Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Well done k4s for trying to cheer us all up anyway.

I had another banner count when I came home from France and find it's now 52. This means that a lot of banners came out with the job done and Sam back safely home. I didn't even know the result until last Friday, when I was warned when carrying out wine from the port supermarket at Roscoff, by a Corkman, that I was overdoing the celebrating. (He had seen my KY plates)

Anyway, I'm hitting Tesco tomorrow, my buzz-barometer in Killarney. (If they're smiling in there, they'll be smiling everywhere, I always reckon). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

kerry4sam wrote: »
    ah jakers, what's is like where you are these past 6-weeks? Missing Kerry much? ;):)

Well im over here in Austria for 3 years studying and its always roasting so people are always happy. A nit freaky really :P
    Ah of course i miss kerry. I miss the bacnter of a night out, my car and i really want a bloody breakfast roll.
    These continental breakfasts suck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Well done k4s for trying to cheer us all up anyway.

I had another banner count when I came home from France and find it's now 52. This means that a lot of banners came out with the job done and Sam back safely home. I didn't even know the result until last Friday, when I was warned when carrying out wine from the port supermarket at Roscoff, by a Corkman, that I was overdoing the celebrating. (He had seen my KY plates)

Anyway, I'm hitting Tesco tomorrow, my buzz-barometer in Killarney. (If they're smiling in there, they'll be smiling everywhere, I always reckon). :D

That is typical of us here in Kerry regards the showing of colours. Sure they only put up the street-buntings a few days before the team travelled to Dublin. Nervous-anxiousness and the what-if factor I would imagine played there.
    It doesn't matter where you go you'll find a Corkman with a few words to say when they see the slightest hint of green & gold, brilliant!
    Ah jakers if tesco is your buzz-barometer, then it mightn't be too bad. I went in there late lastnight and heard all about the cashiers new glasses and how they have to be re-fitted at the crown of her nose for being too tight - It did make me smile I must say. The last thing I expected when I went to pay :)

Well im over here in Austria for 3 years studying and its always roasting so people are always happy. A nit freaky really :P
    Ah of course i miss kerry. I miss the bacnter of a night out, my car and i really want a bloody breakfast roll.
    These continental breakfasts suck!!!

Austria is one fabulous country. I went there for a short visit while supposed to be staying in Italy :pac: Curiousity just got the better of me. Always said I would be go back but never got around to it yet.

What are you studying there? Nice opportunity I must say. Well done to you for taking it :)

Ah the breakfast roll

business consultantcy international with a group of about 60 students from all over the world. its a crazy expirience here i must say :)
    Just bought a 24 pack of beer for 10.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Well folks, it's a bit quiet here. Any news from anyone?

Much on in town this week/weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Well we're heading to O'Donoghues for the music tonight, always a good evening out.
    Just so you know, last time we did this we were stopped with many others and breathalysed at Fossa on the way home - a sobering experience, even if sober (which of course I was). This was just a random, but statutory, test, but the rule remains - DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. I was told the other day that, apart from anything else, extra insurance premiums when returning after your suspension would be about €10,000 over the following five years.
    So go out, have a great time, but designate a driver ! :cool:

business consultantcy international with a group of about 60 students from all over the world. its a crazy expirience here i must say :)
    Just bought a 24 pack of beer for 10.50

wow aj, again well done on getting there among the other 59. I was involved with voluntary organisations involved in working with various aspects of youth policy and the EU and
    24 pack of beer 10.50euro
    but the experience you get doing something like that is simply priceless :D

you post up some pix or something for us of where in Austria you're located? I'd love to see what it's like there this time of the year.

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Just so you know, last time we did this we were stopped with many others and breathalysed at Fossa on the way home - a sobering experience, even if sober (which of course I was). This was just a random, but statutory, test, but the rule remains - DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. I was told the other day that, apart from anything else, extra insurance premiums when returning after your suspension would be about €10,000 over the following five years.
    So go out, have a great time, but designate a driver ! :cool:

I have been through 6check-points in 4-weeks down here in Kerry. I was waved through two with nothing checked, had NCT/Tax/Insurance checked on 4 and breathalysed on the other with my licence checked but no NCT/Tax/Insurance. Sur, give a read through the Kingdom and you'll see the work of AGS paying off here. Their is some crazy, seriously mad driving going on on the roads of Kerry that has left me speechless on numerous occasions. I for one am delighted at the numbers of checks going on.

So go out, have a great time, but designate a driver, here here. I cannot highlight this enough folks. Seriously, slow down on the roads & stop taking unnecessary risks. What is the honest to God rush? Mad driving on the roads of Kerry of late! Has to stop!

I have been through 6check-points in 4-weeks down here in Kerry. I was waved through two with nothing checked, had NCT/Tax/Insurance checked on 4 and breathalysed on the other with my licence checked but no NCT/Tax/Insurance. Sur, give a read through the Kingdom and you'll see the work of AGS paying off here. Their is some crazy, seriously mad driving going on on the roads of Kerry that has left me speechless on numerous occasions. I for one am delighted at the numbers of checks going on.

So go out, have a great time, but designate a driver, here here. I cannot highlight this enough folks. Seriously, slow down on the roads & stop taking unnecessary risks. What is the honest to God rush? Mad driving on the roads of Kerry of late! Has to stop!

I agree 100%, been stopped a few times recently myself (last time was a couple of weeks ago coming in the park road). And even if they don't catch anyone (Which I'm sure they do), it's a wonderful deterrent.

• Advertisement

wow aj, again well done on getting there among the other 59. I was involved with voluntary organisations involved in working with various aspects of youth policy and the EU and
    24 pack of beer 10.50euro
    but the experience you get doing something like that is simply priceless :D

you post up some pix or something for us of where in Austria you're located? I'd love to see what it's like there this time of the year.

Ill post some up later on when im home :)

oeb wrote: »
    Well folks, it's a bit quiet here. Any news from anyone?

Much on in town this week/weekend?

Well what you upto yourself?

I'll be designated driver Friday, working Saturday and Sunday is tbc ( DK47 I'll text ya tomorrow :D )

Nothing jaw-dropping, over-the-top riviting stuff by me :eek: and man I hope this easy week will do me good :p

Well what you upto yourself?

I'll be designated driver Friday, working Saturday and Sunday is tbc ( DK47 I'll text ya tomorrow :D )

Nothing jaw-dropping, over-the-top riviting stuff by me :eek: and man I hope this easy week will do me good :p

Had a bit of an annoying weekend myself. I was out in some friends house in Barraduff on Saturday (drinking and board games), and we went into town after. It was only after we got in that I realized that I was after leaving my wallet out at theirs =/.

Being that I am the only one out of the group currently employed, no one had any cash to lend me, and I sure as hell was not gonna pay ~30 quid to go get my wallet at 11.30pm so I just went home =(

Dunno will I bother heading out this weekend, may just leave it till the one after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Was in Killarney last night for the first time in a few weeks and just noticed that new restaurant Milano on Main St. when did that place open? It looked all posh and high brow, i wanted to go in and pretend like i was high society for once. But alas realised that by the look of the place, i would probably be thrown out the back door instead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

chupacabra wrote: »
    It looked all posh and high brow,

Its there about year. Its actually a glorified pizza place. The pizza are good and reasonable but the deserts are pricey. handy place for going for a bite to eat one a drink before going on for the evening. 2 for 1 vouchers often appear in the indo.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Milano is really nice. always busy but I wouldn't be too bothered about not looking like high society. It's fairly relaxed in there really.

Milano is just the trading name of 'Pizza Express' outside of England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

hey all hope all is good.having just returned from a week of travelling all round ireland im glad to be back in front of the fire with a nice feed of baby spuds and beans....im here to say that anybody thinking of a few days break there is great value to be found all over ireland for hotels and restaurants so instead of taking a cheap flight to some poxy resort in spain i really reccomend that people should be more open to the idea of staying at home for at least one weeks holidays you will be pleasntly surprized .....took in croker too...come on you boys in green come on you boys in green....am saving mad for st africa thats why i holidayed at home but im glad i did

Ill post some up later on when im home :)

you know i looked at al the pics ive taken over here and ive none of the area where im living. havent really ventured to the scenic areas of Wiener Neustadt yet :P. When i go to areas other than Vienna ill throw some up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

with a nice feed of baby spuds and beans....im here to say that anybody thinking of a few days break there is great value to be found all over ireland for hotels and restaurants so instead of taking a cheap flight to some poxy resort in spain i really reccomend that people

So you would prefer us all to stay at home for holidays and eat poxy imported potatoes & veg. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

For those who like Urban, just heard that they are moving to New St. He said that it was to a bigger shop so I can still get my baggy jeans :):D:)

newman10 wrote: »
    For those who like Urban, just heard that they are moving to New St. He said that it was to a bigger shop so I can still get my baggy jeans :):D:)

Ohh fantastic! That means that there is still one shop in town that sells jeans that fit me =)

hey all hope all is good.having just returned from a week of travelling all round ireland im glad to be back in front of the fire with a nice feed of baby spuds and beans....im here to say that anybody thinking of a few days break there is great value to be found all over ireland for hotels and restaurants so instead of taking a cheap flight to some poxy resort in spain i really reccomend that people should be more open to the idea of staying at home for at least one weeks holidays you will be pleasntly surprized .....took in croker too...come on you boys in green come on you boys in green....am saving mad for st africa thats why i holidayed at home but im glad i did

Hey welcome back. As you can see it has been quiet in here, never mind around the towns :pac:

You know I say fair play to you for wanting to promote tourism in Ireland. It is badly needed so it is. What parts did you travel to?

Since I got my first serious bout of the travel-bug at 17years of age I have travelled to and stayed in all but 3 of our 32 counties of Ireland (not going to mention my too-many trips abroad) and will proudly admit to loving every different trip. It was unusual in some places being the 'tourist' but once people found out I was from Kerry, I was sorted! Never a quiet moment thereafter :)

dh0661 wrote: »
    So you would prefer us all to stay at home for holidays and eat poxy imported potatoes & veg. :confused:
    NO SPUDS IN IRELAND ANYMORE SO.as it happens i grow my own

Hey welcome back. As you can see it has been quiet in here, never mind around the towns :pac:

You know I say fair play to you for wanting to promote tourism in Ireland. It is badly needed so it is. What parts did you travel to?

Since I got my first serious bout of the travel-bug at 17years of age I have travelled to and stayed in all but 3 of our 32 counties of Ireland (not going to mention my too-many trips abroad) and will proudly admit to loving every different trip. It was unusual in some places being the 'tourist' but once people found out I was from Kerry, I was sorted! Never a quiet moment thereafter :)
    went to sligo monaghan newry and back to dublin for ireland for the italy game.counted nine kerry reg in shopping center in newry,,,,you should see the amount of booze that was sold in sainsburys in newry it was mental....ya its a very quite thread at the moment in here...

Just saw a poster for INEC and Imelda May is playing on the 25th.

Has anyone seen her in concert ????

newman10 wrote: »
    Just saw a poster for INEC and Imelda May is playing on the 25th.

Has anyone seen her in concert ????

I am sorry newman but I can't help ya ... I had to google ImeldaMay & search her music on youtube to actually see who she is and what she sounds like :o

I did find out though that I actually like some of her tracks, it might actually be a good gig. Hope someone has seen her live though and will post here.

She was on the Late Late and sounded "Cabaret" ish

Just got the tickets. :D

Is it just me or are the weeks just flying into one another. It just seems like yesterday that we were asking about what would be happing at the week-end and now *bump* here we go again.

It's not like I am doing anything remotely crazy that's making the days seem shorter or anything. May be it's just me?.?

What do you guys think :confused:

• Advertisement

Is it just me or are the weeks just flying into one another. It just seems like yesterday that we were asking about what would be happing at the week-end and now *bump* here we go again.

It's not like I am doing anything remotely crazy that's making the days seem shorter or anything. May be it's just me?.?

What do you guys think :confused:

Yup, it's flying by alright.

So what are you up to this weekend? Working?

I'm gonna go for a good old fashioned session on Saturday night =) Crypt I reckon.

Advertisement