Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Warper wrote: »
    Gonna book accomodation in Killarney as a Xmas present for my recently retired ol man. Lookin for advise on where to book. Have stayed in the Gleneagles before and didnt find it great tbh. Also stayed in a nice little hotel in town that i cant remember the name of.

Could someone recommend a decent hotel to stay for a few nights? He loves Kerry and trad music.

What about the Grand hotel in town or the Danny Mann? Both popular places and play trad music at nites

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Have you all seen the Christmas in Killarney website this year? www.christmasinkillarney.com , well worth a look at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Is it just me but is anyone else having problems with their internet lately..Keeps telling me DSL not connected....or something to that effect...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Depends on your provider, there's forums for each of the different providers on boards.

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Is it just me but is anyone else having problems with their internet lately..Keeps telling me DSL not connected....or something to that effect...

Apparently eircom were upgrading the broadband but there has been a problem with it in some places, mine included, should be back up soon though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

As for the INEC anyone else going to see Jimmy Carr this friday night?

Meeeeeee!!!!!

Provided my friend actually gets the tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Meeeeeee!!!!!

Provided my friend actually gets the tickets...
    I only got my tickets on sunday,i presumed they would have been sold out long ago but there was no problem......although they are for the upper balcony!
    cant wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Went with the Killarney Plaza for 3 midweek nights. Should have asked this before i booked it but is it a nice hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I only got my tickets on sunday,i presumed they would have been sold out long ago but there was no problem......although they are for the upper balcony!
    cant wait:D

Going along as well tonight ..hopefully will be a good show

Warper wrote: »
    Went with the Killarney Plaza for 3 midweek nights. Should have asked this before i booked it but is it a nice hotel?

Never actually stayed in the place but been in the bar there a gud few times and if the rest of the hotel is as nice as the bar then I reckon your in for a gud time!

• Advertisement

Robxxx7 wrote: »

Had tears running down my face and a pain in my ribs from laughing:D
    thought it was an excellent show,although maybe a bit long

Heard mixed reviews about the show last nite, met 2 of my mates out last nite said it was very gud but talkin to some1 today heard it wasn't that great at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Mr. Tezza wrote: »

Heard mixed reviews about the show last nite, met 2 of my mates out last nite said it was very gud but talkin to some1 today heard it wasn't that great at all...
    Thought it was excellent myself.. good value for money too He was on stage for about 2 1/2 hours .. and took time out to meet people afterwards .. look forward to seeing him come back

Thought it was hard going, had seen one of his older DVDs and didn't like it, but like him on telly so thought I'd chance it, but can't say I liked the show that much. But in fairness he gives value for money in terms of time on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Does he still just do a load of one liners or has he changed it up to include stories? Find him very funny on comedy panel shows but really dislike his style of stand up.

siblers wrote: »
    Does he still just do a load of one liners or has he changed it up to include stories? Find him very funny on comedy panel shows but really dislike his style of stand up.

He started off with a load of one liners,which were funny,but if you switched off for a second you'd miss the joke!
    He started doing accents which was the highlight for me,it was mostly stories after that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

any markets in killarney or kerry tomorrow, needing to go for a long spin, and somewhere to walk and browse

newman10 wrote: »
    Passed through Fossa last night a saw a house with Christmas lights on.

Nearly crashed into the new bollards in the middle of the road with shock
    CB19Kevo wrote: »
    They must have forgotten to turn them off last year as its WAY too early to have them on....

I saw them earlier myself :eek: They turn seem to them off late evening though.

Fair bit of work put in with them to put them up I'd say :)

Just wanna say well done to the killarney based Dr. Crokes GAA team on their win today, I'm a Legion man myself but well done to them...

whats the story with the christmas markets this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

Our 9 yr old black and tan alsatian/german shephard is missing since late Wednesday night from the Castleisland area. He answers to the name Bailey and is very friendly. If anyone has any information please let me know. I have attached a recent picture

Thanks

• Advertisement

Christmas markets this year seem to be in Quills car park, Santa grotto etc they seemed to be a lovely atmosphere there Sat..mind you alot of food stalls would love to see more crafts, but three more weekends left to shop...so time yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Does anybody know if the Smokehouse is still open? Their phone seems to be out of service. Maybe they are not open weekdays during the winter :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

Thinking of treating herself this year to save her from some cooking! Anyone know if there any places open for dinner/lunch on Christmas Day in Killarney?

Did you try The Malton or the Brehon....i am sure they would be open for the festive season..mind you Christmas dinner may be expensive....

Did you try The Malton or the Brehon....i am sure they would be open for the festive season..mind you Christmas dinner may be expensive....

I'd go with the Malton before the Brehon to be honest, had a bad experience eating there before to say that least, but as Halo Kitty said, you'll pay well no matter where you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Christmas markets this year seem to be in Quills car park, Santa grotto etc they seemed to be a lovely atmosphere there Sat..mind you alot of food stalls would love to see more crafts, but three more weekends left to shop...so time yet...
    is the christmas market on this coming saturday and the saturday after,
    also, where would one be able to purchase beeswax candles in killarney

Did you try the candle shop in Plunkett St, if you do not see anything at the markets.... or vis versa Markets here for next 3 weekends...

Well done to all involved :)

Killarney is named Ireland’s best Christmas town: linky

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

would love to be home for a session over xmas, and the cure by means of a mini box with curry from Den Joes, mmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Did you try The Malton

I'm sure it's residents only.

Kinda missing the snow this year, lads.

Advertisement