Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

siblers wrote: »
    Does anyone know where in Killarney I could get poster frames? Or even framed posters/photos etc at reasonble prices?

Try in heatons or homebase, failing that there's a frame place in the in the innisfallon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Argos have a limited selection in their catalogue as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lovely, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Does anyone know if Torc View or Trants dentists would be open around 4pm tomorrow or if they both close at 1pm :confused:

or even any dentist open around 4pm tomorrow in Killarney would be great

kerry4sam ain't happy right now :(
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

dentists' are always closed when you need one :/

• Advertisement

dentists' are always closed when you need one :/

oh tell me about it! If I don't see one tomorrow, it'll be Monday morning with no appointment and needing patience I won't have to wait for a slot in between appointments :(

If you have a car try the dentists in Milltown/

siblers wrote: »
    If you have a car try the dentists in Milltown/

Oh believe me I'll be ringing around in the morning to try get meself and appointment for anywhere after 3:30pm. You can't mess around with your teeth. Hopefully have some luck on my side tomorrow.

Thanks siblers,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Does anyone know when the red trail around Torc will be re-opened?
    I think it has been closed for nearly 2yrs for upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

okane1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the red trail around Torc will be re-opened?
    I think it has been closed for nearly 2yrs for upgrading.

Incidentally I walked it just today, and there were quite some people around on the trail. Although the fences are still up at both ends there are no major obstacles on the way.
    Just be careful, take yourself plenty of time (but beware of nightfall) and wear really good shoes. I wouldn't try to go down the steep part towards the Dinis Cottage carpark though,
    a start there and then the descent to Torc Fall is much safer.
    The guys working on the trail are doing really good work and that kind of work can't be easy either. The pictures are from today:

180475.jpg
    180476.jpg

• Advertisement

nice pics, I went up during the summer they are doing a lovely job on the path must be very hard work!! views are lovely too!

Why is petrol so much cheaper in Tralee than in Killarney? €1.48.9 is the cheapest i've seen it in Killarney, its €1.43.5 in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just heard the shocking news on Terrace Talk about the death of Killarney Celtic and former Killarney Athletic player Conor Spellman,saw him play a few times,great soccer player,condolences to his family,team mates and friends,RIP Conor

Thanks to Cllr Niall O Callaghan. He was just on RadioKerry talk-time there at 1:30 speaking about the boy-racers in and around the Killarney area and Thanks. You have almost as strong a view on them as I have :)

Hopefully something will eventually be done about them eh, hopefully.

diff her out lad.... apes!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Thanks to Cllr Niall O Callaghan. He was just on RadioKerry talk-time there at 1:30 speaking about the boy-racers in and around the Killarney area and Thanks. You have almost as strong a view on them as I have :)

Hopefully something will eventually be done about them eh, hopefully.

Botty talking sense?
    whats the world coming to....
    seriously though,fair play botty lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

hi lads and lassies!
    im moving down to killarney in january and just one or two questions for ye please!looking to rent a detached house(im a drummer) on the cork side(yes im a corkman) of killarney.is there any areas i should avoid and where would be the best area?any help welcome!
    and its a woman draggin me down there:D:p

dazzlermac wrote: »
    hi lads and lassies!
    im moving down to killarney in january and just one or two questions for ye please!looking to rent a detached house(im a drummer) on the cork side(yes im a corkman) of killarney.is there any areas i should avoid and where would be the best area?any help welcome!
    and its a woman draggin me down there:D:p

Well anywhere around ballyspillane anyway, woodlawn is probably the best place for u I'd say, you lookin to get a slace close to town or a bit out of town? Out of town ur talkin Minish direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Well anywhere around ballyspillane anyway, woodlawn is probably the best place for u I'd say, you lookin to get a slace close to town or a bit out of town? Out of town ur talkin Minish direction.

hopefully a place within a 10 euro cab ride into the town centre!if that makes any sense:D
    thanks for the reply;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Does the library have wi-fi? And what time does it open in the morning?

• Advertisement

I haven't gone in there in years tbh

but from this: Killarney Library
    Opening Hours Mon ,Wed , Fri , Sat 10:00a.m. - 5p.m.
    Tues , Thurs. 10:00a.m. - 8:00p.m.
    Address Rock Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry
    Librarian Mary Murray
    Tel: (064) 6632655 Fax: (064) 6632967

re:wi-fi, I found this saying "
    INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECTION
    Killarney Library has 8 Public Access Computers including:
    8 Internet P.C.'s - Adult Lending, 1 Online Public Access Catalogue - Adult Lending, 1 Public Access P.C. (with Word, Paint, CD’s available on it) in Juvenile Library."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

It doesn't have wi-fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Cheers that was a great help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

Cheers that was a great help :)
    it has free internet on there pcs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

is jadesbar closed also...

Just go to McDonalds!

is jadesbar closed also...

no jades isn't closed that sign is for the old i think it was nationwide? building out the front! he put up a pic on facebook giving out about the sign lol

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Killarney Library does have Wi-Fi. You've to ask at the front desk for a password, which gives you access for 1 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

shergar22 wrote: »
    Killarney Library does have Wi-Fi. You've to ask at the front desk for a password, which gives you access for 1 hour.

There is also an eircom connection within range. If you understand what I'm saying!

• Advertisement

Lia_lia wrote: »
    There is also an eircom connection within range. If you understand what I'm saying!

Ah welcome back to the Killarney forum. Thought we had lost you in cyber-space :D

Advertisement