Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

newman10 wrote: »

Is this for real:mad::mad:

Don't get me started on those stats!

Yes though, that is for real according to the broadcaster RadioKerry and their research and information provided to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

I really can not believe thoses stats, I have to agree with Kerry4sam. 60% decrease in Drugs and Weapons, that does not mean that the drug problem in Kllarney has decreased, only less convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    I really can not believe thoses stats, I have to agree with Kerry4sam. 60% decrease in Drugs and Weapons, that does not mean that the drug problem in Kllarney has decreased, only less convictions.

Because there is no Garda presence where drugs are being sold in an open and blatent fashion

Just heard a new retail outlet is coming to town with the possibility of 10 - 15 jobs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just heard a new retail outlet is coming to town with the possibility of 10 - 15 jobs. :D
    Always good news - hopefully it'll do well

Anybody know is anything in the pipeline for Pennys old outlet - I've always thought it'd be a great place for a late bar, chilled music and over 21s because there's a huge market for an over 21s place in Killarney imo

• Advertisement

Anybody know is anything in the pipeline for Pennys old outlet -

New Retail Outlet ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

New Retail Outlet ;);)
    Dammit I wanted a late bah!! :pac:

Oh well we'll have to make do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

PaulieC wrote: »
    Dammit I wanted a late bah!! :pac:

Oh well we'll have to make do :D

Yeah,a late bar where you can drink a pint that wont poison you:p
    unlike(i wont mention names)the existing late bars,
    the Duggans own that building and they would have a bar license from o'mearas
    so heres hoping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

anyone been in Mcsorelys lately? you can't smoke in there cool smoking area anymore, you must go into little rooms off the side of it!!

anyone been in Mcsorelys lately? you can't smoke in there cool smoking area anymore, you must go into little rooms off the side of it!!

yeah,seen that alright
    apparently the HSE or some health and safety officials paid them a visit,
    dont see those little smoking rooms lasting too long either,imagine trying to squeeze into one of them on a saturday night with 40 0r 50 other people puffing away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Have no idea how it was ever considered a smoking area, same with how they always get away with staying open till about half 3.

siblers wrote: »
    Have no idea how it was ever considered a smoking area, same with how they always get away with staying open till about half 3.

What's worse is that they're not alone with their closing hours either :mad:

New Retail Outlet ;);)

Nice to have some positive news about Killarney :)

imagine trying to squeeze into one of them on a saturday night with 40 0r 50 other people puffing away!

ah sure the smoking room in the night club itself is huge.. is it something to do with not being allowed to serve drink in smoking areas? very impressive renovations but now a waste of money really! yeah the afterhours there is pretty scandolous!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

In all fairness the door staff in Mcsorleys have good control of the crowd and its a place that does not tolerate much crap from customers.
    Or at least thats my view on it,
    Theres a few other bars in town without late licence that should be tightned up though.

That smoking area was great on the quiter nights but it could have done with more industrial ventilation units when the place was packed...

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Maybe it is time to review licence hours again...and maybe a certain % of bars may stay open legally until 3am...or in certain venues in this town until sun rise....That way at least people who have to work unsocial hours can at least choose to go out and unwind ..I think every town in this country have a bar that have lock ins...and every dog in the street knows it....

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Maybe it is time to review licence hours again...and maybe a certain % of bars may stay open legally until 3am...or in certain venues in this town until sun rise....That way at least people who have to work unsocial hours can at least choose to go out and unwind ..I think every town in this country have a bar that have lock ins...and every dog in the street knows it....

That would be great if bars could stay open later, However i cant see it happening and it has not been all rosey in the garden with the 24hr licencing in the UK.
    having everyone flung on the streets at 3am cant be wise though:rolleyes:

I've a hen party coming up in a few weeks in Killarney. If anyone would like to send me on any tips or advice either here on via pm, t'wud be nice. Any and all advice would be welcomed by me :)

It wouldn't be one of the usual hen-parties that make their way to Killarney i.e. nothing cheap or tacky ;):D

Cheers in advance,

It's in the outlook today, a new supermarket chain called 'dealz' going into the old Penneys, weird place for a supermarket? considering parking etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

new bar opening in killarney and i guarantee it will be another late bar :D

• Advertisement

ciaeim wrote: »
    new bar opening in killarney and i guarantee it will be another late bar :D

Cool,where is it going to be?
    havnt seen or heard anything
    the town really needs another bar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Smoking areas have to have at least 50% open space according to the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 The Guv

Cool,where is it going to be?
    havnt seen or heard anything
    the town really needs another bar!!!
    Heard this aswell. Is that electrical place next to the Tatler closed down? If so in there. Pat Sheehan bought it apparently.

The Guv wrote: »
    Heard this aswell. Is that electrical place next to the Tatler closed down? If so in there. Pat Sheehan bought it apparently.

I heard the same, Tatler won't be happy about this, if it is true!

Does Killarney really need another Pub/Club/Disco. :confused:

New retailers in the Town would be much more beneficial imo

Does Killarney really need another Pub/Club/Disco. :confused:

Killarney is not that far from the point of no-return now so what's another challenge for the town; what's difference is another bar going to make?!

We do need another social outlet for people in Killarney for sure - if this will be different, in some way to what's already on offer for people, then maybe it might work. I don't know :rolleyes:

It would be a great location but is there really that much space in that permisis?

Absolutely stunning fresh Autumn evening for a jog down the Demesne. Jeez, their is some sound though when the stags start bellowing in the distance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sundaysnoozer

hi,
    The unit next door to the tatler (used to be electrical shop) is pat sheehans and his daughter is taking it over as a new tapas restaurant and bar so licence needed for that! a nice tapas place could do killarney good! yummy tapas and nice wine super in my book! ++ anything that creates jobs is always a +:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Dealz (owned by English group Poundworld) are opening up in the old Penny's store. They are a discount retailer, somewhere in between Lidl/Aldi and the plethora of €2 shops from what I gather. Website: http://www.dealz.ie

Advertisement