Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

I did the ghost tour bus this summer and enjoyed it. It was €20 for an adult and €10 for a child. Started at 8.30 and finished about 11.00pm. Not sure if I should say where the bus goes as half the fun is not knowing where you are going. We went to one place i never visited and I never knew was there even though I pass it about twice a day! The actual number of locations you visit is limited. The tour guides are knowledgeable and good orators. Think of it as a folk lore tour rather than a ghost tour and you will get more out of it... I think the operators intention is to build it up each year, depending on demand. It was a useful addition to Killarney - where else can you bring children at night apart from the cinema!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

villains77 wrote: »
    has anybody gone on the killarney ghost tour, if so where does it go to apart from ross castle. is it worth it. hope to go on it some day. been meaning to go on it last time i was down ahvent heard of anybody i know from back home that went on it. kerry for sam up the kingdom

no no no no no! seriously no! I would not recommend you put yourself through this at all!

I done this with a few mates but sweet devine what a waste of time. The guides afaik are arts degree students with an interest in theatrics. It is ideal for young teens but no-one older. I have nothing against anyone involved in this production but I won't be promoting this to anyone ... definite no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

kerry4sam wrote: »
    The guides afaik are arts degree students with an interest in theatrics. .

Are you sure - they guides on my Killarney tour were not young - they were mature men. There wasnt much theatrics involved the night we did it.

no no no no no! seriously no! I would not recommend you put yourself through this at all!

I done this with a few mates but sweet devine what a waste of time. The guides afaik are arts degree students with an interest in theatrics. It is ideal for young teens but no-one older. I have nothing against anyone involved in this production but I won't be promoting this to anyone ... definite no from me.
    Inexile wrote: »
    Are you sure - they guides on my Killarney tour were not young - they were mature men. There wasnt much theatrics involved the night we did it.

Yeah that was definitely what I thought of the production anyways. Their were two men there the night I went aswell. To be honest I found the experience something I could have done without. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is that I would not recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I've only heard good things about it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 spirit1

Sorry to here you didnt enjoy the trip.yes i am involved,we are well aware that any product will find it difficult to please everyone,and our aim with this trip was to provide stories and sites that would have broad appeal to young and old,Irish and international,while tales of banshees and faery lore will possibly be of no interest to young Irish men in their 20s it is an area that has great appeal to others.we have also included the history of the sites and people involved in the more famous hauntings in the killarney area to add factual value to the trip.as this is a brand new product we are not going to get every thing right straight away and we certainly cant produce real ghosts on demand, if this is what was expected.We have various sites and stories which are used on different nights as we try to find the right balance for the tour.I respect your point of view,the trip is not for every one,But most certainly it does have great appeal to others as is testified by the huge number of locals who have traveled after friends advised them and indeed a number who have traveled on 2 and 3 tours.We would certainly love to know what you think would improve the trip,your comments to our web site would be great and if we can act on your suggestions perhaps an improved tour might appeal to you, with our compliments of course.
    yours with upmost respect
    spirit 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

spirit1 wrote: »
    Sorry to here you didnt enjoy the trip.yes i am involved,we are well aware that any product will find it difficult to please everyone,and our aim with this trip was to provide stories and sites that would have broad appeal to young and old,Irish and international,while tales of banshees and faery lore will possibly be of no interest to young Irish men in their 20s it is an area that has great appeal to others.we have also included the history of the sites and people involved in the more famous hauntings in the killarney area to add factual value to the trip.as this is a brand new product we are not going to get every thing right straight away and we certainly cant produce real ghosts on demand, if this is what was expected.We have various sites and stories which are used on different nights as we try to find the right balance for the tour.I respect your point of view,the trip is not for every one,But most certainly it does have great appeal to others as is testified by the huge number of locals who have traveled after friends advised them and indeed a number who have traveled on 2 and 3 tours.We would certainly love to know what you think would improve the trip,your comments to our web site would be great and if we can act on your suggestions perhaps an improved tour might appeal to you, with our compliments of course.
    spirit 1
    MUST say i have heard some good reports about this tour and am looking forward to going myself some night..so best of luck to all involved and well done for taking the chance on something new when most others only give out and moan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭IrishSerf

spirit 1

Reading between the lines I can clearly see that you are offering all Killarney Boardsies

* a free trip for a family of six

* free food for the duration

* a 50 euro refund in the event that we don't enjoy it

see you Sunday.

PS done it already and it's good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I personally always appreciate it when somebody, when they come across a thread like this will directly discuss the perceived problems with no pretence. There are too many companies these days who are more likely to sign up fake usernames pretending to be customers and rave about how awesome it is.

Hats off to you spirit1, you should stick around, you might like it here on boards. There is a pretty active Paranormal board (If that's what floats your boat) and also a Mythology board. (And of course we are always looking for more regulars here in the Kerry board!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

oeb wrote: »
    I personally always appreciate it when somebody, when they come across a thread like this will directly discuss the perceived problems with no pretence. There are too many companies these days who are more likely to sign up fake usernames pretending to be customers and rave about how awesome it is.

Hats off to you spirit1, you should stick around, you might like it here on boards. There is a pretty active Paranormal board (If that's what floats your boat) and also a Mythology board. (And of course we are always looking for more regulars here in the Kerry board!)
    indeed, its great to see some commercial interaction on this board
    it would be great to see more local businesses using this board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Oliverdog wrote: »
    This morning I counted 12 flags on our 4-mile journey.

I'll update this figure as the day of the match approaches.

And no, there is not much to occupy your mind around here.

As the pre-match tension rises to fever-pitch, the count was up to 23 this morning. :):D

I now find that I'll miss the match as I am going to France for a week on Saturday (can't stand this Kerry weather another minute !)

The best of luck to the Kerry team - Sky Plus will be my consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

dmeehan wrote: »
    indeed, its great to see some commercial interaction on this board
    it would be great to see more local businesses using this board

How would you envisage this.

spirit 1

Well done for being honest and fortright spirit1 in being involved with the tour. I am a young woman and not infact a young man in my 20's & being honest it just wasn't for me and as you said yourself no-one or no-tour is going to please everyone. I have done this tour in Dublin before but just don't think this production was on par with it's counter-part. It could be down to several facts & you could say that the lack thereof of historical sites (as such) to visit and incorporarte into it could be a negative that cannot be improved :confused:

Sincere Best of Luck with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Right folks, when are we gonna give this Killarney Beers idea another shot? Would Sunday night be a bad idea with the game etc?

Well done for being honest and fortright spirit1 in being involved with the tour. I am a young woman and not infact a young man in my 20's & being honest it just wasn't for me and as you said yourself no-one or no-tour is going to please everyone. I have done this tour in Dublin before but just don't think this production was on par with it's counter-part. It could be down to several facts & you could say that the lack thereof of historical sites (as such) to visit and incorporarte into it could be a negative that cannot be improved :confused:

Sincere Best of Luck with it though.
    thanks for the words of encouragement,fair point about available sites,much easier in a city,another problem is kerry ghosts are just too smart to get caught out after dark.

cheers for that,might rise to a beer but just the thought of giving away all that free stuff would send me over to THE OTHER SIDE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭IrishSerf

cheers for that,might rise to a beer but just the thought of giving away all that free stuff would send me over to THE OTHER SIDE

Now that would be SCARY:o

Does anyone know what time the team are in Town tonight

Did you hear NAMA are going to sponsor the cork football team next year.
    NAMA of course will stand for

No
    All ireland
    Medals
    Again

Anyone on this thread from SPA GAA.

Was asked 1/2 hour ago to sponsor "Killarney SPA GAA Club" to buy Jerseys.

Is it real or a scam because the "collector" did not know too much about what the sponsorship was for :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

This savage buzz around town should shorten the Winter for everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Hi all,

I'm coming to Killarney this weekend for my wedding anniversary and as it's been a good few years since I drank in Killarney (used to come down for the Rally every May BH weekend but stayed out of the town to avoid the boyracers), I'm looking for recommendations for good watering holes on a Sunday night?

This savage buzz around town should shorten the Winter for everyone :D

Might be around Town but not on this thread

newman10 wrote: »
    Might be around Town but not on this thread

com'on newman10 lets kick it all off in here :D

anyone heading out tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

why is there a savage buzz round killarney?

why is there a savage buzz round killarney?

have you experienced it yourself or are you just asking for the sake of asking?

Are you still celebrating ??? There was a good buzz last weekend but the last 2 mornings :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

I have been living in another country for the last 6 weeks so no i havent expirienced it :p

I have been living in another country for the last 6 weeks so no i havent expirienced it :p

ah jakers, what's is like where you are these past 6-weeks? Missing Kerry much? ;):)

• Advertisement

newman10 wrote: »
    Are you still celebrating ??? There was a good buzz last weekend but the last 2 mornings :eek::eek:

What was going on those two mornings? No I'm not still celebrating: I've just seen somewhat of a difference around Killarney lately. People are just that tad bit more happier for each-own reason and just find the atmosphere day and night now to be nicely buzzing somewhat.

Advertisement