Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

what price is it to go to a doctor in killarney,

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

goat2 wrote: »

I heard on RTE radio during the week that Killarney had some of the cheapest GP rates in Ireland about €35 (or cheaper) I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

goat2 wrote: »

50eu is about standard i think,thats what im always charged anyway

50eu is about standard i think,thats what im always charged anyway
    where then is the clinic that charges the 35 euro rate, i had already heard that there was some new crowd opening that would be charging less than the 35 euro, i was wondering if that was just a rumour or is it fact

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Dr Michael o Doherty and Dr Michael Moloney have opened a practice in New Street ..Killarney Medical Centre...Just reading the Killarney advertiser and a feature about the Dr's saying that they had no interest in entering a price war.A basic consultation was offered at the practice at €40 , with a fee of €25 for secondary school students...
    I have to congratulate these Dr's for understanding to the difficulties and struggles that people are dealing with today.
    I now wonder will other Dr's follow this example...

• Advertisement

i have a child who has a long term illness and has to see a doctor for bloods once a week, and is on medication full time, because of my childs illness i have to keep the vhi at a lower grade, so if i can make a saving somewhere i would be glad to do so, even though i live 30 miles from killarney. dont have the money i had in the past, so i hope someone on here can tell me whether it is true that there is a new clinic with an affordable tiraffe.

sorry halo kitty,
    o had written the above and just posted it when i read yours,

i am delighted with this news,
    also i have mentioned this to my child who had asked me to find out about it, and they said that if what i had heard were true, they would be winging their way to them,
    thanks once again

i was hoping that it would be lower than forty,

Just looked up the phone number of this medical centre...064 6620628 open Monday to fri 8am to 6pm and 9am to 1 pm on Saturdays...

those times are brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Just heard that Prime Medical were placed in Administration.:eek:

Wonder what it means for the Doctors and Staff and will the end back in their original Practices and a lot must be riding on An Bord Pleanala

Check out the current weather in Killarney here: http://www.killarneytc.ie/weather/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

newman10 wrote: »

Wonder what it means for the Doctors and Staff and will the end back in their original Practices and a lot must be riding on An Bord Pleanala

Ugh that's a shame its so handy. Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

newman10 wrote: »

Where did you hear this??

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

jtown wrote: »
    Where did you hear this??

it was on Radio Kerry news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/healthcare-centre-unaffected-by-examinership-183730.html
    Doctors at the Killarney Primary Care Centre yesterday said normal business has not been affected by a High Court decision to appoint an examiner to the Prime Healthcare Group that had been involved in setting up the centre.
    "The High Court decision won’t have any effect on GP services. It is business as usual," said Dr Gary Stack, one of the practicing doctors at the centre.

Almost 60 people are employed at the one-stop medical centre, which cost €25 million and which houses five GP practices and a pharmacy.

An estimated 25,000 patients annually use the centre, located in the Reeks Gateway development close to the Tralee Road roundabout.

Prime Healthcare Group last week petitioned the High Court for the appointment of an interim examiner for three of its companies at the end of January.

Neil Hughes of Hughes Blake Chartered accountants was appointed examiner over Prime Healthcare Ltd, PH Prime Property Ltd, PH Pharmacy Ltd.

The examinership process will last for 100 days during which it is hoped that an arrangement can be reached between the companies and creditors with a view to Prime Healthcare continuing in operation.

Dr Stack, meanwhile, said a central issue in relation to the Killarney centre was that a large amount of medical space remained unused due to a planning objection.

"We’re very disappointed that we have not yet been able to provide additional services, including radiology and physiotherapy, because of delays due to planning," he said.

An appeal has been submitted to An Bord Pleanala by some Killarney town-based pharmacists opposing the use of two blocks for a medical centre and the subdivision of a ground floor unit to accommodate a pharmacy, café and medical centre.

The centre has been the subject of what GPs have described as serial objections on planning matters since it was first mooted seven years ago.

A decision on the latest objection is due to be made by An Bord Pleanala on March 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Anyone on here work in EMC in Ovens?

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Used to.

Used to.

Do you kno anybody that still does? Starting on shift there next week and lookin to car pool up there if I can...

it is a pity that it did not expand, a coffee shop would be a great asset to people waiting to see their doctors, also, does south doc have anything to do with the medical practice,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

There is a little coffee shop with tables and chairs downstairs.

Do you kno anybody that still does? Starting on shift there next week and lookin to car pool up there if I can...
    Sorry, no. Our department was pretty self contained.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiissTL

Hello,

Anybody know of any environmental issues in Killarney or the surrounding areas at the minute?

Need to do an assignment on one (if any).

Any help, greatly appreciated!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

MiissTL wrote: »
    Hello,

Anybody know of any environmental issues in Killarney or the surrounding areas at the minute?

Need to do an assignment on one (if any).

Any help, greatly appreciated!

:D

Im not sure if it is still a problem but there was previously a problem with excess algae on the lakes

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiissTL

dmeehan wrote: »
    Im not sure if it is still a problem but there was previously a problem with excess algae on the lakes

Thank you!

I wonder does anybody know where you can get information about the evnironment or who is in charge of it around Killarney.

These may seem like stupid questions but I genuinely have no idea!

:confused:

Thank you!

I wonder does anybody know where you can get information about the evnironment or who is in charge of it around Killarney.

Go down to Ross Castle maybe? They should be able to point you in the right direction, regarding the lakes anywway I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Thank you!

Just before Muckross house, there is an old building on the left.. I'd say give a call in there, there are offices in there

The dog**** on the paths, cycle lanes and green areas is causing a lot of concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

It was a stunning afternoon down the Demesne today. Hopefully it won't be long more before Dennach Lodge re-opens :)

• Advertisement

The Lodge usually open's for the Easter weekend...April to end of Oct usually . and have to agree can not wait to enjoy a nice coffee outside and relax in beautiful surroundings...

Advertisement