Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed any time they go into a certain Supervalu shop in Killarney(better not name it)
    I promised myself a long time ago i wouldnt go in there again,i had noticed several times that a certain petrol pump attendant never actually did anything (except sit on the fridge reading the paper).but one particularly wet/wild night a really old lady,she was easily 80+ waited in her car to get petrol while this guy sat reading the advertiser and looked out at the wild weather,eventually she got out to do it herself,he still didnt go out...it broke my heart to let him off but i couldnt watch the woman struggle so i put it in for her.
    That was a few months ago and the little sh*t was there again this evening chatting to his mates,laughing away,having the crack,while people were queing to pay,get petrol,coal etc
    Just sorry i'm too quiet to tell the waster to get up off his arse instead of letting off steam here:o
    I've also noticed other members of staff there seem to have attitude problems.
    Dont get me wrong, the majority of staff there are very good and helpful,it's just a certain few that crack me up:mad:
    anyway rant over....
    had to get that off my chest:p

Are you sure they are petrol attendants? Because I know they have security guards there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed any time they go into a certain Supervalu shop in Killarney(better not name it)
    I promised myself a long time ago i wouldnt go in there again,i had noticed several times that a certain petrol pump attendant never actually did anything (except sit on the fridge reading the paper).but one particularly wet/wild night a really old lady,she was easily 80+ waited in her car to get petrol while this guy sat reading the advertiser and looked out at the wild weather,eventually she got out to do it herself,he still didnt go out...it broke my heart to let him off but i couldnt watch the woman struggle so i put it in for her.
    That was a few months ago and the little sh*t was there again this evening chatting to his mates,laughing away,having the crack,while people were queing to pay,get petrol,coal etc
    Just sorry i'm too quiet to tell the waster to get up off his arse instead of letting off steam here:o
    I've also noticed other members of staff there seem to have attitude problems.
    Dont get me wrong, the majority of staff there are very good and helpful,it's just a certain few that crack me up:mad:
    anyway rant over....
    had to get that off my chest:p
    oeb wrote: »
    Are you sure they are petrol attendants? Because I know they have security guards there too.

no, it's not just you chalkie. I refuse to shop there now. Always, always use Topaz opposite old torc for petrol & plenty other pharmacies around too.

If you see me there, you'll know it's a last resort. You'll prob be able to tell that anyways from my stance & dead-pan expression :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Cheers everyone for finding out where the chipper is .... by proper chips i mean the real chipper chips rather than the fries most of the other fast food outlets sell

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

No,this guy is supposed to be a petrol pump attendant,
    God help us all if he's a security guard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Can anyone give a bit more info about this petrol station without giving it away? What's it near etc?

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Can anyone give a bit more info about this petrol station without giving it away? What's it near etc?

... there is only one SuperValue in Killarney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Well Killarney people, heading down your neck of the woods thursday, been a good few times and enjoy it immensely, would someone mark my cards on a good restaurant, that doesn't charge ridiculous prices,(like a certain Italian) and a good walk, (done Muckross Torc )

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Well Killarney people, heading down your neck of the woods thursday, been a good few times and enjoy it immensely, would someone mark my cards on a good restaurant, that doesn't charge ridiculous prices,(like a certain Italian) and a good walk, (done Muckross Torc )

I agree with you on the certain Italian,got caught by them myself once:mad:
    Unfortunately a lot of Killarneys restaurants are still charging through the nose but a personal favourite of mine would be the Bombay palace on College st,if you like Indian food that is?
    people are always singing the praises of Treyvauds in High st,i've never been there myself so cant comment.
    As for a good walk,try the gap of Dunloe or the Demense.
    Enjoy your visit:)

I agree with you on the certain Italian,got caught by them myself once:mad:
    Unfortunately a lot of Killarneys restaurants are still charging through the nose but a personal favourite of mine would be the Bombay palace on College st,if you like Indian food that is?
    people are always singing the praises of Treyvauds in High st,i've never been there myself so cant comment.
    As for a good walk,try the gap of Dunloe or the Demense.
    Enjoy your visit:)

I'm one of the ones always singing the praises of it in here, best restaurant in town by a long shot. It's pricy enough though (but totally worth it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I'm one of the ones always singing the praises of it in here, best restaurant in town by a long shot. It's pricy enough though (but totally worth it)

I have eaten there and it is very good, his brother Frank has a place in Waterford. Thanks for the info

• Advertisement

Interesting thread going in AH about that pay-as-you-please restaurant

linky here :)

I'd just like to make the point that if you're parking your car in or around Killarney, that you park it in designated spots and not actually ON foot-paths blocking said foot-paths for pedestrians.

Be Great. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I'd just like to make the point that if you're parking your car in or around Killarney, that you park it in designated spots and not actually ON foot-paths blocking said foot-paths for pedestrians.

Be Great. Thanks!
    Where-abouts exactly? Killarney's a balls for getting a space sometimes....would love to see an additional level put up at the Tesco Car Park tbh....were it affordable which it surely isn't :(

Be Great. Thanks!

+1
    dont get me started on people parking illegally in designated wheelchair spots:mad:
    i'd love to tow the offending cars away

+1
    dont get me started on people parking illegally in designated wheelchair spots:mad:
    i'd love to tow the offending cars away

yeah on a fine day, it's not as much of a problem but on a rainy day ...

It's not just wheel-chair spots though but if everyone done their job though in moving the cars along in situations like this, it wouldn't be as bad.

2hrs sleep heading into an 8hr shift is not good enough! If those damn boy-racers are not kept at bay tonight, their will be words! Back into work at 7am in the morning & again Monday. I need more than 2hrs sleep a night! They have to be toned down by somebody! Surely, someone is capable of doing something with them!

surely :rolleyes:

2hrs sleep heading into an 8hr shift is not good enough! If those damn boy-racers are not kept at bay tonight, their will be words! Back into work at 7am in the morning & again Monday. I need more than 2hrs sleep a night! They have to be toned down by somebody! Surely, someone is capable of doing something with them!

Ya, it's pretty desperate alright, I'm down by Flesk Grove, and a couple of weekends ago, I stayed in on a Saturday night. I could hear them racing up and down the Flesk Road and doing doughnuts and that till about 5am.

Ya, it's pretty desperate alright, I'm down by Flesk Grove, and a couple of weekends ago, I stayed in on a Saturday night. I could hear them racing up and down the Flesk Road and doing doughnuts and that till about 5am.

I've been told about that. The by-pass is gone beyond a joke at night also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

kerry4sam
    rookie Reserve
    white_star_4.gif

Disney_-_Robin.gif?v=1

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Garda Reserve Recruitment --- ask these guys to help !

dh0661 wrote: »
    kerry4sam
    rookie Reserve
    white_star_4.gif

Disney_-_Robin.gif?v=1

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Garda Reserve Recruitment --- ask these guys to help !

It seems they must've been 'too busy' in Killarney to do anything about the boy-racers until now. The boy-racers seemed to be able to do what-ever they wanted. Lastnight though, not one ounce of noise outta them.

Thanks to who-ever in Killarney finally decided to do something! I just hope the peace at night lasts now though.
    The peace & quiet lastnight was much appreciated though, so thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

A few idiots driving around the place is hardly a high priority policing matter,
    Even if it was it just ends up as a game of cat and mouse.
    I would much rather Guards to be on the street dealing with public order.

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    A few idiots driving around the place is hardly a high priority policing matter,

Right, that's your opinion and I accept that :)

My opinion and experience however, is different to yours.

Thanks for replying though,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

CB19Kevo wrote: »

And other issues that are quietly being moved out of the Town Crentre :mad:

newman10 wrote: »
    And other issues that are quietly being moved out of the Town Crentre :mad:

I hear ya newman10!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

Sorry for changing the subject folks but does anyone know a good plasterer in Killarney?

One can very easily notice the difference around Killarney, so well done to all involved there. Their is some re-assuring news in this report & I'm in no doubt that the increases mentioned here will be reduced dramatically.

from radiokerry.ie :
    07 Oct 2011
    44% increase in cases of assault causing harm in Killarney

There has been a 44% increase in the number of cases of assault causing harm in Killarney, in the 6 month period from April to October this year compared to the same period in 2010.
    That's according the Chief Superintendent Michael O'Donovan of Killarney Garda Station, who revealed the figures at this week's meeting of the Joint Policing Committee in Killarney.
    Chief Superintendent O'Donovan described the increase in the number of cases of assault causing harm as a major concern.
    He said these assaults are mainly alcohol fueled and take place in licensed premises or on the street.
    Overall crimes against the person in Killarney were down 7 % on the same 6 month period last year.
    Instances of criminal damage also saw a decrease of 13%, with public order offences seeing the most noticeable decrease of 25%.
    However drunkenness offences increased by 6% and criminal damage saw an increase of 14%.
    Drugs and weapons offences saw a 60% decrease, with arrests in relation to the cultivation, possession for sale or supply and personal use of drugs all reduced.

I'm soon to be a Kerryman once again! After two years in Cork, I'm finally moving home =)

I'm soon to be a Kerryman once again! After two years in Cork, I'm finally moving home =)

Welcome back to Killarney full-time! I bet you will miss Cork though. :confused:

Cork just takes me over, tis like home from home everytime I return there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Can anyone advice me where to begin to look for work experience,At present i am attending a Fas course studying ECDL / and a Receptionist skills course, My course ends in March and I have to find work experience from Febuary 13th to March 8th...to be honest i find this daunting but It will be a step in the right direction to getting confidence to return to the work force,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

One can very easily notice the difference around Killarney, so well done to all involved there. Their is some re-assuring news in this report & I'm in no doubt that the increases mentioned here will be reduced dramatically.

from radiokerry.ie :
    07 Oct 2011
    44% increase in cases of assault causing harm in Killarney

There has been a 44% increase in the number of cases of assault causing harm in Killarney, in the 6 month period from April to October this year compared to the same period in 2010.
    That's according the Chief Superintendent Michael O'Donovan of Killarney Garda Station, who revealed the figures at this week's meeting of the Joint Policing Committee in Killarney.
    Chief Superintendent O'Donovan described the increase in the number of cases of assault causing harm as a major concern.
    He said these assaults are mainly alcohol fueled and take place in licensed premises or on the street.
    Overall crimes against the person in Killarney were down 7 % on the same 6 month period last year.
    Instances of criminal damage also saw a decrease of 13%, with public order offences seeing the most noticeable decrease of 25%.
    However drunkenness offences increased by 6% and criminal damage saw an increase of 14%.
    Drugs and weapons offences saw a 60% decrease, with arrests in relation to the cultivation, possession for sale or supply and personal use of drugs all reduced.

Is this for real:mad::mad:

Advertisement