Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

whos the goalkeeper for the kerry v dubs game. hope he will be as good as murphy if not better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

villains77 wrote: »
    whos the goalkeeper for the kerry v dubs game. hope he will be as good as murphy if not better.
    ID be surprised if jack even new now who the new keeper will be but who ever it is it will be hard to be as good as murphy for a few years at least too be fair.murphy had a long wait for his day in the sun but it was fully deserved to be fair.

Hoping for a good game next weekend. whats the weather been like down home. (work up in dub all my life but killarney is more a home then dublin will ever be ) was christened in the cathedral many moons ago now lol and spent all school holidays down in killarney or ballyhar still get stick from my mates bout it though lol anyway looking forward to having a few pints back home for the week are we having a killarney beers for after the game, will be having a few boardsies down with me for the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Spa had a good win this weekend.:D Any news on the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

newman10 wrote: »
    Spa had a good win this weekend.:D Any news on the match

Very exciting game, especially at the death.

Spa will have to improve around midfield for the final as they won very little breaking ball there.

Playing Cookstown from Tyrone in the final who have Owen Mulligan and Raymond Mulgrew among their ranks, so should be a tricky enough affair.

• Advertisement

Killarney athletic also had a good win the other night. they won 2 nil against some dublin team.
    where can i get an athletic of killarney celtic jersey. on hols now till the 9th heading down killarney on monday morning cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

What's a good Chinese takeaway in Killarney, anyone ? Is the Xin Yuan any good on the Park Road roundabout ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Oliverdog wrote: »
    What's a good Chinese takeaway in Killarney, anyone ? Is the Xin Yuan any good on the Park Road roundabout ?

Anytime I stay over with my friend she insists on going to the one near the taxi rank, sorry I cannot remember the name or give an opinion of the others in Killarney.
    TBH - I think this place is as good as you get, nearly as good as my favourite Rose Garden in Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

The Thai in the inishfallen do takeaway and its very good. Also like the Park view on the Muckross Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

They're all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Inexile wrote: »
    The Thai in the inishfallen do takeaway and its very good. Also like the Park view on the Muckross Road.

Have been to Park View on Muckross Road and can recommend it.

Have heard lots of good things about the Thai place in the Inishfallen as well, definately on my list of places to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Park View on Muckross Rd???
    where is this chinese? is that passed the Gleneagle?

Thumbs up from me for the Thai in the inisfallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

dmeehan wrote: »
    Park View on Muckross Rd???
    where is this chinese? is that passed the Gleneagle?

Thumbs up from me for the Thai in the inisfallen.

Just past the glen there used to be a filling station/cafe that closed down a few years back. It's there.

(I also have eaten there once or twice. It's a bit meh)

Coming to work this morning met a gang of Dub supporters.

It could be a long weekend for some but it is great to see them around

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Coming to work this morning met a gang of Dub supporters.

It could be a long weekend for some but it is great to see them around

hey all, I must say their was a great atmosphere in town with the dubs around, always bring a buzz with them.

anyone off to the RebelCounty this Saturday for the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭letitroll

any suggestions in Killarney town centre?? nice restaurant (italian maybe??) doing early bird or similiar special for thursday 18th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

letitroll wrote: »
    any suggestions in Killarney town centre?? nice restaurant (italian maybe??) doing early bird or similiar special for thursday 18th Feb

Robertinos is nice.

Stonechat have a good early bird. Great Chicken Pasta but do not know if they are open.

Have to agree about Robertinos

Just heard that C & R are making 14 workers redundant. :eek: Is it seasonal or permanent

Just heard that C & R are making 14 workers redundant. :eek: Is it seasonal or permanent
    I'd say its permanent. Its in the papers that Musgraves (who own C&R) are laying off people :(

• Advertisement

my suggestions are Cucina Italiano or Milano (mainly pizza)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    anyone off to the RebelCounty this Saturday for the match?

might consider driving to cork for this, what time is the throw-in??

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

my suggestions are Cucina Italiano or Milano (mainly pizza)

Milanos is family friendly (lot of children screaming),

Cucina Italiano is more grown up (no children screaming) :D

Anyone who goes to Robertinos seems to be happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

might consider driving to cork for this, what time is the throw-in??

I was going to drive aswell but I got called in to work now until 7pm. The throw-in is at 7:30 so will head into town to watch it after work me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

Just wondering if anyone here could tell me what's the best route to drive from Dublin to Killarney (tomorrow)? ie. via Cork, or Limerick? Seems like every week, a new stretch of motorway is opening up, and it's hard to keep track of it all. Thanks!

plodder wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here could tell me what's the best route to drive from Dublin to Killarney (tomorrow)? ie. via Cork, or Limerick? Seems like every week, a new stretch of motorway is opening up, and it's hard to keep track of it all. Thanks!

IMO opinion to Mitchelstown the turn for Mallow/Killarney.

If Nenagh bypass is open then through Limerick but I do not know if it open yet.

Haven't been in Dublin since September :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Asgaroth

Hi everyone,

I am about to move down to Killlarney at the end of the month. I was wondering if there are any decent broadband options in Killarney (besides Eircom or a mobile phone variant).

Any tips/suggestions wouldf be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

Hi, where is the best place in killarney for buying coal/logs?

crazzzzy wrote: »
    Hi, where is the best place in killarney for buying coal/logs?

Try O'Connor fuels or MD O Shea Check the prices because Coal seems to vary in price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hey lads. Would Killarney be a good choice for a (small) stag weekend? Trying to organise something very last minute for my sister's boyfriend who's coming over from England. Would probably only be five or six of us.

Advertisement