Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭cms88

I was thinking that could possibly be the only reason.

So what are you ranting about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

cms88 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Where did i say that? Were you fired from them or something? You clearly have an issue with them?

I have an issue with them working when they shouldnt be for the greater good of people and government orders. I live in killarney and know what the word locally is being said. People are not happy.

So what are you ranting about then?

Because its not confirmed just speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

They've stayed open cause theres a standing order for a crane involved in the transport chain, so i would imagine that would class it as essential. Whether they stay open after next week is yet to be seen.

madcabbage wrote: »
    They've stayed open cause theres a standing order for a crane involved in the transport chain, so i would imagine that would class it as essential. Whether they stay open after next week is yet to be seen.

Fair point but i think they will find something else as an excuse to keep it open. IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Does anyone know if there's any window fixing business open? Or who even fixes windows? A bedroom window blew off.

So Liebherr, the worst company of all time, have now closed up and are playing staff 50% of their wages. Really they are terrable aren't they....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

rosie16 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's any window fixing business open? Or who even fixes windows? A bedroom window blew off.

I have a number of a man from Tralee who can fix windows, not sure if they can travel to Killarney, but if you are stuck PM me and I'll give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I have a number of a man from Tralee who can fix windows, not sure if they can travel to Killarney, but if you are stuck PM me and I'll give it to you.

Thanks, I'll ring around tomorrow and see what can be done.

So Liebherr, the worst company of all time, have now closed up and are playing staff 50% of their wages. Really they are terrable aren't they....

They have no business opened unless they are an essential service

• Advertisement

They are still open today. Explain how they are still open Liebherrs southern correspondent?

They are still open today. Explain how they are still open Liebherrs southern correspondent?

Again if you're so worried why don't you ask them yourself? Mr champions of the people

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

HOLY GAWD......ring 064 6670200 and ask them.

Can we get a separate Liebherr thread going if this is gonna go on for next 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Sikpupi wrote: »

Can we get a separate Liebherr thread going if this is gonna go on for next 12 weeks.

Now that you mention it.....

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057108085/22

Ah lads come on seriously. Is it not a concern? Profit before peoples lives? If you agree with that then you are nothing but a shame and couldn't care about peoples welfare.

I wouldn't get an honest answer ringing that number.

If its annoying you stay clear of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ah lads come on seriously. Is it not a concern? Profit before peoples lives? If you agree with that then you are nothing but a shame and couldn't care about peoples welfare.

Tbh, I've no connection to the factory and have no idea of the goings on. The thread I linked to above used to have some Liebherr employees posting there so maybe any questions you have would be answered there. I dont know why they're still operating, or even if they actually are, but I'd assume a plant that big cant just be shut down so would need some staff in.

All that said, I really have no idea and maybe asking on the other thread might get a better response

They've winded down operations from last friday, only a handful of people are working on site, rest from home.

madcabbage wrote: »
    They've winded down operations from last friday, only a handful of people are working on site, rest from home.

There is still a carpark full of cars in front of the building just saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Answer the question why are they still open?
    There is still a carpark full of cars in front of the building just saying.

Would you consider calling them or dropping into them when you're passing by and asking what their official comment is? Might give them an opportunity to defend their actions or explain the situation as I doubt they're actively monitoring this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Liebherr will be closing up this Friday.

Same As wrote: »
    Would you consider calling them or dropping into them when you're passing by and asking what their official comment is? Might give them an opportunity to defend their actions or explain the situation as I doubt they're actively monitoring this thread.

No i won't. But i am worried about all the new covid 19 cases in Kerry. It be in their best interest to shut down until this virus is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I heard Killarney lost a restaurateur due to covid today. I don't know if its public knowledge yet so I wont name them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

I heard Killarney lost a restaurateur due to covid today. I don't know if its public knowledge yet so I wont name them.

Also heard this last night. May he rest in peace and condolences to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

I had dealt with Seamus on a regular basis in the old job with his bar in Kinsale, lovely fella. Shocked to hear this today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Does anyone know where I can get some compost these days? Is it for sale anywhere that I'm not thinking of?

Advertisement