Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It looks like I am going to have to bail on tonight. Sorry guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah, will we pick another night? I completely forgot about this till now. And I'd about 2 hours sleep last night an will be wrecked after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

ah forgot about it as well what about a sunday or monday night this coming week?>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

there is a course inspection this morning at the Racecourse to determine if tomorrows racing can go ahead. This is the rescheduled races from last thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

what about a few beers on sunday should be a good one if kerry win against meath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

dmeehan wrote: »
    there is a course inspection this morning at the Racecourse to determine if tomorrows racing can go ahead. This is the rescheduled races from last thursday

I think they could just forget about the races now again until next year. I really don't see the weather improving enough to hold that 1-day race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

well done to all involved in the new eagle sculptor in main street it is class i for one would like too see a bit more.

well done to all involved in the new eagle sculptor in main street it is class i for one would like too see a bit more.

Completely agree Frankenfurter. I haven't been through town in a while but saw it there a few days ago. It really does look the part in Main Street & I hope to see more of the sort around the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Hope no-one poisons it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Hope no-one poisons it.

If there was any bronze lambs around Jackie Healy-Ray would be up in arms.

• Advertisement

How's the form by people in Killarney these days? This thread has some fair quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

whats new in tesco apart from the fact that they've moved eveything to different shelves?

i've noticed quite a few items were cheaper, but have only popped in for a quick stop since they did the change

it is annoying the way the moved everything around, took me ages to find the cereals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I didn't even realise Tesco had changed.

Oh look, it's sunny outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

flanree wrote: »
    whats new in tesco apart from the fact that they've moved eveything to different shelves?

dont they do that as some sort of marketing plan.
    By moving everything people have to go look and tesco are hoping that by doing this you are seeing more of what they are offering and in turn buying more.

They would have us believe that they know the game is up on their currency profits, and they have adjusted (downwards) many prices, so that Irish customers should now be getting the same deal as their British counterparts.

Don't hold your breath about the fresh vegetables, though. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

i've noticed quite a few items were cheaper, but have only popped in for a quick stop since they did the change

it is annoying the way the moved everything around, took me ages to find the cereals

Did a small shop yesterday and some items were cheaper. About time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

If any of ye are into old cars maybe ye would like to keep an eye out for this..
    http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=2169.0

ThotosPhotosof3MA062.jpg

I would say that it's only a matter of days before the banners & buntings supporting our county team will be displayed around the town.

How's the colour in the area where you live on houses / cars etc. I have to say that I find people are very slow this year in displaying their county colours. Hope that changes soon though.

A few have started to appear round this way. I'm expecting more to appear along with the brilliant weather expected tomorrow and beyond. Who can be blamed for not putting up flags in a Force 9 with heavy rain to go with it ? :eek:

• Advertisement

A few have started to appear round this way. I'm expecting more to appear along with the brilliant weather expected tomorrow and beyond. Who can be blamed for not putting up flags in a Force 9 with heavy rain to go with it ? :eek:

The weather is not that bad this way which is what's surprising me. You also heard our Summer is starting tomorrow eh :D

I can do no better than direct you to M T Cranium, a genius on the Weather forum -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61986699&postcount=319

I can do no better than direct you to M T Cranium, a genius on the Weather forum -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61986699&postcount=319

:D cheers, an interesting read.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

We are all off to Rossbeigh/Inch for the weekend :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    :D cheers, an interesting read.

This wizard posts a daily weather forecast that some of the boys on the golf forum rely on above the Met.ie forecast. As he lives in Canada his report for Ireland always comes in about 5-6 in the morning, every morning.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    How's the colour in the area where you live on houses / cars etc.

This morning I counted 12 flags on our 4-mile journey.

I'll update this figure as the day of the match approaches.

And no, there is not much to occupy your mind around here.

my neighbours have both cork and kerry flags out in their garden
    hedging their bets i suppose

my neighbours have both cork and kerry flags out in their garden
    hedging their bets i suppose

One of my neighbours used to do this but herself got the better of him through the years and for the last 2years, no Cork colours allowed, only a big Kerry flag - madness I say! She is just delighted at the very thought that she has him converted :D

This morning I counted 12 flags on our 4-mile journey.

I'll update this figure as the day of the match approaches.

And no, there is not much to occupy your mind around here.

heehee you know that's actually more than the town of Killarney. With the weather changing nicely and now the good stretch in the evenings I hope they put up the buntings before the week-end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

has anybody gone on the killarney ghost tour, if so where does it go to apart from ross castle. is it worth it. hope to go on it some day. been meaning to go on it last time i was down ahvent heard of anybody i know from back home that went on it. kerry for sam up the kingdom

Advertisement