Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

newman10 wrote: »
    Just saw a poster for INEC and Imelda May is playing on the 25th.

Has anyone seen her in concert ????

We have tickets for this show, which was sensational last New Year's Eve, and I'd strongly suggest any others who might be at a loose end to go along. They have the lower area cleared for standing and the atmosphere down there was great. I don't know much about Imelda, but no-one takes centre stage, so I doubt if you'll see much cabaret-style singing. Last year, Sharon Shannon's Big Band were on the stage most of the time and the other artistes kicked in from time to time. Shane McGowan didn't appear until after midnight, by which time he was in fairly good shape (although hamming it up a bit).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBR0xICX0c
    It was the happiest New Year's Eve I remember, and God knows I've seen a few of them. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

oeb wrote: »
    Yup, it's flying by alright.

So what are you up to this weekend? Working?

I'm gonna go for a good old fashioned session on Saturday night =) Crypt I reckon.

Working late Saturday and early Sunday again so I'll probably hit the gym after work Saturday and stay in after. I do usually hit the Crypt on a Saturday though, best night of the week in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I have often though, especially on this thread, how many people that post here do I actually know (outside of boards), even in passing?

So lets find out.

Who knows me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

NO SPUDS IN IRELAND ANYMORE SO.as it happens i grow my own

Well if your eating your own baby new potatoes, as opposed to the imported muck that are passed off as baby new potatoes in supermarkets here
    then that's a totally different story.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

I have often though, especially on this thread, how many people that post here do I actually know (outside of boards), even in passing?

So lets find out.

Who knows me?

Not me anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Does anyone know what Google is doing in Killarney today?

From Radio Kerry today -

20 Oct 2009
    Google conference puts Killarney on international conference map

Killarney's hosting of the Google conference is putting the town on the international conference map.
    That's according to the Managing Director of the Gleneagle Hotel Group, Patrick O'Donoghue.
    2,500 Google workers are in Killarney for an internal company conference in the INEC.
    Google's CEO Eric Schmidt announced at the event yesterday that it's to expand its Irish operations and take on more staff.
    It currently employs about 1,500 people at its European headquarters in Dublin.
    Patrick O'Donoghue says the conference is a welcome boost for Killarney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭turtle dubh

I hope to go to the INEC in January. Can anyone help with Hotels near it please. Was looking at the Rivermede Harmony what is it like, and is it far from the INEC

I hope to go to the INEC in January. Can anyone help with Hotels near it please. Was looking at the Rivermede Harmony what is it like, and is it far from the INEC

Never heard of it.

The INEC is part of a hotel complex, the gleneagle.

Other hotels nearby are the riverside, the dromhall, killarney earlscourt, and the lake hotel.

Killarney is not that big anyway, you can get a taxi from the town centre to the INEC for six or so euro. (Or walk out in 20 minutes)

It is located alongside the HolidayInn hotel and opposite TheWhiteGatesHotel. They(Rivermede) advertise that they are selling for 25euros afaik. From there you are 10-12mins walk from town and 6-8mins from INEC.

How many of you are travelling down? As I know the hotels out that way have slashed their prices somewhat and if their are even 2-3of you travelling, you could get a great room-only rate between the 2-3 of you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭turtle dubh

There is 3 of us going so far, one double and one single. We want to stay 2 nights with breakfast as well but we dont want to stay in Gleneagle. We going to concert in the INEC on the 2nd January and maybe the concert on the 3rd. Most of the Hotel website are saying no vacancy for those 2 nights.

There is 3 of us going so far, one double and one single. We want to stay 2 nights with breakfast as well but we dont want to stay in Gleneagle. We going to concert in the INEC on the 2nd January and maybe the concert on the 3rd. Most of the Hotel website are saying no vacancy for those 2 nights.

Trust me, few if any of them are actually sold out. They would have closed their websites to get maximum revenue taking bookings over the phone as their are discounts given to online bookings for hotels ;)

Do a google search for hotels in Killarney on sites other than the actual hotel website to check prices for yourself eg: www.booking.com. Their are quite a few more online like that they give you great savings. Look around online and you will find yourself a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Turtle dubh also they Victoria Hotel. Its right beside the Gleneagle and is a smaller hotel. Nice bar and good pub grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

So lets find out.

Who knows me?

Yeah I know your face.

We are doing something for google this week at work. Dunno will they be there this weekend when I'm working though..

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

hi all, sorry if this has come up previously, I've gone through the thread a bit but can't find anything...
    I'm going down to Killarney from limerick on monday to check out a few bike shops for 2nd hand ex rentals for sale. I know O'sullivans and I think sheehans have some, do you know of any other places to try? is anyone familiar with these 2 places and the quality/brands of ladies bikes available?
    thanks in advance!

cyberspi wrote: »
    hi all, sorry if this has come up previously, I've gone through the thread a bit but can't find anything...
    I'm going down to Killarney from limerick on monday to check out a few bike shops for 2nd hand ex rentals for sale. I know O'sullivans and I think sheehans have some, do you know of any other places to try? is anyone familiar with these 2 places and the quality/brands of ladies bikes available?
    thanks in advance!

In Killarney I would recommend O'Sullivans' being honest. Their used to be a place in town called O'Callaghans that sold a great range of bikes but they have moved locations now and don't sell bikes anymore afaik.

You could also contact www.cyclingsafaris.com as they would be at the end of their season now and always sell on their bikes at end of season and purchase new at the start of each season.

Happy shopping & Happy cycling :)

Dr.Crokes -v- SouthKerry

So who is heading to Fitzgerads' Stadium on Sunday for the County Final. Me thinks I'll be making an appearance alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Dr.Crokes -v- SouthKerry

So who is heading to Fitzgerads' Stadium on Sunday for the County Final. Me thinks I'll be making an appearance alright.
    i would be, if I was in the country this weekend - shouting for the Crokes of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

Dr.Crokes -v- SouthKerry

ANYbody with friends living abroad they can watch the game live on the dr crokes web site www.drcrokes.com. we are the boys from dr crokes

As an AnGaeltacht supporter myself I am happy with today's result of the County Final. I never actually managed to make it to the match due to unexpected work commitments but their was a good turnout apparently, even in this savage weather.

• Advertisement

dmeehan wrote: »
    i would be, if I was in the country this weekend - shouting for the Crokes of course :D

How was your week-end away :)

Anyone go out for Halloween? The Granary was fun! Nice to see that place being busy, hasn't been in a while.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Anyone go out for Halloween? The Granary was fun! Nice to see that place being busy, hasn't been in a while.

Aye, twas busy enough down there alright, ended up in the grand and mcsorleys bar though!

Yeah I was in the Grand for about half an hour, was too busy so went to the Granary. Then back to the grand to get my coat.

What did you dress up as?

I went as myself. Frightening enough. :eek:

Yeah I was in the Grand for about half an hour, was too busy so went to the Granary. Then back to the grand to get my coat.

What did you dress up as?

Anyone who asked was informed that I was dressed up as a computer programming magician =P

Yay! Oh so innovative!

Think friend of mine saw you in the granary actually, were you doing tricks? She was like "omg there was this classss magician fella doing tricks in the granary last night!..did you see him?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

As an AnGaeltacht supporter myself I am happy with today's result of the County Final. I never actually managed to make it to the match due to unexpected work commitments but their was a good turnout apparently, even in this savage weather.
    YOU missed a great game but the county board should be ashamed of themselves making players and fans alike endure such conditions.also the ref was disgraceful

Yay! Oh so innovative!

Think friend of mine saw you in the granary actually, were you doing tricks? She was like "omg there was this classss magician fella doing tricks in the granary last night!..did you see him?"

That would have been me, it usually is =P

I am exactly the kind of gobshyte that brings a deck of cards with me everywhere I go =D

I take it you dressed up? I think I was one of the very very few people in there not in fancy dress!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

How was your week-end away :)
    weekend in london was great, apart from liverpool losing to fulham :mad:
    but took in a show too, We Will Rock You. highly recommended

I just love flying into Kerry airport, home 15mins after the wheels touch the runway :D

Advertisement