Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Anyone been to the new Social Welfare office...they have moved downstairs and i have to say it is much improved...Sign of the times i Guess ....the welfare office is more welcoming than the Banks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

I might be in town for a few days from thursday if anyone is free for a few pints

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ORACLE2

I am going to car rallies for over 30 yrs and to be fair the majority of people that go to these events go about there own buissness and enjoy watching the sport out in the Country Roads,yes there were some so called yobs around for rally weekend in Killarney and they also go to other rallies as well unfortunately but the majority of spectators at these events are decent enough people,the yob following have no interest in the rally at all, they just drive around the place making noise which gives a good sport a bad name and they are a pure nuisance.
    Regarding the point that was made about the buissness community not benefitting from the rally,well I think this is partly there own fault,some establishments in the town still think that the Celtic Tiger is alive and well,friends of mine who stayed in a house in Sept of last yr got the house back then for a weekend for 340 euro,for rally w/end for the same amount of nights the same house worked out at something like 830 euro,now I think I would sleep in my car as well if I had to pay almost 500 euro extra than what was payed for the same accomodation a short number of months ago,this was just one example of many overcharging issues that was going on over Rally weekend,the buissness community will do a lot better if they are more realistic with what prices they charge,people dont throw away money for everything like they used so whether it is rally weekend or any other weekend for that matter at least if you give people value for money then there might be bit more revenue generated into the town and general area as a result.
    kerry4sam wrote: »
    I'd like to think it would be relatively quiet in comparison to other years. I don't mind the rally all the same. The businesses won't be benefiting as much as I remember last year countless of followers sleeping in their own cars, not having the money to even pay for accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

any excitment coming up in killarney in the next week,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Will their be a championship match on in Killarney this year? Maybe a Munster semi-final?

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »

The HOGS ( bike fest ) will be back in town at the week-end. Just love this event, amazing atmosphere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Will their be a championship match on in Killarney this year? Maybe a Munster semi-final?

They already played tip in the quaters in killarney, they are playing limerick in the semis in limerick, not sure on the munster final if kerry get there. Don't think it's Killarney though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 The Guv

There's a big trad weekend in Faha Court/ Killarney Country Club on Saturday and Sunday.

where is this faha court, what bands are playing is it on all day or just evenings

It's about 10 mins from killarney, go right at the golden nugget in fossa and just carry on up that hill and you'll see it signposted.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FAHA-Court/204522822904199

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    It's about 10 mins from killarney, go right at the golden nugget in fossa and just carry on up that hill and you'll see it signposted.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FAHA-Court/204522822904199
    when coming from cork side, where is this golden negget, looking at facebook page, it looks nice, and alot going on

link did not work, is it tralee or killorglin road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

link did not work, is it tralee or killorglin road
    Link, fixed.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

D'oh, silly x key.

Does anyone know anywhere in Killarney or even Kilorglin that fixes broken screens on phones? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Does anyone know anywhere in Killarney or even Kilorglin that fixes broken screens on phones? Thanks

Kerry Phone Centers :)

anything happening in killarney this coming weekend, hoping to go there

I must say that Killarney is second to none when it comes to the National Park on the stunning evening like today :)

• Advertisement

They already played tip in the quaters in killarney, they are playing limerick in the semis in limerick, not sure on the munster final if kerry get there. Don't think it's Killarney though.
    anything happening in killarney this coming weekend, hoping to go there

- Munster-Final this coming Sunday 3rd July in Fitzgeralds' Stadium in Killarney - snr match Kerry-v-Cork.

- Killarney Lake Regatta is on Sunday 3rd July also.

- The RadioKerry Ring of Kerry cycle is on Saturday 2nd July.

brilliant to see events going on, hope to get to regatta, is that held near golf club on killarney , killorglin road, hoping the weather is favourable

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Will be in killarney for few days next week anyone reccomend a beach within reasonable driving distance. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

rossbeigh and inch both 20 to 25 miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Just wondering how come ticket sales for the Munster final Cork V Kerry this Sunday are only on sales between 10 to 4.30...... MOn Tue and Thurs,,,.how can people who work these hours manage to get tickets at all....Or Does anyone know of other times......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Just wondering how come ticket sales for the Munster final Cork V Kerry this Sunday are only on sales between 10 to 4.30...... MOn Tue and Thurs,,,.how can people who work these hours manage to get tickets at all....Or Does anyone know of other times......

Arent they selling them out in supervalue??

I got mine through the crokes tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 T O D

Ya tickets were only on sale on monday nite, would advise keeping a ear to Kerry Radio sports news during the day as they would have updates, also you can buy tickets from ticketmaster outlets, the INEC in Killarney is such a outlet, not sure where else in Kerry. Finally the ticket van is going round to Supervalu shops, see this link from Kerry GAA website. http://www.kerrygaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2207:munster-gaa-ticket-van-itiniary&catid=67:tickets&Itemid=100017.

The person asking about the regatta, ya it held AT Killarney Golf Club, out the Killorglin road is right.

To a completely different topic, does anybody know what pubs in Killarney showing the David Haye fight on Saturday nite.

Ya tickets were only on sale on monday nite, would advise keeping a ear to Kerry Radio sports news during the day as they would have updates, also you can buy tickets from ticketmaster outlets, the INEC in Killarney is such a outlet, not sure where else in Kerry. Finally the ticket van is going round to Supervalu shops, see this link from Kerry GAA website. http://www.kerrygaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2207:munster-gaa-ticket-van-itiniary&catid=67:tickets&Itemid=100017
    The person asking about the regatta, ya it held AT Killarney Golf Club, out the Killorglin road is right.

To a completely different topic, does anybody know what pubs in Killarney showing the David Haye fight on Saturday nite.

For some reason all that link from the Kerry GAA website wont go on my last message, so here this is where the ticket van will be visiting suervalu shops, it says only terrace tickets are available via the Ticket Van as the Stand is sold out

Wednesday 29th June

• 10.30am to 1.30pm : Garveys Supervalu Convent Street, Listowel
    • 2.30pm to 5.30pm : Garveys SuperValu, Rock Street, Tralee.
    • Evening : Garveys SuperValu, Rock Street,Tralee.
    Thursday 30th June
    • 10.30am to 1.30pm: Walshs Supervalu , Valentia Road ,Caherciveen
    • 2.30pm to 5.30pm : Keanes Supervalu, Iveragh Road , Killorglin
    • Evening : Keanes Supervalu, Iveragh Road, Killorglin
    Saturday 2nd July:
    • 10.30am to 1.30pm : Garveys SuperValu, Rock Street Tralee.
    • 2.30pm to 5.30pm : Garveys SuperValu, Church Street, Castleisland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

T O D wrote: »
    Ya tickets were only on sale on monday nite, would advise keeping a ear to Kerry Radio sports news during the day as they would have updates, also you can buy tickets from ticketmaster outlets, the INEC in Killarney is such a outlet, not sure where else in Kerry. Finally the ticket van is going round to Supervalu shops, see this link from Kerry GAA website. http://www.kerrygaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2207:munster-gaa-ticket-van-itiniary&catid=67:tickets&Itemid=100017

At a guess.... McSorelys, maybe Kellys Korner, possibly Jades, Mustangs, maybe even Charlie Foleys or the Tatler. But i don't really know.

Advertisement