Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Can anyone recommend a good pilates instructor in Killarney? Ideally small classes and don't really fancy the Physique Fitness Studio for some reason. Thanks

Do they Do a class in sportys? also the towers do a lot of classes, worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Do they Do a class in sportys? also the towers do a lot of classes, worth checking out

I'm pretty sure we (Sportys) don't do pilates, I can ask dad tonight, or you can phone Phil inside there at 6632333 and she would be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

Hey guys does anyone know are tickets for his Sat 21st Gleneagle show all sold out? If they are do ye know anybody looking to get rid of two?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

you living in chicago,you are obviously familiar with the cheesecake factory
    now that is one drool inducing joint, i went to their orlando place and can honestly say it was the best eatery i've ever been to

I ate in the Chicago one 2 summers ago, it is always packed during the summer, ate in the San Fran one last summer... truly mouthwatering food at a reasonable price too! (like a lot of American eateries in fairness) not a fan of cheesecake though!!! must take herself out to dinner there some evening now..
    What I like about here too is the popularity of slow cooked meat, pulled pork sandwiches are out of this world!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

I ate in the Chicago one 2 summers ago, it is always packed during the summer, ate in the San Fran one last summer... truly mouthwatering food at a reasonable price too! (like a lot of American eateries in fairness) not a fan of cheesecake though!!! must take herself out to dinner there some evening now..
    What I like about here too is the popularity of slow cooked meat, pulled pork sandwiches are out of this world!

I think its been the only restaurant iv'e ever gone into that there wasn't one thing on the menu that i didn't like,
    your'e not a fan of cheesecake:eek: cheesecake is Gods greatest creation:p
    although all desserts in the states are unreal (portion size and taste)

• Advertisement

I think its been the only restaurant iv'e ever gone into that there wasn't one thing on the menu that i didn't like,
    your'e not a fan of cheesecake:eek: cheesecake is Gods greatest creation:p
    although all desserts in the states are unreal (portion size and taste)

Really? the menu is huge though!! Yeah not a fan of cake thats not to say I don't have a sweet tooth.. when I was young I always had to have a block of ice cream as my birthday cake!!

I don't get dessert very often for some reason, unless its a mcflurry or a sundae!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Ate in the cheesecake factory in Boston years back - unbelievable food in there :)

Orgasm inducing

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

Mr. Tezza wrote: »

Thanks for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

oeb wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we (Sportys) don't do pilates, I can ask dad tonight, or you can phone Phil inside there at 6632333 and she would be able to help you out.

Thanks, will check it out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Does anyone know when last the beat-on-the-street was on in Killarney? I vaguely remember it being on New Street around by the Danny Mann! but can't re-call the last year it was there though. Just curious.

Anyone? :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Does anyone know when last the beat-on-the-street was on in Killarney? I vaguely remember it being on New Street around by the Danny Mann! but can't re-call the last year it was there though. Just curious.

Never heard of it? What was it??

Wow,theres a blast from the past:D
    like yourself i vaguely remember it,i'm guessing it was around 1991

Your'e obviously a lot younger than me!
    it was basically just an outdoor disco,held on the street, i think they were run by 2fm and there would be a "beat on the street" on in a different town every couple of weeks. they were huge events back then

Oh, Now I feel old! :o
    Wow,theres a blast from the past:D
    like yourself i vaguely remember it,i'm guessing it was around 1991
    Your'e obviously a lot younger than me!
    it was basically just an outdoor disco,held on the street, i think they were run by 2fm and there would be a "beat on the street" on in a different town every couple of weeks. they were huge events back then

yeah that was it! The "2fm beat-on-the-street!" D-ream et al... Yeah it must've been around the 1991 mark alright.

Cheers :)

Oh that explains why I wouldn't remember it, I was barely one year old at the time!!!

Anyone come across these guys in Killarney? I used often see some of them in Failte/ scotts/ scruffys etc.. there are some great covers on their youtube channel...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Anyone come across these guys in Killarney? I used often see some of them in Failte/ scotts/ scruffys etc.. there are some great covers on their youtube channel...

I know they used to bill themselves as re-play, I'm not sure are they still playing under that name, but they are still playing. I went to school with most of them. Nice lads.

oeb wrote: »
    I know they used to bill themselves as re-play, I'm not sure are they still playing under that name, but they are still playing. I went to school with most of them. Nice lads.

I think they are going by "Reverse" now, normally play in Scott's. Great musicians in fairness!

Not biased even-though I went to school with some of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I think they are going by "Reverse" now, normally play in Scott's. Great musicians in fairness!

Not biased even-though I went to school with some of them :)

You can't see him in the videos because he is/was (not sure) their drummer, but he used to be my neighbour!

• Advertisement

Love listening to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

The new Fossa paths... whats the story with the bus stops in the middle of the road!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Hotel Manager job going in Killarney if anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be...

http://www.kerryjobs.ie/search/advanced/category/all/company/killarney+royal+hotel/

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Does anyone know of that Prime Healthcare Medical Centre on the roundabout at LIDLs is open on Saturdays? I'm really sick and I need to see a doctor :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

kaji wrote: »
    Does anyone know of that Prime Healthcare Medical Centre on the roundabout at LIDLs is open on Saturdays? I'm really sick and I need to see a doctor :(
    It's a bit late now but a number of the GP surgeries would operate a half-day on Saturdays. You can go to the out-of-hours SouthDoc service - http://www.southdoc.ie/locations.cfm?kerry=Killarney or get them to come to you if you are too sick to travel in.

Try mixors kebab i have never eaten better kebab before they have really fresh bread with fresh veg and very nice garlic mayo mamamia

Hi John Killarney,
    is your real name John Mixor by any chance;)
    3 posts and all advertising mixors?nice kebabs alright though:D
    keep up the good work in there john;);)

Mixors kebab and pizzas are very special in Killarney ,Ireland

The Mixors in Killarney, Canada is a lot cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Try mixors kebab i have never eaten better kebab before they have really fresh bread with fresh veg and very nice garlic mayo mamamia

Hi John Killarney,
    is your real name John Mixor by any chance;)
    3 posts and all advertising mixors?nice kebabs alright though:D
    keep up the good work in there john;);)

They're pizza is horrible though, crap base

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

Just going to post here to get some thoughts into the open rather than to be having them bouncing about my head.

Anyway was out last Friday night in Killarney. Initially visited Mustang Sallys up the stairs and decided almost immediately that this was not to be the place and we moved just a few doors away to The Grand Hotel.

Now just a few things, I wasn't quite in the best frame of mind on the night just after finishing off medication for an injury that I'm still nursing, tired from a long week of work at work and work doing jobs at home - generally kind of tired and not exactly as sharp as I would have wished to be. I'd say it was late enough when we were arriving there it was about 12 midnight or so.

Anyway a generally good night was had. I was dressed in a suit and this was stirring up conversation and time was moving quickly.

It's probably around 2:30am or so and the DJ's were finishing off the music in the disco at the rear and the bar at the front and I'm making a journey from the rear to the front when along my way my eyes catch sight of a face that imprints itself in my mind, still there today.

My mind however being rather slow does not take conscious recognition of this until a few minutes later and so I have to recirculate from the front bar back to my origin at the rear of the dance hall and begin to retrace my steps. But fortune is good to me and I meet a very good looking young lady, being the bearer of that face, and her friend who are adjacent to the narrow path way that is to the side of the stage at the rear of the front bar. We talk very briefly (or so I think looking back now that it was my mind that was doing the speaking rather than my mouth and in retrospect I must have been like a deaf mute for all of my reactions being rather basic). I rember two comments being passed, that I'll not repeat fully here, one being to do with DIY and the other with me being rather of a way that I liked things kept in order with a certain item being identified and being used as an example. I rember the wit, quickness and intelligence of this lady and very impressed I was but sadly lacking in action.

Anyhow during the last few days I've got this image of this lady stuck in my brain and regrets about my not being as sharp as I was during our meeting to at least have had engaged in conversation, asked her name and requested a phone number if she would have provided it.

Bit of a missed connection story I'm afraid, so let's not go all "after hours" on me here, but there's a lesson here which is to stay sharp and always be altert and to follow feelings when they happen rather than to be halted by an non-reactionary mind overtired from overtasking.

I must visit there again this Friday night and see if chance may pass good fortune to me again that I may be benefitted with another opportunity.

• Advertisement

Timmyboy wrote: »
    Just going to post here to get some thoughts into the open rather than to be having them bouncing about my head.

Anyway was out last Friday night in Killarney. Initially visited Mustang Sallys up the stairs and decided almost immediately that this was not to be the place and we moved just a few doors away to The Grand Hotel.

Now just a few things, I wasn't quite in the best frame of mind on the night just after finishing off medication for an injury that I'm still nursing, tired from a long week of work at work and work doing jobs at home - generally kind of tired and not exactly as sharp as I would have wished to be. I'd say it was late enough when we were arriving there it was about 12 midnight or so.

Anyway a generally good night was had. I was dressed in a suit and this was stirring up conversation and time was moving quickly.

It's probably around 2:30am or so and the DJ's were finishing off the music in the disco at the rear and the bar at the front and I'm making a journey from the rear to the front when along my way my eyes catch sight of a face that imprints itself in my mind, still there today.

My mind however being rather slow does not take conscious recognition of this until a few minutes later and so I have to recirculate from the front bar back to my origin at the rear of the dance hall and begin to retrace my steps. But fortune is good to me and I meet a very good looking young lady, being the bearer of that face, and her friend who are adjacent to the narrow path way that is to the side of the stage at the rear of the front bar. We talk very briefly (or so I think looking back now that it was my mind that was doing the speaking rather than my mouth and in retrospect I must have been like a deaf mute for all of my reactions being rather basic). I rember two comments being passed, that I'll not repeat fully here, one being to do with DIY and the other with me being rather of a way that I liked things kept in order with a certain item being identified and being used as an example. I rember the wit, quickness and intelligence of this lady and very impressed I was but sadly lacking in action.

Anyhow during the last few days I've got this image of this lady stuck in my brain and regrets about my not being as sharp as I was during our meeting to at least have had engaged in conversation, asked her name and requested a phone number if she would have provided it.

Bit of a missed connection story I'm afraid, so let's not go all "after hours" on me here, but there's a lesson here which is to stay sharp and always be altert and to follow feelings when they happen rather than to be halted by an non-reactionary mind overtired from overtasking.

I must visit there again this Friday night and see if chance may pass good fortune to me again that I may be benefitted with another opportunity.

Aww, what could have been:confused:

She may well be gone forever (she could have been down for the weekend!),

I'd say try going for a few fridays (what if she is off the drink for a month or something??!),

A lot of people tend to frequent the same places when they go in Killarney so hopefully you will come across her again!

Be gutting if she has a boyfriend:pac:

Advertisement