Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

dmeehan wrote: »
    weekend in london was great, apart from liverpool losing to fulham :mad:
    but took in a show too, We Will Rock You. highly recommended

I just love flying into Kerry airport, home 15mins after the wheels touch the runway :D

I love that Airport. Killarney to London in less time than it takes to drive to Dublin. (If you don't take wait times into account, less time than it takes to drive to Cork!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

oeb wrote: »
    That would have been me, it usually is =P

I am exactly the kind of gobshyte that brings a deck of cards with me everywhere I go =D

I take it you dressed up? I think I was one of the very very few people in there not in fancy dress!

Heyy, heyyyyy, are you the guy that's friends with Marian and was showing me and my friend card tricks in Mc Sorleys some night over the summer? Must have been you.

I was a ladybird. It was a shit idea, there were loads of bloody ladybirds around. At least I was the only not whored up one I guess, ha! Made my own costume and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

YOU missed a great game but the county board should be ashamed of themselves making players and fans alike endure such conditions.also the ref was disgraceful

I completely agree. I know of so many people who have headcolds after sitting up in the stand for so long in that atrocious weather. By right, the game should have been postponed! I didn't get to listen on RadioKerry to the match but have heard about that ref alright. In saying that though what I have heard is from Crokes' fans in town since the match so...

weekend in london was great, apart from liverpool losing to fulham :mad:
    but took in a show too, We Will Rock You. highly recommended

I just love flying into Kerry airport, home 15mins after the wheels touch the runway :D

:D to Fulham, yeah :D

I have my ticket already for when We Will Rock You come to Dublin in the New Year, cannot wait. My manger saw the show in London as well and couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Kerry Airport is an absolute God-send. God help us down here if Ryanair pull out of this route :eek:

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Heyy, heyyyyy, are you the guy that's friends with Marian and was showing me and my friend card tricks in Mc Sorleys some night over the summer? Must have been you.

I was a ladybird. It was a shit idea, there were loads of bloody ladybirds around. At least I was the only not whored up one I guess, ha! Made my own costume and all!

That would probably be me =)

• Advertisement

Yay! You know of my Grandad, apparently. Haha that was ridiculous.

Anyway back to Killarney. Is the ice rink coming again this year? I like that. Last year I got away with being a "secondary school student" so got in cheaper. Dunno about this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

sounds like a good night out so, hope to be down b4 crimbo if not the kerry v dub game. folks are from killarney and ballyharr and spent all holidays down home christened in cathedral aons ago lol and used to work in the killarney heights when i left school

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Is the ice rink coming again this year?

I heard that it is up in the air. Seemingly it lost a fortune last year and thy guys who run it are looking for "investors"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

sure it wasnt even real ice, it was some plastic boards they put down.
    :rolleyes:

newman10 wrote: »
    I heard that it is up in the air. Seemingly it lost a fortune last year and thy guys who run it are looking for "investors"

The Killarney rink last year never proved as popular as the Tralee one for some reason. It was a novelty in the beginning as expected but the hype wasn't long dying down though.

In saying that though, take the ice-rink out from town and what is actually left for children in the evenings when the shops stay opening late and more families stay around longer picking up last minute bits n bobs?!

• Advertisement

sure it wasnt even real ice, it was some plastic boards they put down.
    :rolleyes:

It was real ice last year. That was the year before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

It was real ice last year. That was the year before.
    typical they had a golden goose and got greedy they wanted to cut out the ice rink company and buy there own plastic one.what muppets fair play to tralee they really caught them out last year.greed greed greed it has the town ruined ,but not to fear the udc is on hand to help if any of you own a bussiness with a sign on the street they are going to be after you to take it down.good to know there around when things get tough for local business aggh i better go now im gettingg mad....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

but not to fear the udc is on hand to help if any of you own a bussiness with a sign on the street they are going to be after you to take it down.good to know there around when things get tough for local business aggh i better go now im gettingg mad....:mad:

And what about the free parking to entice people to shop in Killarney Town or do they want everyone to move to Deerpark :confused:

newman10 wrote: »
    And what about the free parking to entice people to shop in Killarney Town or do they want everyone to move to Deerpark :confused:

Was it last year or the year before that they did the free parking in the lewis road carpark?

Was it last year or the year before that they did the free parking in the lewis road carpark?

I thought they do that every year for the few weeks around Christmas

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I thought they do that every year for the few weeks around Christmas

I don't know, I'm a bit scrambled at the moment (Spent too long in the Grand last night, there was a really great band playing)

I don't know, I'm a bit scrambled at the moment (Spent too long in the Grand last night, there was a really great band playing)

Was it The Paddies? I was going to head in there myself but thought it best to clear me auld headcold once and for all

Was it The Paddies? I was going to head in there myself but thought it best to clear me auld headcold once and for all

Nahh, twas a group I have not seen before. 'Spring Break', they were a seven or eight piece band, the lot of them in fancy dress. Played mostly 80's pop covers.

typical they had a golden goose and got greedy they wanted to cut out the ice rink company and buy there own plastic one.what muppets fair play to tralee they really caught them out last year.greed greed greed it has the town ruined ,but not to fear the udc is on hand to help if any of you own a bussiness with a sign on the street they are going to be after you to take it down.good to know there around when things get tough for local business aggh i better go now im gettingg mad....:mad:

The udc do seem to have a strange way of aiding the small businesses in town at times alright but I always thought they struck a fair line though.

Nahh, twas a group I have not seen before. 'Spring Break', they were a seven or eight piece band, the lot of them in fancy dress. Played mostly 80's pop covers.

ah damn they sound like fun! Hopefully next Thursday they'll be in there again. Was it busy in there?

• Advertisement

ah damn they sound like fun! Hopefully next Thursday they'll be in there again. Was it busy in there?

Aye, it was pretty busy alright, Shamrock had a big load of aussies down, so that helped. The couple of times I looked into the nightclub it was mostly empty though.

Aye, it was pretty busy alright, Shamrock had a big load of aussies down, so that helped. The couple of times I looked into the nightclub it was mostly empty though.

No-one seems to head to the nightclubs now except Saturday and some Friday nights. They may aswell close the nightclub in McSorleys though in my opinion. As quiet as the Grand gets, people do still wander in and out but the last of the buzz is over in there I would say until mid-December again.

No-one seems to head to the nightclubs now except Saturday and some Friday nights. They may aswell close the nightclub in McSorleys though in my opinion. As quiet as the Grand gets, people do still wander in and out but the last of the buzz is over in there I would say until mid-December again.

Sure they only open mcsorleys nightclub on Fridays and Saturdays now (And it's free Fridays)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

Just wondering dose any one have any recomemdations on staying in Killarney, somewhere in the town itself and quite cheap as theres a bunch of us going.

Just wondering dose any one have any recomemdations on staying in Killarney, somewhere in the town itself and quite cheap as theres a bunch of us going.

The Killarney Court is reasonable enough from what I hear. It's just outside town too, maybe 10 min walk (To the centre).

According to the advertiser the ice rink will be back..woo!

According to the advertiser the ice rink will be back..woo!

yeah saw that. Did you see the advert for the Santa Walk/Run/Crawl for charity in December? I'd say that will be some laugh to partake in, gonna do that with some friends me thinks :)

has it got that bad down home that they only open 2 nights a week had a mate that worked in mcsorleys for the weekend?

hope to be down home with a few mates for the dub v kerry game iam a kerry fan b4 i get all the abuse lol. cant help where you were born ( well i can still blame my auld one ) for that. lol. thats a joke if any one of my dub mates read this ( if they can read at all lol )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Town very quiet at the moment but I suppose November is always that way.

What do people think of the fact that the jarveys are still picketing outside the front of Muckross House on the issue of the horse nappies?

I think it's an utter joke myself and have no sympathy for the jarveys.

Heard that turnover in the restaurant is down something like 40%
    (Probably some of this due to the recession but the restaurant has always been decent value and the last time I was in there it was fairly busy)

Advertisement