Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just back from Killarney with the missus, I loved the place itself, but jaysus it was fair quiet and the feckin rain was non stop! I will have to remember to come on here and ask for a few places to go for drinks, eat etc.. before we go again

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

So whats happening around for the Hallowe'en weekend then? Anything interesting that I should be sure to attend?

Courtney's bar are having a fancy dress tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

kryogen wrote: »
    Just back from Killarney with the missus, I loved the place itself, but jaysus it was fair quiet and the feckin rain was non stop! I will have to remember to come on here and ask for a few places to go for drinks, eat etc.. before we go again

Have a read of this. Matt Cooper was down for the week too.

http://www.examiner.ie/opinion/columnists/matt-cooper/our-kids-are-falling-behind-in-the-one-race-in-life-that-really-matters-134780.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Not trying to spam or anything lads but my usual barber in Killarney is after starting up his own studio where Busy-Bees used to be in town.

It's called Xclusiv and he's a brilliant barber, was in today got a great job done so I'd highly recommend it

Good to see a proper barbershop in the town too because I've always found Killarney on selection

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

newman10 wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know that Deenach Lodge will reopen this Easter under management of Down Syndrome Kerry.:D:D:D

Thanks to all who supported us over the last 2 years and we look forward to welcoming you all back again this year

Mods hope you wont mind me bumping this.

We are now closed for the Winter and I would like to thank anyone who came and visited our Coffee Shop. Hope you had an enjoyable experience and that local people now have a better understanding of what we are trying to achieve

Once again thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

PaulieC wrote: »
    Not trying to spam or anything lads but my usual barber in Killarney is after starting up his own studio where Busy-Bees used to be in town.

It's called Xclusiv and he's a brilliant barber, was in today got a great job done so I'd highly recommend it

Good to see a proper barbershop in the town too because I've always found Killarney on selection

I saw someone handing out flyers outside there alright the last day. What are his prices like and where was he before?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

We are now closed for the Winter and I would like to thank anyone who came and visited our Coffee Shop. Hope you had an enjoyable experience and that local people now have a better understanding of what we are trying to achieve

Once again thank you.

Gosh, it just seems like yesterday that you re-opened. Will you guys be opening at all around Christmas? Their will always be alot of passing trade out walking etc around Christmas and NewYear ;)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Gosh, it just seems like yesterday that you re-opened. Will you guys be opening at all around Christmas? Their will always be alot of passing trade out walking etc around Christmas and NewYear ;)

Regretfully the terms of the lease are from 1st April to 31st October and that is due to the nature of the building. :(

We will be back again next spring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Where exactly is this new Barbers, I dont know where Busy Bees was?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

3 Years ago TODAY I found boards but what I've learned from here, I just can't seem to find the words for ... but this comes close enough:

tumblr_kp5b9ttsJN1qztggxo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

kerry4sam wrote: »
    3 Years ago TODAY I found boards but what I've learned from here, I just can't seem to find the words for ... but this comes close enough:

tumblr_kp5b9ttsJN1qztggxo1_500.jpg
    Happy birthday/anniversary/whatever :)

dmeehan wrote: »
    Where exactly is this new Barbers, I dont know where Busy Bees was?

Between the Chinese on new street and chapel lane (Where subway is) there is a door on a corner. I think there was/is a kids clothes shop downstairs. It's across from gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

So it's here then?

DeepBlue wrote: »
    So it's here then?

Yup, where that pull-down door is. The Busy Bees signage is long gone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

oeb wrote: »
    I saw someone handing out flyers outside there alright the last day. What are his prices like and where was he before?

He was up in Sean taaffes. About 14 squid for a hair cut, good for the quality like. There are some hairdressers in town that dont have a clue or that seem to be unable to use watches as your always waiting for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

He was up in Sean taaffes. About 14 squid for a hair cut, good for the quality like. There are some hairdressers in town that dont have a clue or that seem to be unable to use watches as your always waiting for hours.

Twas €15 the last day for me but I genuinely don't mind paying for it - he had two people waiting after me and he still took a good bit of time to make sure he was doing what I asked for.

I like to get my haircut in a place where it's not a case of "Snip - Snip - NEXT!!!" and you end up with a haircut that's grand - but it's not exactly what you asked for y'know!

I'd highly recommend it anyway - it's about time Killarney had a proper barber tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I usually go to Julies on high st, and donw the lane before they moved. They charge €14.50

Just noticed 2 new Cash for Gold shops in Town.

Sign of the times :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I usually go to Julies on high st, and donw the lane before they moved. They charge €14.50
    charged me a 10er. maybe its cause of my good looks....:D:D

I used to go there but I just dont like that place. The staff seem very strange or something. I just dont like the place. Went to eamon and never looked back. Hes top quality!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

yea...but Eamon could talk for Ireland!! Needs to concentrate on the haircut..less on the football!! Scalped me one day....came out looking looking like Skinhead!! Wouldn't mind...but Skinheads in Killarney are a rare breed!!

Thats what I find about Barbers in general....they get complacent after they get to know you - jus any ol cut with do!! That is why I move around!!

Julies always make a 'damn fine cup of coffee' !! And always have channel 0201 on the Sky Box.. Classic Rock!! Don't mind waiting for a haircut while I can listen to Smoke on the Water!! And read good mags on Tattoos!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Anyone been to Eddie Rockets yet? Was jammers anytime I passed the last few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I haven't been, but my sister was raving about it after she was. I'd imagine its pretty much like any other Eddie Rockets if you have been in any of them.

If not, they're a step up from most other burger places in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 superfives

Hi all,

firstly im new to this site so id like to introduce myself, my name is Donie.

Just looking into getting some work done in the garden, thinking of possibly putting down a deck on the patio, I came across this company, www.backyardbydesign.ie who are based in Killarney. Just wondering if anyone has heard of or dealt with them before and would they be worth contacting?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

anyone know if i could listen to programme aired on radio kerry this morning, it was discussing a case of murder which happened in 1923, i am windering if i could listen to it on net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Was it Kerry today?, between 9 & 11am, you could contact them for more info.

Contact the Programme
    PHONE 066 7123666
    TEXT 083 300 3 300
    E- MAIL kerrytoday@radiokerry.ie

goat2 wrote: »
    anyone know if i could listen to programme aired on radio kerry this morning, it was discussing a case of murder which happened in 1923, i am windering if i could listen to it on net

No I dont think you'll be able to. Radio Kerry dont offer a listen back or podcast service

No I dont think you'll be able to. Radio Kerry dont offer a listen back or podcast service

i was hoping, but hopefully i will be able to find out more

goat2 wrote: »

It was TG4 last nights and the programme dealt with bullying and the murder which you mentioned was used as an example of extreme bullying by a woman

Name of the programme was Idir Mna

http://live.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=Faisneis&content=339769098241

• Advertisement

It was TG4 last nights and the programme dealt with bullying and the murder which you mentioned was used as an example of extreme bullying by a woman

Name of the programme was Idir Mna

http://live.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=Faisneis&content=339769098241

thanks for this, will watch

Advertisement