Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

siblers wrote: »
    Anyone been to Eddie Rockets yet? Was jammers anytime I passed the last few days
    I haven't been, but my sister was raving about it after she was. I'd imagine its pretty much like any other Eddie Rockets if you have been in any of them.

If not, they're a step up from most other burger places in town.

I was there ("Empty Pockets" :D ) last night, and it was busy enough for a Wednesday in November. Burgers are great, chips are, well chips! They have a few good offers like when buying any burger from the menu you can get a combo and add fries and a drink for an extra €3.

I was too stuffed after eating so will have to go back later for my Strawberry Malt

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DennyPa

Is there any good places in Killarney that do good early bird menus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

anyone hear about the fire in the cathedral????
    how it started???
    im in college and cant get much about it on the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 spinnies

goat2 wrote: »
    anyone know if i could listen to programme aired on radio kerry this morning, it was discussing a case of murder which happened in 1923, i am windering if i could listen to it on net

Hi, I have that programme in mp3 format if you want to download it. email me at shanekillarney (at icon here) gmail (dotty) com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 spinnies

superfives wrote: »
    Hi all,

firstly im new to this site so id like to introduce myself, my name is Donie.

Just looking into getting some work done in the garden, thinking of possibly putting down a deck on the patio, I came across this company, www.backyardbydesign.ie who are based in Killarney. Just wondering if anyone has heard of or dealt with them before and would they be worth contacting?

Thanks

Hi, I know about this company, if you're looking to price someting in Kerry then talk to Rory there. He has a lot of experience doing decking etc. for years in america so he should know what he's talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

dmeehan wrote: »
    I was there ("Empty Pockets" :D ) last night, and it was busy enough for a Wednesday in November. Burgers are great, chips are, well chips! They have a few good offers like when buying any burger from the menu you can get a combo and add fries and a drink for an extra €3.

I was too stuffed after eating so will have to go back later for my Strawberry Malt

What time do they open until? Also do they have a takeaway service?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 The Guv

I usually go to Julies on high st, and donw the lane before they moved. They charge €14.50
    Where is Julies exactly? I go to the Turkish Barbers just off Plunkett Street. Nice people and a good cut too. Never waiting very long either.

The Guv wrote: »
    Where is Julies exactly? I go to the Turkish Barbers just off Plunkett Street. Nice people and a good cut too. Never waiting very long either.
    Julies is on High St, at the Market Cross end

Degag wrote: »
    What time do they open until? Also do they have a takeaway service?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eddie+rockets+killarney :D

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

spinnies wrote: »
    Hi, I know about this company, if you're looking to price someting in Kerry then talk to Rory there. He has a lot of experience doing decking etc. for years in america so he should know what he's talking about.

he did a deck for someone i know this year and what a horrible job he did
    joints etc were brutal and he was very expensive . i got a deck done by a guy i know and what a difference in price and quality . can pm number if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Going back to hairdressers (im male btw :P) i go to new strands just below dunnes, €11.50 and it's always friendly and reliable. Used to go to Claude Montes in the square in Tralee but it was hopelessly inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I love ice skating but I wish it wasn't so bloody expensive! €15 for 1 hours...feck sakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I love ice skating but I wish it wasn't so bloody expensive! €15 for 1 hours...feck sakes.

What was it last year? Didn't they cut the prices somewhat last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It was the same I think. I was living in Cork last year and if we got a group of a few people, not even that many, it only cost €7 each! And where my Dad lives in France there is a permanent ice rink...it costs €3 a session and a session is as long as you want! I know it's a permanent one but it just sickens me to pay €15!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Snowglobe10

anyone know whats happening with the shop down new street, Urban? Was in town last week and there was a closing down sale, this morning i went past and its just a plain sale now! are they closing or moving or just taking the micky..

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

AFAIK the shop is due to clos in the mid of Jan unless new lease is agreed. :(Sale is genuine got a pair of cords for €20 :D If you are in the shop ask him. I'm sure he will tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

any snow in killarney,

any snow in killarney,
    Yes, plenty, and even more ice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Yes, plenty, and even more ice.....

what temp is right now, this will have a big effect on businesses

I work in the centre of town and was ok for the way the weather was.

• Advertisement

what temp is right now, this will have a big effect on businesses
    -3 according to the car, but that could be wrong

Yesterday morning it was -10.0 and it was -10.5 this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jamesoc

The snow might be back shortly hoping .

You must either be a plumber or still in school :P

Just heard that The Kingdom newspaper is to close, next weeks edition will be the last. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Just heard that The Kingdom newspaper is to close, next weeks edition will be the last. Ever.

Ohh wow? Really? That's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Yeah heard this aswell ,end of an era!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0113/kingdom_media.html
    The Kingdom newspaper, which is based in Killarney in Co Kerry, is to close with the loss of 11 jobs
    The Kingdom newspaper, which is based in Killarney in Co Kerry, is to close with the loss of 11 jobs.
    The weekly newspaper has been owned by Thomas Crosbie Holdings since 2000.
    Chief executive Tom Murphy said the decision to close the newspaper was taken as a result of the severe economic downturn and falling advertising revenues and circulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

A real shame - way prefer the articles in the Kingdom over the Kerrys eye, especially when it came to sports.

• Advertisement

A great shame, especially as i was a kingdom reader :(
    could never understand how the county had 3 different newspapers anyways

Advertisement