Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Hi lads, just wondering if anyone knows if there's a go-kart track in, or close to, Killarney. Failing that, any recommedation for something for five lads to do on a Saturday afternoon besides drinking?

What type of 'lads' are ye?! I met a bunch of tough looking, camouflage gear wearing skinheads and who enjoyed an afternoon sitting by a boathouse drinking. They rented bikes for the day and just enjoyed the views. They seemed to have had the nicest day just chilling out, and chatting away to people. It still breaks me out in giggles thinking that I was initially terrified of them, and ended up having a lovely chat.

That included drinking though. Ooops.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Just to let everyone know that Deenach Lodge will reopen this Easter under management of Down Syndrome Kerry.:D:D:D

Thanks to all who supported us over the last 2 years and we look forward to welcoming you all back again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

newman10 wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know that Deenach Lodge will reopen this Easter under management of Down Syndrome Kerry.:D:D:D

Thanks to all who supported us over the last 2 years and we look forward to welcoming you all back again this year

Aww fantastic news. Their was always a friendly smile and warm welcome when I went in there, either fresh-faced at beginning of a jog or totally wrecked after one.

I look forward to calling back in when it re-opens.

After a walk down the demesne tonight I noticed the beautiful designs that were put on the new thatch-work on the roof of Deenach Lodge. It really does set it off.

Does anyone have information on the proposed Ferris wheel for New St. carpark.
    Seemingly in was on Mooney RTE 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

whats the story with the Jarveys, are they allowed back into the National Park/ Muckross House or are they still banned?

Does anyone have information on the proposed Ferris wheel for New St. carpark.
    Seemingly in was on Mooney RTE 1

Ferris Wheel?

I'm of the understanding that it is an 'observation' wheel, like the LondonEye but would be called The Killarney Eye :)

dmeehan wrote: »
    whats the story with the Jarveys, are they allowed back into the National Park/ Muckross House or are they still banned?

The courtcase is still pending as far as I know. It is absolutely cruel what they are doing at the moment - Instead of going in through the National Park to reach Dinish Cottage, they are bringing the horses on the main Kenmare Road to that entrance out past Torc Waterfall. The horses are just not used to that much traffic and noise while carrying a load of passengers. I think that it is an accident waiting to happen.

Does anyone else evacuate Killarney during the May Bank Holiday rally?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

The traffic lights are running now near Aldi. Doesn't seem to affect things too much traffic wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

madrabui wrote: »
    Does anyone else evacuate Killarney during the May Bank Holiday rally?

I posted here two years ago about the state of Ross Castle car park on the Sunday morning of that May bank holiday.

The amount of rubbish, chip cartons, pizza boxes, cans,bottles and broken glass strewn all over the car park was disgusting.

What really made the situation worse was there were coaches bringing tourists (English & American) to Ross Castle who had to step over or around this $hit to see the beauty of they ---> were going to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

totally off topic i see that down in killarney community college they are setting up a tag rugby event during the summer it would be funny to setup a killarney boards team? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Wronged

What do you think of this?
    A nurse/carer has scored my 90 year old late uncle’s estate worth more than half a million pounds.
    The carer works in London as a carer for elderly men. She befriended my 90 year old uncle, and six months before he died he willed his estate to her worth in excess of £500,000.My uncle died rather suddenly. After the death the lady in question moved quickly to transfer the assets of the estate to her name.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Further, they are now refusing to honour financial dealings between my uncle and I. In particular funds held by my uncle for our family home in Mayo, where I lived as a child, have not been returned to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

guess he saw she was all that cared when he could not do for himself
    alos you would have to prove he was not of sound mind
    not of sound mind would he would have had to been diagnosed with alzheimers before the will was drawn up

johnnyc wrote: »
    totally off topic i see that down in killarney community college they are setting up a tag rugby event during the summer it would be funny to setup a killarney boards team? :)

Do you know if the teams can be mixed? I'll be up for this if we have the numbers...have not played tag-rugby since primary school though.

I know someone who would be interested as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Peter101

Those women obviously have no morals and no ethics. How could they take advantage of an old man.
    I would be pretty upset too if it was my uncle, or for that matter any old person.
    Can you tell us more about the family house.
    Can you take them to court?
    Do people know what they have done? Arn'e they embarrassed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Just a note: regarding this case of the elderly man and his inheritance... please be very careful when discussing this, and please do not leave this site open for any libel accusations. I will be keeping a close eye on this conversation but really this is not the place for it. If you are genuinely seeking advice on this matter, I would try one of the legal forums on this site. A local thread is not the place to discuss matters such as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Do you know if the teams can be mixed? I'll be up for this if we have the numbers...have not played tag-rugby since primary school though.

7 a side min of 3 ladies and 4 lads on the field at all times a max number of 12 players allowed. total price is 500 euro that equates to 41.33 per person. I recon subs would be used.
    http://www.killarneyrugby.com/content/

Its on a tuesday and starts the 4th may @ 7pm.

Does anyone know if the Rally is in Beaufort on Sunday.

Thinking of going to Kate Kearneys for a walk

Thanks

• Advertisement

Came to Town last night and did a walk around and to my suprise I saw 2 planning permissions to convert to Restaurant/Coffee shop. :eek:

Do we need more places to pass the time of day Any opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Came to Town last night and did a walk around and to my suprise I saw 2 planning permissions to convert to Restaurant/Coffee shop. :eek:

Is it just me or in Killarney, anytime a property becomes available it almost immediately gets taken over by either a coffee shop or a bookies!

In other news I hear the Granary has been turned into the Lough Inn -haven't been home in a few weeks due to college exams but from what my friends tell me it sounds like a yank tourists wet dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

PaulieC wrote: »
    Is it just me or in Killarney, anytime a property becomes available it almost immediately gets taken over by either a coffee shop or a bookies!

In other news I hear the Granary has been turned into the Lough Inn -

The lock in - I suspect there might be some sort of late night carry on :rolleyes: ;);):D:D:D

dh0661 wrote: »
    The lock in - I suspect there might be some sort of late night carry on :rolleyes: ;);):D:D:D

For late night carry on see MacSorleys downstairs bar...it's a joke how they get away with it like!! Still...not complaining :)

For late night carry on see MacSorleys downstairs bar...it's a joke how they get away with it like!! Still...not complaining :)

:rolleyes: a lock-in in that bar? never heard the likes :eek: :D ... not going to change now though.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    :rolleyes: a lock-in in that bar? never heard the likes :eek: :D ... not going to change now though.

Well I've been there a few nights when the guards have popped in then left again around 3am...as a matter of interest what's the latest anybodies been in there til - I always hit the wall around 4am but think I was there til half 4 one morning cos of a 21st

Do we need more places to pass the time of day Any opinions

I remember the days when you could barely finish your coffee in peace in some premises before the table would be needed again for more people walking in.

Their seems to be more than enough in town for the demand that is presently in Killarney in my opinion. Maybe the owners think that some money being generated is better than none and the building just sitting idle. Just my thought.

Well I've been there a few nights when the guards have popped in then left again around 3am...as a matter of interest what's the latest anybodies been in there til - I always hit the wall around 4am but think I was there til half 4 one morning cos of a 21st

Yeah they do their customary walk-in there alright but everyone knows the drink will still be served once people want it in there.

The latest for me was once just after 5am and their were more people in there drinking after 3am than during official hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jgilbert

Wronged wrote: »
    What do you think of this?
    A nurse/carer has scored my 90 year old late uncle’s estate worth more than half a million pounds.
    The carer works in London as a carer for elderly men. She befriended my 90 year old uncle, and six months before he died he willed his estate to her worth in excess of £500,000.My uncle died rather suddenly. After the death the lady in question moved quickly to transfer the assets of the estate to her name.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Further, they are now refusing to honour financial dealings between my uncle and I. In particular funds held by my uncle for our family home in Mayo, where I lived as a child, have not been returned to us.

tbh, i think she should consider her moral conscience, and give back what isnt hers, considering this 90 year old man might not have known what was going on :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

jgilbert wrote: »
    tbh, i think she should consider her moral conscience, and give back what isnt hers, considering this 90 year old man might not have known what was going on :/

funny how it was op first post and now jgilberts first :confused:

nowhere in post does it say that anyone else but carer cared for uncle , might be that uncle knew exactly what was going on, if so good for him , amazing how many ppl come out of woodwork when a few bucks to be had , and by the way it is hers to do with as she sees fit ;)

Advertisement