Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Folks, looking for a pub with good food where I can watch the Ireland game on Thursday

K-Town on Beech Rd. is a good spot also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

K-Town on Beech Rd. is a good spot also.

Yes, actually! And better than my suggestions. Not sure why I never think of K Town as I've been there a few times for matches, pints and food and all 3 are very good. Big screen also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Duff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place, but myself and my o/h have 2 nights booked in Killarney next week -arriving early Thursday until Saturday. She has never been to the kingdom before and I haven't in years. Just wondering what the main attractions we should try get to are? I was thinking of trying to fit in Muckross/Torc/Gap of Dunloe on the Thursday. Is this feasible or should I break it up between the Thursday and Friday? Any recommended restaurants-come-pubs to grab a bite to eat and a few drinks in?

Planning on heading to Dingle/Dunquin early on the Saturday. Open to any suggestions though.

Thanks.
    New viewing platform at the Blasket Ctr in Dunquin, great spot for a walk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

This might be a touchy one, but has there been an increase in vagrancy around the town in the last 6-9 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

Same As wrote: »
    This might be a touchy one, but has there been an increase in vagrancy around the town in the last 6-9 months?

Definitely more visible. Especially in College Square and at the bottom of Chapel lane (near Sheehan's Centra)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Salvadoor wrote: »
    Definitely more visible. Especially in College Square and at the bottom of Chapel lane (near Sheehan's Centra)

Personally cannot remember it ever being as visible as it is at the moment and I live in the town. Sad to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Hi Guys.... can anyone recommend a GOOD plumber.???

By 'Good' - I mean:
    1. Tidy in his work.
    2. Knows what he is doing
    3. Reviews the situation BEFORE starting job (NOT looking for water switch-off valve AFTER water is pouring out!)
    4. comes out at the time you arrange

As you can see.... I have had some bad experiences with 'a friend of a friend' so am looking to try a new plumber.

I have a leaky toilet needing new parts installed which is beyond my DIY skills

Any recommendations???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Seems to be a big development on the spa road just past the ballyspillane roudabout coming up past dalys supervalu

Anyone know what's going on there?

Seems to be a big development on the spa road just past the ballyspillane roudabout coming up past dalys supervalu

Anyone know what's going on there?

New housing estate

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Anyone know if Sceal Elie is opening or what's the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Radio5

LilacNails wrote: »
    Anyone know if Sceal Elie is opening or what's the story?

Don't know what the story is. There was a sign up on the window a good while back saying they were making some changes and would be reopening. But nothing seems to be happening there now. The downstairs part was all self service but upstairs always had table service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

There would not be enough space for adequate social distancing to probably turn a profit would be my thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Hi Guys.... can anyone recommend a GOOD plumber.???

By 'Good' - I mean:
    1. Tidy in his work.
    2. Knows what he is doing
    3. Reviews the situation BEFORE starting job (NOT looking for water switch-off valve AFTER water is pouring out!)
    4. comes out at the time you arrange

As you can see.... I have had some bad experiences with 'a friend of a friend' so am looking to try a new plumber.

I have a leaky toilet needing new parts installed which is beyond my DIY skills

Any recommendations???

Christy Doona in Faha, superb at his trade

Looks like Jam is making a come back.... Saw a sign on the window saying reopening mid October! Fingers crossed it does.

Anyone seen any rutting action this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Been out in Muckross Park most days with the dog, they've been noisy enough but haven't seen anything yet. Front entrance to the Park is usually a good place to spot anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

With all the night clubs closed it’s pretty quite. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    With all the night clubs closed it’s pretty quite. :)

Brilliant! :)

madcabbage wrote: »
    Been out in Muckross Park most days with the dog, they've been noisy enough but haven't seen anything yet. Front entrance to the Park is usually a good place to spot anything though.

Is there a best time in the day/night to go there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Radio5

The house beside Daly's Supervalu was demolished in the past few days. They must be progressing with whatever expansion they got permission for. I hope it includes some better system of entrance and exit.

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »
    The house beside Daly's Supervalu was demolished in the past few days. They must be progressing with whatever expansion they got permission for. I hope it includes some better system of entrance and exit.

It's for a drive-thru, so it'll make things worse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ya they're looking to make where that house was a SuperMacs drivethru. Looking to expand the floorspace of the shop then.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Heard there are issues with the NRA and it will be a temporary car park until planning is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

newman10 wrote: »
    Heard there are issues with the NRA and it will be a temporary car park until planning is sorted

Heard there are issues with Covid 19 too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Is that confirmed? Supermacs drive thru

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads, have been using Tesco click and collect in Killarney, I live in Ballyvourney. Do you reckon they'll start turning me back??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

tinner777 wrote: »
    lads, have been using Tesco click and collect in Killarney, I live in Ballyvourney. Do you reckon they'll start turning me back??

Thanks

No, getting your shopping was always classed as essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭newaccount2017

Does anyone know if the recycling centre will be operating from tomorrow onwards? (Closed today). I have refuse bins but I have a massive amount of cardboard and old washing machine etc. to get rid of. I know for the last lockdown, they were only letting people in who had household waste to dump and only if they didn't have any refuse service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

was there on Friday, got rid of a cooker hood, all ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

mirrors on the ceiling :D .....pink champagne on ice.

Advertisement