Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Probably a week late but does anyone know where I can get rid of an Xmas tree?
    Thanks in advance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Okay, probably not in the right place. Any help would be apprecaited. My son and I are looking to come to Ireland in June. How can we find out about places to rent for a week? We do not want to go to Dublin, way outter reaches would be best, some where close to the ocean. Would also appreciate any help/advice. We come from Hopedale Massachusetts USA.:confused:

If you wanted somewhere down the kerry way, some place like Dingle might suit you. It's by the sea and still a fair enough sized town. If you are looking for search terms for google, try "Self Catering Dingle"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Okay, probably not in the right place. Any help would be apprecaited. My son and I are looking to come to Ireland in June. How can we find out about places to rent for a week? We do not want to go to Dublin, way outter reaches would be best, some where close to the ocean. Would also appreciate any help/advice. We come from Hopedale Massachusetts USA.:confused:email address:confused:

Yeah I don't think this is posted in the right place at all. I would also advise you edit your own post and delete your e-mail address and ask people to PM you if they have further info that may benefit you.

You say you want to travel to Ireland, so why post in the Killarney thread out of all the places in Ireland, what made you chose this forum? Their is also a more general travel forum where you might reach more views from varying places around Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Probably a week late but does anyone know where I can get rid of an Xmas tree?
    Thanks in advance. :D

Not too late! Town council have an area cordoned off at the Lewis Rd carpark near Arus Padraig. The trees are mulched on site every week or so.

RevBJ

• Registered Users Posts: 31 shane_318is

there are laceys living down the road from me ,, i live 5 miles outside killarney any good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I'm from Killarney :D I live in the big smoke now though, for college!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I'm from Killarney :D I live in the big smoke now though, for college!
    how old are you/did ya go to the sem??

how old are you/did ya go to the sem??

I'm 18 and went to the pres :p

oh, shame on me :D
    what course are you doing??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hello everyone,Whats Killarney like on a Saturday night out these times?Thinking about going on a pub crawl over there

• Advertisement

Hello everyone,Whats Killarney like on a Saturday night out these times?Thinking about going on a pub crawl over there
    Quiet. Very Quiet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I doubt anyone cares but Poxy Records is closing the end of this week.

oh, shame on me :D
    what course are you doing??

Science... don't do it :P
    siblers wrote: »

I have a 20 euro voucher for there that I got as a xmas pressie, couldn't find a single thing in there, it wont be missed that's for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0119/1224287860394.html
    BYLAWS ARE to be introduced to regulate bad busking in Killarney. This follows complaints from office workers and businesses in the town centre of poor playing and monotonous tunes played over and over for up to six hours on screeching instruments.

Killarney town clerk Michael O’Leary said some businesses, all ratepayers, were finding it difficult “to transact business due to the sounds created by the buskers”.

He said there were several complaints to the town hall and the council was being asked to amend the town bylaws.

A meeting of Killarney Town Council heard this was not a request to outlaw busking altogether, particularly if the music was good. It was a complex issue in a tourist town, but the particular difficulty was during the day.

Killarney town councillor John O’Donoghue said a man with a tin whistle was playing the same tune at the same corner every day, and office workers were being driven to the edge of sanity.

He did not know the name of the tune.

“Busking adds to the character of the town, but there’s a big difference between someone playing the same tune for six hours on a tin whistle and busking,” Mr O’Donoghue added. “Anyone in an office would go mad.”

The practice of other cities, particularly Galway, should be examined in Killarney, with certain locations designated as busking sites. “I feel so sorry for businesses who have to put up with this,” he said.

Other councillors described some of the so-called busking taking place in Killarney as “Chinese torture”, nuisance and simply noise.

The council meeting heard that where buskers took on other buskers was the worst scenario of all.

It was claimed there were instances of competition between buskers in Killarney as to who could last the longest and play the loudest.

That made me think of this fella who played the same chords over and over and over on his guitar and went "hellllooooo" to anyone who passed, he was hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

siblers wrote: »
    do you mean all of them? I know the one in Manor West gradually transformed itself into a €2 shop over the month of December :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

That made me think of this fella who played the same chords over and over and over on his guitar and went "hellllooooo" to anyone who passed, he was hilarious :D

Oh I remember him, and his banjo. He always played whilst sitting on a stool outside the Danny Mann on New Street. He had a smile for everyone who passed :) but not one note for the banjo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

dmeehan wrote: »
    do you mean all of them? I know the one in Manor West gradually transformed itself into a €2 shop over the month of December :D

Just Killarney.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Oh I remember him, and his banjo. He always played whilst sitting on a stool outside the Danny Mann on New Street. He had a smile for everyone who passed :) but not one note for the banjo!

Yep, that's him! I gave him a quid once just cause he cracks me up so much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 T O D

Where is that guy with da banjo, i have not seen him in months now, is he still around.

Anyone know what was da story that the kerryman was held back over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

the kerryman was taken back off the selves because they had written an acticle about a fellow up for rape and they put the wrong picture up, can u imagine. the picture they put up was a man <in relation to another story>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The Kingdom wouldn't have done that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

loueuro2 wrote: »
    the kerryman was taken back off the selves because they had written an acticle about a fellow up for rape and they put the wrong picture up, can u imagine
    You sure? I heard he was a very respectable man who would be mortified with the wrongful accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

It's shocking. Can you imagine getting your picture in the paper to do with a rape case just because you share a name with someone? Way to research guys!

And people definatly got the edition with the wrong picture. We have a copy at home.

well now i heard it was a different fellow now, u know the way rumors fly in killarney, so many stories!!!

I thought the Kerryman just went bankrupt :confused:

that was the kingdom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Xclusiv Barber

Sikpupi wrote: »
    yea...but Eamon could talk for Ireland!! Needs to concentrate on the haircut..less on the football!! Scalped me one day....came out looking looking like Skinhead!! Wouldn't mind...but Skinheads in Killarney are a rare breed!!

Thats what I find about Barbers in general....they get complacent after they get to know you - jus any ol cut with do!! That is why I move around!!

Julies always make a 'damn fine cup of coffee' !! And always have channel 0201 on the Sky Box.. Classic Rock!! Don't mind waiting for a haircut while I can listen to Smoke on the Water!! And read good mags on Tattoos!
    hi all from eamonn in xclusiv barber. been readin some very kind posts about me. Had to join and say thank u. Very humbled. Thanks to all and i'm delighted ye seem to love my work which is why i took the step to set up a large barbers on my own .
    hey there sikpupi. Just saw ur post. First up, to clear up the potentially libellous claim of skinning ur head against ur wishes, that certainly wouldn't happen, i am very proud of what i do and took four years setting up a clientele in killarney and making it my home. I am considered one of ireland's top barbers and its a dream come true to be in killarney, I currently hav about 700 regulars who love what i do but i'm genuinely sorry u r unhappy so i invite u for a free haircut. I always aim to giv guys exactly what they want and over cutting someones hair is an absolute no no. Get in touch and ur next cut is free as i'm not happy if ur not happy. By the way The reason i talk for ireland is to make u feel at home, the alternative is to not speak to u at all.

hi all from eamonn in xclusiv barber. been readin some very kind posts about me. Had to join and say thank u. Very humbled. Thanks to all and i'm delighted ye seem to love my work which is why i took the step to set up a large barbers on my own .
    hey there sikpupi. Just saw ur post. First up, to clear up the potentially libellous claim of skinning ur head against ur wishes, that certainly wouldn't happen, i am very proud of what i do and took four years setting up a clientele in killarney and making it my home. I am considered one of ireland's top barbers and its a dream come true to be in killarney, I currently hav about 700 regulars who love what i do but i'm genuinely sorry u r unhappy so i invite u for a free haircut. I always aim to giv guys exactly what they want and over cutting someones hair is an absolute no no. Get in touch and ur next cut is free as i'm not happy if ur not happy. By the way The reason i talk for ireland is to make u feel at home, the alternative is to not speak to u at all.

to add... I totally agree about barbers being complacent. I am not. Perhaps a moderator can clarify whether it is libellous to falsely claim in a thread that i scalped you. And ur not the only skinhead in killarney, i also am a skinhead thanks to genetics. U are incorrect that i and my outstanding work can be grouped wit "barbers in general" and as for concentrating more on football than hair. Eh? But i dunno. I could be wrong. And so could my 700 regular returning clients. I would suggest if u are unhappy u tell ME PERSONALLY rather than anonymously throwing false accusations on a thread. I'm saddened that ur unhappy, get in touch and we'll fix the situation as a thread cant cut ur hair cut i can and if u sikpupi can contact the salon then ur next haircut is on me .

• Advertisement

to add... I totally agree about barbers being complacent. I am not. Perhaps a moderator can clarify whether it is libellous to falsely claim in a thread that i scalped you. And ur not the only skinhead in killarney, i also am a skinhead thanks to genetics. U are incorrect that i and my outstanding work can be grouped wit "barbers in general" and as for concentrating more on football than hair. Eh? But i dunno. I could be wrong. And so could my 700 regular returning clients. I would suggest if u are unhappy u tell ME PERSONALLY rather than anonymously throwing false accusations on a thread. I'm saddened that ur unhappy, get in touch and we'll fix the situation as a thread cant cut ur hair cut i can and if u sikpupi can contact the salon then ur next haircut is on me .

if i might add, again, again... (better put me h*la h**ps down for a sec, bbq flavour fingers! Better put down me football too, and me scissors for a sec i guess) .on the subject of sky. I dont hav sky YET as i spent all my life savings fitting out a five star BARBERS which im on my own in, as i haven't any properly trained senior barbers YET. I wil hav sky when costs allow, if thats of concern. I'm in negotiation to get the best gourmet coffee known to man, as i love my coffee, when overheads will allow, after i've provided for my wife and five young children (true). As for magazines, i hav (always up to date) bizarre, fhm, loaded, Q, four four two, rolling stone, focus, empire, aviation stuff motor stuff political stuff, loads of stuff for the little uns. Happy to clear that up. Laters!

Advertisement