Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

newman10 wrote: »
    Still waiting;)

I knew you would be :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Hello gentlefolk :)
    Instead of starting a new thread,I thought Id ask in here.
    Just got tickets for Simple Minds tomorrow night. Hostel sorted For 44euro for 2 (auld wans :D)
    So what I want to ask is..where can we go for a few scoops after the concert. Any late bars that dont cost a fortune?? (Not niteclubs)
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

chucken1 wrote: »
    Hello gentlefolk :)
    Instead of starting a new thread,I thought Id ask in here.
    Just got tickets for Simple Minds tomorrow night. Hostel sorted For 44euro for 2 (auld wans :D)
    So what I want to ask is..where can we go for a few scoops after the concert. Any late bars that dont cost a fortune?? (Not niteclubs)
    Thanks in advance.
    MacSorleys is probably your best bet for a late bar but on a weekend it'll have live music which is always really loud - great smoking area though!

Is that geared towards younger folk though? We're in our 40s. Can deal with noise but not thump thump ;)
    How late do they stay open?

EDIT.. Just reading about Mustang Sallys. Any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

chucken1 wrote: »
    Is that geared towards younger folk though? We're in our 40s. Can deal with noise but not thump thump ;)
    How late do they stay open?

EDIT.. Just reading about Mustang Sallys. Any good??

Once you leave your 20's your probably too old for mustang sallys;)....also you'd need a stomach made of iron,seriously though i wouldnt recommend that place to anyone.im in my mid 30's and find mcsorleys a great spot for late pints, they stay open til around 2.30ish,the tatler jack is also a popular late bar.the grand bar is ok but will probably charge to go in.The crypt and Danny mann are nite clubs(havnt been to these for years:confused:)
    The weekend thats in it though everywhere is going to be crazy,i'd say find somewhere comfortable and sit tight:D
    Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Good folks in Killarney, are there any internet cafes there?

Once you leave your 20's your probably too old for mustang sallys;)....also you'd need a stomach made of iron,seriously though i wouldnt recommend that place to anyone.im in my mid 30's and find mcsorleys a great spot for late pints, they stay open til around 2.30ish,the tatler jack is also a popular late bar.the grand bar is ok but will probably charge to go in.The crypt and Danny mann are nite clubs(havnt been to these for years:confused:)
    The weekend thats in it though everywhere is going to be crazy,i'd say find somewhere comfortable and sit tight:D
    Enjoy

:DMaybe we'll go to Mustangs then..show them young wans how its done :pac:

Thanks for the info. I suppose getting in anywhere will be a bonus! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Good folks in Killarney, are there any internet cafes there?

There is one in Plunkett Street and in the newsagents opposite Walsh Footwear in New St

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

newman10 wrote: »
    There is one in Plunkett Street and in the newsagents opposite Walsh Footwear in New St

Thanks, I'll make my way there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

spent a week in killarney last week, love the place, the lakes, the waterfalls, muckross, the gleneagle, ross castle, feck all foreigners - more spanish students on the streets than yanks, great holiday spot from this meathman

• Advertisement

Well folks,I said Id check in to let ye know we had a fantastic time in Killarney last night. As it turned out we didnt even want a pub after the concert...we were wrecked :o

Had a few drinks before hand in a pub called Taylors (I think)
    Very friendly staff and locals..a home away from home ;)

We were a bit afraid that food and drink would be overpriced but Im delighted to say they were'nt. Cheaper than here (another tourist town..with no tourists)

Anyway we loved it so much,we have just booked the Hostel again for St Patricks weekend for 115 euro!!!!(Private Room) :D

Great town and lovely people :)

Many thanks to the dirt-bag who took my jacket in murphys last night,it had my keys and inhaler in the pocket:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LAM89

ok ive just started working in killarney and im looking for a nice place with parking where i can have lunch. im already sick of Mcdonalds :D

Helloo,

Go out to the Killarney Oaks out the Muckross RD. Two minutes from the town and the food is yum!:D

Great craic over the weekend - we should try to have more live music on the streets for the duration of the summer me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LAM89

PaulieC wrote: »
    Great craic over the weekend - we should try to have more live music on the streets for the duration of the summer me thinks.

Like your man dressed as an ELF banging on a drum while playing a violin while putting on a puppet show with cut outs of the teletubbies, Elvis and Marilyn Monroe?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Does anyone know where the Social Welfare office is in Killarney? Their website points it to being on Beech Road but there's nothing where its pointed at?

kaji wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the Social Welfare office is in Killarney? Their website points it to being on Beech Road but there's nothing where its pointed at?

hey, answered here for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 colinslade

Hey, what kind of a place is the Laune Bar, trying to organise a party and this place was recommended, more of a pub than a resteraunt (which is what IM looking for)? Decent, non rough, crowd?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

colinslade wrote: »
    Hey, what kind of a place is the Laune Bar, trying to organise a party and this place was recommended, more of a pub than a resteraunt (which is what IM looking for)? Decent, non rough, crowd?

thanks

Not been in there in a long time myself, but I did the door there a few times during busy periods (Paddy's day, Rally of the Lakes etc) once apon a time, and there was never any trouble there. All the regulars there were all decent folks.

colinslade wrote: »

thanks

Its perfect for a party,plenty of room in there,nice beer,good staff and decent food,you dont get a rough crowd in there,its more a bar that gets people in their 30's and 40's....i had the grub for my stag in there a few years ago when it was half pub/half restaurant,they dont do much food these days except for finger food and the like but they would cater for you any way im sure;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 colinslade

Its perfect for a party,plenty of room in there,nice beer,good staff and decent food,you dont get a rough crowd in there,its more a bar that gets people in their 30's and 40's....i had the grub for my stag in there a few years ago when it was half pub/half restaurant,they dont do much food these days except for finger food and the like but they would cater for you any way im sure;)

Thanks Lads, sound like what im looking for!

live music? Crikey, I would settle for pre-recorded music played out over the speakers that only seem to be used twice/maybe three times a year! The music does add to the atmosphere around the streets.

Does not look at all likely though :(

kerry4sam wrote: »
    live music? Crikey, I would settle for pre-recorded music played out over the speakers that only seem to be used twice/maybe three times a year! The music does add to the atmosphere around the streets.

Does not look at all likely though :(
    I know and it's really annoying - Killarney's set up well to be a pedestrian town - the streets are narrow enough to create a real atmosphere for street entertainment/arts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Has the doctor's office, with Dr Coffey and Dr Mangan to name a couple, been moved? If so, where? Thanks :)

Has the doctor's office, with Dr Coffey and Dr Mangan to name a couple, been moved? If so, where? Thanks :)

The doctors have moved up to the Reeks, at the Tralee road round-about.
    @ Killarney Primary Care Centre, Reeks Gateway, Rock Road Killarney.

I know and it's really annoying - Killarney's set up well to be a pedestrian town - the streets are narrow enough to create a real atmosphere for street entertainment/arts

It sure is. The town council keep talking about the shoppers needed for Killarney, but won't even do something as straight-forward as play music to keep people in around the town; to help with the atmosphere. At least the traffic-wardens seem to have eased off, so that's something!

kerry4sam wrote: »
    It sure is. The town council keep talking about the shoppers needed for Killarney, but won't even do something as straight-forward as play music to keep people in around the town; to help with the atmosphere. At least the traffic-wardens seem to have eased off, so that's something!
    Funny you mention it - saw a traffic warden in town today for the first time in ages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Anyone recommend a good Dental Hygenist in Killarney???

Someone who:

1. Wont chew the B..ls off me for not flossing!!!!
    2. Will encourage me to come back more frequent by treating me with kindness
    3. Wont try his re-enactment of The Marathon Man on me
    4. Wont make me cry.........

Someone gentle and good humoured! And understands that 'I want to do better' and will do so with kindness!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hello, does anyone know of any place in Killarney (or anywhere else for that matter) where I can get a vacum cleaner repaired?

I don't know of any dentists in Killarney, but the dentists in Milltown (2 sisters) were really friendly when I went to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Would recommend Trisha the dental hygienist..she works every friday in David Fuller surgery... Lewis road , Have been attending Trish for years now and because of her i now have to courage to go to the dentist for a check up....Suffered from a major fear of dentist from child hood ..No more tears......

Advertisement