Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

oeb wrote: »
    I was thinking of showing my face down there for a bit too. Say hi if you see me =)

Course I will!

But now I am working. Surprise surprise. But I said I wouldn't work unless I'm finished by ten..so I'll still be there woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

hup,
    Just wondering if there is a vegetarian restaurant in Killarney ? Or alternatively anywhere that does a good vegi menu ?

tanks in advance !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Christmas Lights weren't even checked before they were put up? I mean, since day one strands are just not working and some don't even have festive bows on them, basic bows like. I just remember last year they seemed just a tad more festive looking. Maybe it's just my thinking this though?

oh! Any feedback from / about the popcorn party?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

kingdumb wrote: »
    hup,
    Just wondering if there is a vegetarian restaurant in Killarney ? Or alternatively anywhere that does a good vegi menu ?

tanks in advance !

Milanos does veggie pizza and a few veggie meal options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

kerry4sam wrote: »
    oh! Any feedback from / about the popcorn party?

Quiet enough inside there as usual (unfortuantly). Good atmosphere though and a bit of a laugh (Even if the place smelled like a cinema at the end of the night) :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I nearly managed to take home a full bag of popcorn. I would've if I had a car! And wasn't drunk. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Christmas Lights weren't even checked before they were put up? I mean, since day one strands are just not working and some don't even have festive bows on them, basic bows like. I just remember last year they seemed just a tad more festive looking. Maybe it's just my thinking this though?

I see the blue Christmas Tree is back. I was hoping someone had hijacked it during the summer. :eek:

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I see the blue Christmas Tree is back. I was hoping someone had hijacked it during the summer. :eek:

ha, yeah I did hope that aswell but sure at least it's not in a roundabout with some stone fish-heads ;) so we are improving in Killarney like.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

There does not seem to be too much Christmas Cheer around. Shops are complaining and verr little athmosphere in the Town Centre.

IMO they should not have moved the Ice Rink or the Christmas Market.

• Advertisement

Just heard that Ryanair are flying from Kerry to Faro and Alicante.

At least it secures some jobs in the Airport

Does anyone know when Deenagh Lodge will re-open again following the re-roofing? What a time for that to have to happen like. I hope it's early Jan 2010.

newman10 wrote: »
    Just heard that Ryanair are flying from Kerry to Faro and Alicante.

At least it secures some jobs in the Airport

wow, it's good to know Ryanair has confidence in the flow of people through Kerry, good sign indeed. Hope they maintain all their routes now, and not let another route go to pay for these new ones.

Does anyone know when Deenagh Lodge will re-open again following the re-roofing? What a time for that to have to happen like. I hope it's early Jan 2010.

Deenach Lodge will not reopen for business until the last Saturday in March.

Hope that the lads in Down syndrome Kerry will have it again as they gave a great cup of coffee and IMO is a cause well worth supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Hope they maintain all their routes now, and not let another route go to pay for these new ones.

the "new" routes announced for Kerry and Knock are replacing routes that were previously lost from Shannon Airport. Shannon's loss is our gain. These flights are actually on offer for 30 quid each way during the summer months with no taxes or charges

time to start planning the summer hols, theres no beating comming home from holidays and flying into kerry airport - home in 10 mins after the wheels hit the runway :D

ho ho ho, not long to go now folks ... how are we all set?

No Roads gritted this morning.

What are the UDC/KCC doing. They take our Car Tax no bloody problem but then allow us to drive on ice :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

the roads that were not gritted yesterday were still not gritted today
    if they dont sort it out soon it will become the Killarney Glacier :-)

dmeehan wrote: »

Big problem because no one wants to come to Town and shops are complaining with 3 days to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know if Avatar is being shown in 3-D in Killarney?

• Advertisement

dmeehan wrote: »

I done some more of my Christmas visits today and just found patches up around Kilcummin were shocking bad. I mean, on one stretch of road their were signs up saying "careful, slippery surface" but sweet damn all salt or grit on the roads! I don't understand the logic behind that. The main roads were okay though even out onto Kenmare, never even encountered a hiccup Thank God. The roads that needed grit or salt had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BBRodriguez

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Avatar is being shown in 3-D in Killarney?

I don't think so. We went up to Tralee to see it last friday night. Well worth the trip, although probably not with the current weather.

Just a quickie to say Happy Christmas to all you Killarney posters - there are a few regulars who keep this thread alive and kicking - well done (you know who you are !) ;) Peace and best wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 10 KY 01

Happy New year to everyone.

Will we cope without Tommy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Quick question - for the car-less among us, what's the best way to get from Killarney to Kate Kearneys cottage? I'm heading down tonight and I'm looking to get out to the Gap of Dunloe for a walk. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brosnan!

der are no buses to kate carneys from town so taxi is the best bet...

as for tommy! i think we will survive without him! his bro is just as good just needs a bit of experience. there are plenty to fill the spot. donaghy for instance... what about dara o se tho?? iv a feeling he'll hang his boots on a high!

concussion wrote: »
    Quick question - for the car-less among us, what's the best way to get from Killarney to Kate Kearneys cottage? I'm heading down tonight and I'm looking to get out to the Gap of Dunloe for a walk. Cheers.

From Fossa to Kate Kearneys, the Road is an Ice Rink, best to go through Beaufort Village and Roads are dangerous. Be very Careful

Enjoy the walk

Thank God to see you all out of hibernation. I thought I'd killed the thread on Christmas Eve. :eek:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

id be down for a week next month. cant wait to be home again, never got back for crimbo. happy new year to all. be down for a week if you want meet up for a few drinks during the week or after the kerry game.

Advertisement