Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

MD O Sheas if they're still open? Think Aldi had garden items including the compost there with the last two weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

madcabbage wrote: »
    MD O Sheas if they're still open? Think Aldi had garden items including the compost there with the last two weeks or so.

Mackies is closed to the public. Emergency call out and deliveries only.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Anywhere I can get outdoor fence/ wood paint Killarney ..... nothing specialized that I would need mixing. Something like cupernol or fencelife.

Got another 3 weeks on my hands and could do with something to keep my mind ticking over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Anywhere I can get outdoor fence/ wood paint Killarney ..... nothing specialized that I would need mixing. Something like cupernol or fencelife.

Got another 3 weeks on my hands and could do with something to keep my mind ticking over.

Lidl had some fence paint today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Boredom has led me to count my change jar. Around 120 euro.

What are my options? Money counter in dalys supervalu is out of order due to covid.

Anyone else have suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

What are my options? Money counter in dalys supervalu is out of order due to covid.

Take it to the bank and bag it up they will take it off you.

Those change machines take about 10% off you and since you've already counted it, theres no need to lose that much.

Thanks. Ill try that. Cheers.

Banks open for that kind of service even these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

AIB in town should be still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

The bank but you would have to put into plastic pocket bags. They can weigh them as well.

Thanks. Ill try that. Cheers.

Banks open for that kind of service even these days?

Yes, banks are still open. They will give you the bags and you have to bag it up yourself. Used to do it a few times a year with all my tips when I worked in a hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Bank or friendly shop or post office.

Anywhere open selling some weights. Like 12kg-15kg style ones.

Tried tesco dealz dunnes and donedeal.

Anywhere open selling some weights. Like 12kg-15kg style ones.

Tried tesco dealz dunnes and donedeal.

Keep an eye out in Lidi and Aldi they have them the odd time. Guaranteed they'll be sold out in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Hi Chancer, try inthemarket.ie - anytime ive ordered off them its 24 hour deliveries.
    Who knows these days maybe send an email in advance

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Trying to find a cashier in most banks to to take in coin is pretty difficult i find. Alot of businesses would be happy to take the bagged coin off your hands as they have to pay for the service from the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Is the recycle bin area in parking lot at Beech Rd. open?

'Parking lot' :pac: jaysus

Yes, the recycle bin in the CAR PARK is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I think you mean the Quinnsworth carpark. ;)

dobman88 wrote: »
    'Parking lot' :pac: jaysus

Yes, the recycle bin in the CAR PARK is open.

I'm a huge fan of Joni Mitchell and the term must be ingrained in my brain from Big Yellow Taxi. "They paved Paradise and put up a parking lot".:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Is there anywhere i could buy a large amount of hand sanitiser? Trying to plan for re-opening

• Advertisement

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Is there anywhere i could buy a large amount of hand sanitiser? Trying to plan for re-opening

Happy to give local company a plug

https://skelligsix18distillery.ie/shop/

Skellig Gin in Caherciveen have moved their alcohol in sanitizers instead of gin!,,

So Michael Jordan was in Killarney once upon a time for a game of golf.... Anyone remember this? Where did he stay and what else did he go at?!

After watching the documentary I'm star struck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

LilacNails wrote: »
    So Michael Jordan was in Killarney once upon a time for a game of golf.... Anyone remember this? Where did he stay and what else did he go at?!

Pretty sure he stayed in the Aghadoe.

Played golf in Killarney, Tralee and Waterville iirc.

I'm not 100% but I have a definite recollection of hearing he went for dinner in Gaby's in town.

From what I recall there wasn't that any huge amount of hype about his visit.

I remember Kieran Donaghy saying in an interview a few years back that he mitched off school to follow him around Tralee golf course.

Fabulous documentary. An almost superhuman accomplishment by MJ. Must be the greatest basketball star of all time. In a league with Muhammad Ali.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Do any of you remember "The Gleneagle" basketball team, changed the face of basketball in Ireland.
    I think Andre and Toni were their names, walking around, music blaring, Sem Gym full on Saturday nights

The walking route out to Dinis cottage/Meeting of the waters, from inside The National Park. Apparently if u go out that way, by bike it is illegal to turn back that way again. (One way only?)You must go back by the main Muckross/Torch road.

Can anyone confirm or heard of this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

The walking route out to Dinis cottage/Meeting of the waters, from inside The National Park. Apparently if u go out that way, by bike it is illegal to turn back that way again. (One way only?)You must go back by the main Muckross/Torch road.

Can anyone confirm or heard of this before?

It's not illegal, but it is signposted that it is one-way only.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Getting there – It is possible to walk or cycle through the Muckross peninsula to Dinis. This is a one way route for bicyles as it is a narrow winding road with some dangerous bends and the return journey to Killarney is via the N71
    This one way system has been in operation for a number of years...

Hi all

Where in town can I get Patio Gas (for a Gas BBQ) cylinder in Killarney during the lockdown.... within 5kms of Town Centre. It’s the grey colored cylinder.... I have an empty to return.

Many thanks

• Advertisement

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Hi all

Where in town can I get Patio Gas (for a Gas BBQ) cylinder in Killarney during the lockdown.... within 5kms of Town Centre. It’s the grey colored cylinder.... I have an empty to return.

Many thanks

M.D. O'Shea's might have them.064-662 0200.

Advertisement