Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

So, happy new year Kilarney,
    Did anyone see the lightning this morning at 06.30. It was a short storm but my God the last flash and bang shook the house! Followed shortly by a severe hail shower.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

happy new year to all, hope the year ahead will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

great to have some life back again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

hey Molzer2, I didn't get to sleep until after 5am so by the time that kicked off I didn't hear a thing & I'm normally a light sleeper!

Great start to 2012 for me although I don't forsee 2011 being beaten for some time to come for me personally :)

Enjoy 2012 everyone! ;)

bring it on,
    was in killarney to do some of my christmas shopping, enjoyed my time there, you folks are lucky to have dealz in your town, got to md o sheas to buy gifts and out the cork side shopping centre, lots to see and do there,
    plenty coffee shops, i did find parking a bit of a pain, waiting for someone to pull out to get their position, but that is a small price to pay for a nice browse around and getting a few deals also.
    will be back to your dealz shop, and ye have a fine big store on the cork road, i think it used to be called 4homes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Happy New Year everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Another bad night's weather last night! Hope you all got through it alright.
    This is a link to a weather station located on the Town Hall if you're interested,;)

http://www.killarneytc.ie/weather/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

What is that Dealz store like anyway? does it seem to be popular or???

go in try it out, you will come out with items, and be back for more, i love the fact that i can get each item for 1.49 well known brands at that

goat2 wrote: »
    go in try it out, you will come out with items, and be back for more, i love the fact that i can get each item for 1.49 well known brands at that

I would if I lived in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Must take a look at this place if I'm in town tomorrow, where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Must take a look at this place if I'm in town tomorrow, where is it?

Where the old Penny's used to be. Just up from the 98.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Hey everyone, happy new year :)

Anyone been to the West Lake Palace Chinese restaurant? I've been there, but always with quite a large group, so we usually just pay 20 ish each. But I'm planning on going there Monday night with just my boyfriend, so I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect price wise?

I've heard it's not too expensive, but I just want to be sure, because I'm just a wee college student, so I'm on a bit of a budget :p

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭colincork

Going to Killarney tomorrow night I'm just wondering where is the best takeaway around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

colincork wrote: »
    Going to Killarney tomorrow night I'm just wondering where is the best takeaway around there?

Mikes takeaway or the pizzeria,both in plunkett st
    enjoy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭colincork

Mikes takeaway or the pizzeria,both in plunkett st
    enjoy:)

Either of them do a good donner kebab?

Either of them do a good donner kebab?

mikes do kebabs which arnt bad

Mike's Takeaway I wud say, based on experiences at 3-4am! Supermac's out at supervalu ain't bad either, or u cud go to Eddie rockets...

What about Den Joes? mini-box and curry mmmmmm....

What about Den Joes? mini-box and curry mmmmmm....

mini-box,curry AND stuffing...mmmmm

*wipes drool from chin and gets car keys:p

• Advertisement

* Wipes drool from chin and gets on a plane home...haha

* Wipes drool from chin and gets on a plane home...haha

you living in chicago,you are obviously familiar with the cheesecake factory
    now that is one drool inducing joint, i went to their orlando place and can honestly say it was the best eatery i've ever been to

I ate in the Chicago one 2 summers ago, it is always packed during the summer, ate in the San Fran one last summer... truly mouthwatering food at a reasonable price too! (like a lot of American eateries in fairness) must take herself out to dinner there some evening now :)
    What I like about here too is the popularity of slow cooked meat, pulled pork sandwiches are out of this world!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I rarely post in the Killarney-thread, but I just have to say that I love the National Park. After spending countless weekends there over the last couple of years I finally managed to spot my first eagle today. I never thought they were that huge and I was very lucky to see it flying fairly low over the treetops on Ross Island. You have a great place there!

187678.jpg187679.jpg

Quaderno wrote: »
    I rarely post in the Killarney-thread, but I just have to say that I love the National Park. After spending countless weekends there over the last couple of years I finally managed to spot my first eagle today. I never thought they were that huge and I was very lucky to see it flying fairly low over the treetops on Ross Island. You have a great place there!

187678.jpg187679.jpg

Absolutely remarkable Quaderno, thank you for these pictures :)

I know I take what we have in Killarney for granted at times with the National Park and Lakes.

With my new found hobby of 'resting' a lickle bit more, I should have no excuse not to explore what we have in this county in general over the coming weeks & months.

Killarney truly is lucky with the National Parkland :)

They are amazing to watch, one day i will never forget was a few weeks after they released 20 of them in 2010, 2 mates and I kayaked from the five mile bridge through the lakes and along the shore of lough lein by O'Sullivans Cascade, We seen at least 15 of them just fly out of the trees at random points.. unreal experience!

It's a pity they don't really stick around when they get older

My Dad's always goin walking on the hills and has a fair few snaps of the eagles, I'll try and get a few off him and post them up here

My Dad's always goin walking on the hills and has a fair few snaps of the eagles, I'll try and get a few off him and post them up here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Can anyone recommend a good pilates instructor in Killarney? Ideally small classes and don't really fancy the Physique Fitness Studio for some reason. Thanks

Advertisement