Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

oeb wrote: »
    I was led to believe that the jarvies were never expected to pay for them. The The National Parks and Wildlife Service said they would pay for them.

Source
    the council do not pay for my bins
    nor do they pay to empty my slurry tank
    why should anyone pay the garveys way,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

goat2 wrote: »
    the council do not pay for my bins
    nor do they pay to empty my slurry tank
    why should anyone pay the garveys way,

Ohhh, I don't disagree with you, just someone claimed that the real reason the jarvies did not want them was because they did not want to pay for them. Just letting people know that the jarvies did not have to pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Ohhh, I don't disagree with you, just someone claimed that the real reason the jarvies did not want them was because they did not want to pay for them. Just letting people know that the jarvies did not have to pay for them.
    and who did they think payed to pick up the s&&t after them, it was the tax payer, do they pay tax on all their earnings,
    the tax payer dont ask anyone to clean up after them for free, why should they ever in the past have done it,

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I'm living here now and am wondering if there's anywhere in Killarney town to go jogging? Somewhere thats close to town? I'd prefer somewhere secluded from the main road also as don't want people to see my fat ass jogging!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

kaji wrote: »
    I'm living here now and am wondering if there's anywhere in Killarney town to go jogging? Somewhere thats close to town? I'd prefer somewhere secluded from the main road also as don't want people to see my fat ass jogging!

I'd suggest the Demesne anyway - across the road from the cathedral, lots of space, close to town and away from the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Kerry Branch of Down Symdrome will host an Ice Cream Party at Deenach Lodge this sunday afternoon.:D:D

So when you are finished your walk feel free to drop in

newman10 wrote: »
    Just reading the last few posts made me sit down and think of who have closed in the last 12 / 18 months. Feel free to ad to the list because I am sure that I have omitted some. It is a SERIOUS PROBLEM that we have not thought about :confused::(:mad::(:confused::(:mad:

Baby Shop (near Envy New St)
    Frameworks (New St)
    Style Room (New St)
    Graffiti (New St)
    Mods n Minis (New St)
    €2 Shop (New St)
    Adams
    Danny Healy (New St)
    Internet Cafe (New St)
    Eugene Ferris Photo
    Trigger Happy (High St)
    LOCS Cafe
    Smart Custom
    Mrs Quinn Charity (strong rumour)
    Cetic Discount (High St)
    Newsprint (High St / Main St)
    Natural Herb Store (Glebe Lane)
    Brian James (Plunkett St) Now smaller in Main St
    Bobby Kelly (Plunket St)
    Photo Shop (Plunket St)
    Quills Craft shops (2 Plunket St)
    Quills Craft Shop (Main St)
    Frame Shop (Tesco Arcade)
    Curtain Shop (Innisfallon Mall)
    Flower Shop (Innisfallon Mall)
    Shyne Smoothie Bar
    Ladies Boutique/Shoe Shop (Arbutus Hotel)
    Gerry the Butcher
    Jean Scene (Deerpark)
    Bag Shop (Deerpark)

Regretfully I have to add two more Shops :(:(:(:(

Scarlett Ribbon (New St)
    Blind/Furnishing Shop (Innisfallon Mall)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Kerry Branch of Down Symdrome will host an Ice Cream Party at Deenach Lodge this sunday afternoon.:D:D

So when you are finished your walk feel free to drop in

Hey newman10, how did yesterday go?

Did anyone see the new dung catchers over the weekend? They are the tiniest most unobtrusive thing I have ever seen. It's like a bloody sock with a bag at the end. You would think that with all the fuss they were causing it would be a massive thing that would get in the way.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Hey newman10, how did yesterday go?

Regretfully due to the weather we had a poor turnout but that aside we had great PR with 4 local photographers and the Kerry Rose. About 30 families who have someone with DS came and we met a few new people. :cool:

We may try again in 2 weeks weather permiting

• Advertisement

Regretfully due to the weather we had a poor turnout but that aside we had great PR with 4 local photographers and the Kerry Rose. About 30 families who have someone with DS came and we met a few new people. :cool:

We may try again in 2 weeks weather permiting

Yeah the weather turned a day too early. Being honest, you would normally be lucky to see 5 people in total down the demesne walking or jogging in weather like we had on Sunday :).

We are usually guaranteed fine weather around exam-time so ;);) so hopefully in 2weeks again, it's a good idea - an ice-cream party, seriously well done to all involved.

Did anyone see the new dung catchers over the weekend? They are the tiniest most unobtrusive thing I have ever seen. It's like a bloody sock with a bag at the end. You would think that with all the fuss they were causing it would be a massive thing that would get in the way.

yeah I have seen them going back 2weeks now but some are yet to put them on their horses to this day.

By passing by, to me aswell, it doesn't seem obtrusive or hurtful to the horses but I am no expert on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Hello People,

Am heading to killarney tomorrow and would appreciate if someone could help me out.

..................................................................................................

Where in the name of bejusus is Millstreet?

Cheers.

L:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Hello People,

Am heading to killarney tomorrow and would appreciate if someone could help me out.

..................................................................................................

Cheers.

Cork.

Hello People,

Cheers.

Leave Killarney on the Cork Road, the first roundabout you come to, take the first exit (left). It should be signposted for Rathmore and Millstreet. It's about 30 km out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Can anyone tell me if the Caragh resturant is still open in Killarney. Heading down in a few weeks, kids always loved eating there. I know it had closed and had reopened when I was down there two years ago. Is it still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

It's still there. It was closed for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

madrabui wrote: »
    It's still there. It was closed for a while.

Thanks. Kids will be delighted.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Talk about INSANE weekend. Especially Sunday. Was working Sunday night and the managers said it's the busiest they've seen it in about 5 years. But yay I guess!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Talk about INSANE weekend. Especially Sunday. Was working Sunday night and the managers said it's the busiest they've seen it in about 5 years. But yay I guess!

Was working this weekend in a club in Cork and twas quiet all weekend - was expecting Sunday to be up the walls but it seems all the Cork crowd stayed in Killarney so was delighted

• Advertisement

Peaceful weekend in Kerry for bank holiday weekend

Gardai are reporting an exceptionally peaceful bank holiday weekend in Kerry. There were huge crowds in the county for the Listowel Races, Writers' Week, the Killarney BikeFest, and the Munster Semi-Final. There were two charity events - the Emergency Services charity cycle on Saturday and the Ring of Kerry Honda 50 run on Sunday - as well as the World Bodhran Championships in Milltown and the inaugural Kerry Blues Festival in Ballydavid. Apart from some minor scuffles in Milltown on Saturday night, the weekend was free of any major public order disturbances, assaults or road traffic accidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Peaceful weekend in Kerry for bank holiday weekend

Gardai are reporting an exceptionally peaceful bank holiday weekend in Kerry. There were huge crowds in the county for the Listowel Races, Writers' Week, the Killarney BikeFest, and the Munster Semi-Final. There were two charity events - the Emergency Services charity cycle on Saturday and the Ring of Kerry Honda 50 run on Sunday - as well as the World Bodhran Championships in Milltown and the inaugural Kerry Blues Festival in Ballydavid. Apart from some minor scuffles in Milltown on Saturday night, the weekend was free of any major public order disturbances, assaults or road traffic accidents.

LOL

I saw the gaurds in Milltown hand some fella his arse on a platter.

Two more shops in Killarney have decided to close :mad::(:mad::(

Maps & Compass High St
    Junior Dags New St.

Dont know where it is going to end but I feel that the heart has been torn out of our Town. It is another sad day for Family run shops

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Sabrielle

Anyone have any recommendation for accomodation and places to go for a hen night in Killarney?

Two more shops in Killarney have decided to close :mad::(:mad::(

Maps & Compass High St
    Junior Dags New St.

Dont know where it is going to end but I feel that the heart has been torn out of our Town. It is another sad day for Family run shops

I don't think we will see the full extent of the damage until the tourist season slows back again and the Winter months kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,563 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the summer fun fair open?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the summer fun fair open?

It is, spent like €10 trying to win my girlfriend a teddy the other day in pursuit of a false sense of manliness - the kids were on steroids I swear!! :)

I don't think we will see the full extent of the damage until the tourist season slows back again and the Winter months kick in.

Have to agree. I know of 2 more who say that Jan 1st is their deadline and one has made the decision not to renew the lease. Nothing to do with Rents it is just that people are not spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

yeah I have seen them going back 2weeks now but some are yet to put them on their horses to this day.

By passing by, to me aswell, it doesn't seem obtrusive or hurtful to the horses but I am no expert on that.

We drove past the Jarveys this morning and my wife said "There's one there without his bum-bag on"
    A good expression, I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Oliverdog wrote: »
    We drove past the Jarveys this morning and my wife said "There's one there without his bum-bag on"
    A good expression, I thought.

:D Nice one --- me personally would not be looking at horses bums :rolleyes:

Advertisement