Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

Heading to Killarney for 3 nights this week where's the best place for live music

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Depending on what type of music you would like..A Lot of Bars in town have live music this time of yr ..mostly Trad.....weekends especially....The Grand hotel have a Trad session every night and then a live band until 1.30 mostly rock....Also check out Mc Sorleys bar in College St.. this is a late bar...very good smoking area and age group is mixed...they really are so many to choose from..in Killarney this time of year we are spoilt for choice....Also Scotts Hotel and then of course check out who is playing in the INEC or the Glen eagle...2 miles from town....

Thanks Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Does anyone know where it is?
    Contact details etc.
    The article in the kerryeye last thurs was not much help :o

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Fish Pedicure location is in high street , beside the Crock of Gold bar..Dont have any other details ,

• Advertisement

was down there last week it was due to open this week

where are you staying Eoin

not sure where that is, but just across from Scotts hotel is a tiny roundabout, if you come up past Scotts take a left at the roundabout the car park is on your right 3euros for 24hours pay at the meter over on the left, it will say 24hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

eoinymc wrote: »
    Cheers next..

What kind of a car park is it, if you don't mind me asking?

Is it covered? or just out in the open? Is there anyone manning it during the night?

Cheers,

Eoin

It's open and unguarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

eoinymc wrote: »
    Hi guys,

myself and a few of my friends are heading down to Kerry this week to cycle the Beara Peninsula.

We are starting and finishing in Killarney.

We were going to get the train from Dublin, but it's €75 return each, which is a rip off....I could fly to London for less!..I won't rant about irish rail here though..

We are not thinking about driving down, but need to park 1 car from tomorrow evening until Sunday afternoon. Does anyone know if there is any car park that provides this facility in Killarney?

Cheers,

Eoin

There is a covered underground carpark here.

• Advertisement

open and unguarded I left mine there last week had no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Hi all..Just wondering where would you recommend for horse riding trails in Killarney, heading there nxt wk and hoping to go for a trek. Thanks in advance for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Does anyone know where it is?
    Contact details etc.
    The article in the kerryeye last thurs was not much help :o
    Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Fish Pedicure location is in high street , beside the Crock of Gold bar..Dont have any other details ,
    next wrote: »
    was down there last week it was due to open this week

Happi Feet are now open in Killarney, 20 High Street, above the 'Crock o Gold' pub.

They have an intro offer of 10euros for 15mins and open at 10am mon-sat and 2pm sunday. You can email happifeet@live.ie or phone on 087-3642564.

Just the info I have to hand for anybody interested. I have to say I did enjoy this :)

/I bumped the fish pedicure thread here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jimmydec

Wonderful news re heading the litter free survey well done to everyone who had anything to do with helping out- the town looks fantastic lets all hope we do really well in the tidy towns competition , I think we hear about that next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nousernames

Anyone know anything about the Dentist at the back of Super Value Dr. Nik Nomikos? or heard any good/ bad reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Congratulations to all on the Tidy towns success :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

when ever i go to killarney and walk its streets, i always enjoy my time there, flower displays that cannot be beaten, and parks that are heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kylemore56

goat2 wrote: »
    when ever i go to killarney and walk its streets, i always enjoy my time there, flower displays that cannot be beaten, and parks that are heaven

I,ve just spent the week here with my family and i agree totally:D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Has anyone ever done an evening course at Killarney Community College? I wanna do the Sign Language one but am unsure if they're accredited, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

kaji wrote: »
    Has anyone ever done an evening course at Killarney Community College? I wanna do the Sign Language one but am unsure if they're accredited, etc.

Killarney Community College is registered with FETAC , however,

This has the sign-language listed as level1 & level 1 according to this is "Level 1 qualifications recognise basic knowledge and skills and the ability to apply learning with guidance or supervision. Learning at this level is about activities which mostly relate to everyday situations and may be linked to job competence.".

Hope you enjoy the course though if you go ahead and apply :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Anyone know of any evening classes starting up in Killarney? Had a look at Killarney Community College's website and they've loads, but just wondering if there are any on elsewhere. Living in Killarney for 2 years now and want to an evening class or two, to integrate a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Killarney had a good buzz around this Sunday night, Loads of Kerry and Dublin supporters around and a good atmosphere.;)
    The place was booming:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Has anyone tried out the new fish and chip shop in town? Supposed to be handsome. Think it's run by Quinlans.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Degag wrote: »
    Has anyone tried out the new fish and chip shop in town? Supposed to be handsome. Think it's run by Quinlans.

Tried it during the summer, fish was great but the chips left a lot to be desired. Will go back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Degag wrote: »

Wherabouts in Killarney is it ? and does it do the proper chips ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Robxxx7 wrote: »

Near the 98, across from Keanes jewelers.

(And no idea)

I heard it does homemade chips but they're not made in-house. (you'll have to sort that particular irony out yourself;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

... and does it do the proper chips ?
    what exactly are proper chips? :D

dmeehan wrote: »
    what exactly are proper chips? :D
    Ones that are cooked at least 2 if not 3 times IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed any time they go into a certain Supervalu shop in Killarney(better not name it)
    I promised myself a long time ago i wouldnt go in there again,i had noticed several times that a certain petrol pump attendant never actually did anything (except sit on the fridge reading the paper).but one particularly wet/wild night a really old lady,she was easily 80+ waited in her car to get petrol while this guy sat reading the advertiser and looked out at the wild weather,eventually she got out to do it herself,he still didnt go out...it broke my heart to let him off but i couldnt watch the woman struggle so i put it in for her.
    That was a few months ago and the little sh*t was there again this evening chatting to his mates,laughing away,having the crack,while people were queing to pay,get petrol,coal etc
    Just sorry i'm too quiet to tell the waster to get up off his arse instead of letting off steam here:o
    I've also noticed other members of staff there seem to have attitude problems.
    Dont get me wrong, the majority of staff there are very good and helpful,it's just a certain few that crack me up:mad:
    anyway rant over....
    had to get that off my chest:p

Advertisement