Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Radio5

Fair Field car park eerily quiet at 2pm today. Really brought home to me just how many businesses have closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Are there any takeaways still open in Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

rosie16 wrote: »

I sincerely hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

I dont see why not once people are patient and wait outside when they order. Could try ringing in an order for collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

The small Tesco in town are looking for staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Gardai in the park very early this morning - 7.30- checking people on the 2km ban.

I imagine ( and hope) they will be there later in the day when it will more likely be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Proper order. Seen the Gardai having words with a gang of fellas earlier, they werent long getting their butts home! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Fires in the park yesterday. Causing potential danger to our Fire Service workers, and animals who live there. Obviously not everyone is compliant with the restrictions in place. Those fires don't start on their own. Heavy penalties - jail even - should be applied to those vandals who do such harm to our national natural heritage areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

A fair few are. Denjoes was collection only last time I looked (You had to phone in and order), I saw the dominoes pizza guy delivering yesterday, and as far as I know, the Chinese out the park road is also still operating (That's always a collection only place).

All these places seem to be taking stringent measures, enforcing strict distancing if they even allow people into the building, and generally the inside is all plexiglassed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Thirteen-virus-clusters-in-CorkKerry-region-Hotel-and-pub-at-centre-of-two-outbreaks-bbdbf015-b6b2-4087-b048-d409f28db933-ds

Thirteen clusters of Covid-19 have been reported in the HSE South region, including one in a hotel and another in a pub.

The latest figures, published by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC), show that 103 clusters were identified around the country which included 379 cases.

In the HSE South, which includes Cork and Kerry, three clusters were identified which were travel-related, two were workplace-related, two related to hospitals, and a further two related to private houses.

One cluster was related to ‘extended family’, while details were not specified for one cluster in the region.

One cluster was reported relating to a hotel, while another related to a pub.

These are the only reported clusters in the country relating to hotels or pubs.

There were no clusters reported in the nursing homes category in the region.

Meanwhile, the figures also show 76 cases of Covid-19 were reported in healthcare workers in the HSE South region.

Of these, 14 people had foreign travel, 32 people did not and this was not specified for 30 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Why is Liebheer still opened at present? I don't think making cranes qualifies for an 'essential service' ?

Unless they are building cranes for construction of hospitals?

Bizarre, maybe someone can explain it?

I read on Killarney Today they did close last Friday, but change of plans they opened again this week... A good few employees have come forward to complain.

LilacNails wrote: »
    I read on Killarney Today they did close last Friday, but change of plans they opened again this week... A good few employees have come forward to complain.

Looks like they are making up their own rules from what some people are saying. Total disregard of government rules and peoples health and safety if thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

LilacNails wrote: »

Surprising staff complaining... gonna be a big drop in monies when the6 only getting €350 a week compared to their current generous terms.

I cant get key head Around the amount of people who are working at the moment a nd would prefer to see their workplace close!!!! I can’t afford to drop €300-€400 a week in my family circumstances.

Some day killarne6 will wake up and Liebherr will be gone.... am surprised they hung 8n so Lang with all the **** that the6 have to go thru with staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Surprising staff complaining... .

Not staff - just the usual small number of union shop stewards.

Looks like they are making up their own rules from what some people are saying. Total disregard of government rules and peoples health and safety if thats the case.

That can be the attitude in a lot of privately owned businesses unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭cms88

Surprising staff complaining... gonna be a big drop in monies when the6 only getting €350 a week compared to their current generous terms.

I cant get key head Around the amount of people who are working at the moment a nd would prefer to see their workplace close!!!! I can’t afford to drop €300-€400 a week in my family circumstances.

Some day killarne6 will wake up and Liebherr will be gone.... am surprised they hung 8n so Lang with all the **** that the6 have to go thru with staff.

A lot of them seem to think it's a holiday being off and think that €350 is coming from nowhere!

Surprised myself Liebherr haven't left. There's nothing but hassile from some staff in there

cms88 wrote: »
    A lot of them seem to think it's a holiday being off and think that €350 is coming from nowhere!

Surprised myself Liebherr haven't left. There's nothing but hassile from some staff in there

The government stated only essential services are to remain open. How did Liebherr bend the rules to remain open? And if they dont care about the health risk of covid 19 to their workers then they are better off out of Kerry with their selfish attitude. We wont miss them on that basis.

The government stated only essential services are to remain open. How did Liebherr bend the rules to remain open? And if they dont care about the health risk of covid 19 to their workers then they are better off out of Kerry with their selfish attitude. We wont miss them on that basis.

But we won't when there's countless jobs losts. Because it's much more than the factory they have within Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

The Liebherr group has closed their 3 hotels in Kerry as a result of Covid19.

YOU might not miss them when they go.... but the 600 queuing up at the Dole office will. Not to mention the cash the spend around town that will be missed and the knock on on jobs that will have.

Sure - we'll all just go to work in a Tralee factory instead. . Ooohhhh - forgot they got no industry either.

• Advertisement

But we won't when there's countless jobs losts. Because it's much more than the factory they have within Kerry

Are you spokes person for Liebheer? Every other business non essential had to stay closed and had to let go staff. Its the greed of the company that is clearly apparent. Obviously greed is still live and well in the country.

The Liebherr group has closed their 3 hotels in Kerry as a result of Covid19.

YOU might not miss them when they go.... but the 600 queuing up at the Dole office will. Not to mention the cash the spend around town that will be missed and the knock on on jobs that will have.

Sure - we'll all just go to work in a Tralee factory instead. . Ooohhhh - forgot they got no industry either.

You are missing the point. Liebherr isn't the only job supplier company in Ireland.

Answer the question why are they still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Why is Liebheer still opened at present? I don't think making cranes qualifies for an 'essential service' ?

Unless they are building cranes for construction of hospitals?

Bizarre, maybe someone can explain it?

Speakerboxx

Maybee they are making cranes for Constructions of Hospitals

I am sure other parts of world still pressing Liebherr for Cranes

Answer the question why are they still open?

How am i suppposed to know. Ring them ask if you're that worried about it

You are missing the point. Liebherr isn't the only job supplier company in Ireland.

What in the name of god are you on about? Who's saying Liebherr are the only company supplying jobs in Ireland?

How am i suppposed to know. Ring them ask if you're that worried about it

So you think it's OK for them to be opened in the middle of this crisis? You think that is ok and to hell with people's health and safety? Are they essential?

afro man wrote: »
    Speakerboxx

Maybee they are making cranes for Constructions of Hospitals

I am sure other parts of world still pressing Liebherr for Cranes

I was thinking that could possibly be the only reason.

What in the name of god are you on about? Who's saying Liebherr are the only company supplying jobs in Ireland?

You reckon for them to be opened is more important than people's health. We were all told to stay at home unless your job is listed as an essential service by the government.

• Advertisement

So you think it's OK for them to be opened in the middle of this crisis? You think that is ok and to hell with people's health and safety? Are they essential?

What are you talking about? Where did i say that? Were you fired from them or something? You clearly have an issue with them?

Advertisement