp is expected to go down to 2 at around 9pm and it will be freezing at 12.30 tonight.

Just means we'll have to stay in Killarney tonight so!

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Just means we'll have to stay in Killarney tonight so!

Sounds like a good plan. It's actually starting to snow just this minute. Light dusting.

The snow appears to have stopped falling now. It was just a short shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Hi folks,quick question,im gonna be in killarney the night of wed 4th of April,is there any good spot in town to watch the liverpool/ man city champions league game,and what's the story with the nightlife on a Wed night will everywhere be closed early,thanks

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Hi folks,quick question,im gonna be in killarney the night of wed 4th of April,is there any good spot in town to watch the liverpool/ man city champions league game,and what's the story with the nightlife on a Wed night will everywhere be closed early,thanks

Everywhere will have the game on. Usually a few in Scotts to watch games. 2 late bars in town, McSorleys open until 2ish and the grand has a nightclub open until 2.30ish.

I always go to the Laune to watch games cos the lads there don't support any particular team, they always turn the sound up and they have a big TV down the back it's like watching a game at home. Lad with long hair and a slight Louth accent is Paudie, tell him you're in to watch the game he'll look after you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

K town bar has about 10 tv screens all showing the game too. Good place to get a good view

Advertisement