Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

to get it in 4Homes, the buy 4 & get one free deal, but now they've closed I don't know where to get a good deal.

My hubby bought this 4 + 1 free in their Limerick store sometime last year, just before x-mas he bought 5 bags, same size, of the same type coal for less than €100-00 in a local (Tralee) coal merchant.

This worked out to be around €28-00 cheaper than the 4Home deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

Where is the best place to buy coal. I used to get it in 4Homes, the buy 4 & get one free deal, but now they've closed I don't know where to get a good deal.
    TRY donie o donoghue from rathmore he delivers and is good on price when he gets to know you.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

TRY donie o donoghue from rathmore he delivers and is good on price when he gets to know you.

Thanks, can I say you recommended him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Wheres good to go out in killarney at the mo?

Theres a few of us coming down next week and will be heading out tues and thurs night i think.

I was there last year and we went to The Grand i think and another pub/disco, cant remember name. We are all mid/twenties.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

andreac wrote: »
    I was there last year and we went to The Grand i think and another pub/disco, cant remember name. We are all mid/twenties.

Mc Sorleys or Mustang Sallys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

was in killarney last saturday night, first time in about a year, Scotts is excellent, live band outside the crowd there was crazy! Down to the Lane Bar at the Ross for some expensive but tasty cocktails, and then to Scruffys to end the night.
    great night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

I'm heading 2 see the Script in Killarney in September and hopefully i will be heading on the tear afterwards can any1 recommed the best club and pubs

jrochie wrote: »
    was in killarney last saturday night, first time in about a year, Scotts is excellent, live band outside the crowd there was crazy! Down to the Lane Bar at the Ross for some expensive but tasty cocktails, and then to Scruffys to end the night.
    great night!

Oh yeah thats right, we were there last year too, great spot, must go back there again, thanks for reminding me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 celtic_muffin

Wheres good to go out in killarney at the mo?

Theres a few of us coming down next week and will be heading out tues and thurs night i think.

I was out last night and Mustangs was closed! :(
    So really, the places to go to on a Thursday are (as mentioned): Mc Sorleys, Scotts (if the weather is good) and then the Grand. Try to get passes though as there is no need to pay a 5 Euro to get into the Grand :p

Thanks, our main night will be tues night, hopefully will be back out thurs too. Where would i get a pass for the Grand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

if you go to the grand early you dont have to pay. they will stamp your hand and once you dont wash that off you wont have to pay later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 celtic_muffin

Well, usually local businesses around have them! I might see you on Thursday so, coz I might be put with my sister if I can get it off work :)
    I heard that it's free earlier but I have never been there early enough tomake use of it :p What time do they start charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Was in Killarney at the w/end, nice to see the town busy , it was buzzing !

Seems to be a shortage of ATM's in the town centre . I used to use the one in Market cross but that's now a Northern bank , wasn't sure if my BOI card would work in there because it didn't have it on it. Didn't risk it so sat in the massive queue at the AIB.

There used to be a BOI one at market cross didn't there ? or was I dreaming this ?

Anyway , the town was looking great , it's a shame they never perservered with making the road between the Plaza and the AIB pedestrian . That worked really well I thought .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Davidth88 wrote: »

Seems to be a shortage of ATM's in the town centre . I used to use the one in Market cross but that's now a Northern bank , wasn't sure if my BOI card would work in there because it didn't have it on it. Didn't risk it so sat in the massive queue at the AIB.

There used to be a BOI one at market cross didn't there ? or was I dreaming this ?

Anyway , the town was looking great , it's a shame they never perservered with making the road between the Plaza and the AIB pedestrian . That worked really well I thought .

Nahhh, there used to be an ulster bank there.

It was not that road that they wanted to pedestrianise, it was plunket street (Going from the grand up towords scruffys), they do seal off a bit of high street every year for the markets though.

Typically it causes havoc for traffic and local businesses trying to get deliverys though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Davidth88 wrote: »

I think it absolutely fantastic at the atmosphere around Killarney these last two months in particular. Everyone coming into the town is just in good form and their is certainly no extra trouble either with the extra numbers in town.

As OEB said their was talks and is talks every year about pedestrianising Plunkett Street, but I really don't forsee that happening anytime in the near future.

Being honest I think their are enough ATM machines in the town-centre, well enough once you know where to find them ... one at the corner of Main & Plunkett; one at the MarketCross; another AIB banklink at back of tesco on beech road with three more then on NewStreet at the three banks.

Thanks though for the positive feedback. It isn't received as often as it should be at this time of the year.

There seems to be a fair few of us popping in here these days, any of the rest of you fancy a minnie little beers? A few of us can catch up for a few scoops and get to know some local boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ I'm in! (I've a feeling I'll be the only girl there)

Where would i get a pass for the Grand?

Courtneys/Squires/Laurels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Being honest I think their are enough ATM machines in the town-centre, well enough once you know where to find them ... one at the corner of Main & Plunkett; one at the MarketCross; another AIB banklink at back of tesco on beech road with three more then on NewStreet at the three banks.

Thanks , I forgot about the one behind Quinnsworth/Tescos. I was walking in from Woodlawn so I was on that ' side of town ' so to speak. It's just there was a massive queue at the AIB .

The only other feedback Ill give , not so positive , is one I have mentioned before . The smell of the horses around the Cinema/East Ave is horrible . I know the Jarveys have a court action pending, is the local authority planning to make them wear ' nappies ' too ? ( as well as the National Park ).

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

oeb wrote: »
    Nahhh, there used to be an ulster bank there.

No it is National Irish Bank next to the Laurels

Town Centre ATM

AIB Bank Main St
    B of I New St
    National Irish Main St
    TSB New St.
    Ulster Bank New St
    Banklink Beech Rd
    Dunnes next to Customer Service
    There was one in the Outlet Centre but dont know if it is still there
    AIB Park Rd opposite Super Value

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Lia_lia wrote: »
    ^ I'm in! (I've a feeling I'll be the only girl there)

Sounds good ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

Ah count me in but i am restricted to sunday and monday working nights for the rest of the week :(

Oh yeah I work till 11pm Monday-Thursday and till between 11pm and 2am Friday Saturday and Sunday nights :(

And Fridays are no good for me =P (I have my son Fridays).

So what about if we say 10ish on Monday? That way johnnyc can make it, and Lia_lia will be free shortly after? (If you don't mind coming in straight after work). Does this night suit?

So far the interested are:
    Lia_lia
    johnnyc
    Kerry4Sam
    oeb.

ciarraibhoy are you in too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Damn, I'd probably have come if it was on the weekend :)

Yeah grand. More people come! Where will we go? (cough, courtneys..)..
    Would be pretty funny if it turned out that I know the lot of ye!
    And my name's Aoife. Lia_lia sounds ridiculous, no idea why I chose that name.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Yeah grand. More people come! Where will we go? (cough, courtneys..)..
    Would be pretty funny if it turned out that I know the lot of ye!
    And my name's Aoife. Lia_lia sounds ridiculous, no idea why I chose that name.

Courtneys is grand with me. Would not be surprised if I knew the lot of ye, Killarney is a small enough town (And I used to work doors).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I might be off next week. I'll drop in if so

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

courtneys nice one what time

johnnyc wrote: »
    courtneys nice one what time

Shall we say 10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

oeb wrote: »
    And Fridays are no good for me =P (I have my son Fridays).

So what about if we say 10ish on Monday? That way johnnyc can make it, and Lia_lia will be free shortly after? (If you don't mind coming in straight after work). Does this night suit?

So far the interested are:
    Lia_lia
    johnnyc
    Kerry4Sam
    oeb.

ciarraibhoy are you in too?

Monday nights are normally really good nights to head out in Killarney but this Monday coming will have me in Tralee for the Saw Doctors so I won't be able to make this session I'm afraid :pac:

Advertisement