Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

The Lodge usually open's for the Easter weekend...April to end of Oct usually . and have to agree can not wait to enjoy a nice coffee outside and relax in beautiful surroundings...

It was a stunning afternoon down the Demesne today. Hopefully it won't be long more before Dennach Lodge re-opens
    24-02-2012 21:01

Hi All

Hopefully Kerry Down Syndrome will be in a position to reopen Deenach at Easter. We are currently in contact with the OPW regarding a new lease and hopefully we will have a positive decision within the next 10 days.

Thanks for all your kind wishes

regards

Newman

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    The Lodge usually open's for the Easter weekend...April to end of Oct usually . and have to agree can not wait to enjoy a nice coffee outside and relax in beautiful surroundings...
    newman10 wrote: »

It was a stunning afternoon down the Demesne today. Hopefully it won't be long more before Dennach Lodge re-opens
    24-02-2012 21:01

Hi All

Hopefully Kerry Down Syndrome will be in a position to reopen Deenach at Easter. We are currently in contact with the OPW regarding a new lease and hopefully we will have a positive decision within the next 10 days.

Thanks for all your kind wishes

regards

Newman

Hopefully it will be good news regarding a new lease.

*fingers crossed here for you all. It would be well deserved and a Great boost for Kerry Down Syndrome

Keep us posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Is there anywhere in Killarney where I could get a piece of plyboard about 1metre x 2metres? It doesn't even have to be plyboard, just anything that will be able to stand up by itself without crumpling. Even that plastic stuff they use for election posters. It's urgent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

md o sheas or leanes

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

Hi is there any costume shop in killarney? I am looking for costumes and face paints for paddys day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

there is a party shop up the lane next to the dunloe pub in plunket street

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

loueuro2 wrote: »
    there is a party shop up the lane next to the dunloe pub in plunket street

Just be careful which "party" shop you go into down that lane;)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Also upstairs in heatons..they do some Party outfits also...

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

some great stuff in a time to party. thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Heading to Killarney this evening with the gf until tomorrow evening. Anything of note I should be aware of in terms of events etc?? Any details on the parade?? Any info greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

anyone know time of the parade in killarney, kerrys eye says 12, but killarney.ie says 2. anyone confirm please thanks :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

mossie110 wrote: »
    anyone know time of the parade in killarney, kerrys eye says 12, but killarney.ie says 2. anyone confirm please thanks :confused:

Killarney parade usually starts @ 2pm .

I am wondering if anyone here knows of anyone that can fit a cowl to a chimney... can not find anyone in local papers...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    I am wondering if anyone here knows of anyone that can fit a cowl to a chimney... can not find anyone in local papers...

Any chimney sweeper should do it?

I seen a new restaurant page on facebook , 'The Porterhouse'

''Killarneys newest Resturant serving amazing food everything from loaded potato skins, chicken wings, deep fried brie, steaks,traditional fish and chips and many many more mouthwatering dishes......Have we wet your taste buds We hope so.....look forward to serving you at The Porterhouse Killarney.''

Doesn't say where it is, it looks like Murphy's?? sounds like it has a tasty menu

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

''Killarneys newest Resturant serving amazing food everything from loaded potato skins, chicken wings, deep fried brie, steaks,traditional fish and chips and many many more mouthwatering dishes......Have we wet your taste buds We hope so.....look forward to serving you at The Porterhouse Killarney.''

Doesn't say where it is, it looks like Murphy's?? sounds like it has a tasty menu

Its next door to the tatler,
    pat sheehan owns it,nice place alright
    they seem to be doing well so far,always a crowd in there

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Thought it was a pub under another name. Issues over planning permission to sell alcohol.

Did someone not post on this thread that it was meant to be a Tapas Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

newman10 wrote: »
    Thought it was a pub under another name. Issues over planning permission to sell alcohol.

Did someone not post on this thread that it was meant to be a Tapas Bar
    Fairly certain the rule there is that drink can only be sold with food in there, however make of that what you will going be the crowds that have been in there most weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Is there a bakery in Killarney that does birthday cakes and things like that?

Sceal eile in high street...i think their bakery is in Newcastle west...Also the Continental Cafe down the lane way from the Dunloe Pub in Plunkett street,..Both places i would recommend. if you call in to them and ask about choices and design's and prices....
    Enjoy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Is there a bakery in Killarney that does birthday cakes and things like that?

The chocolate cake they do in Jam (Up the laneway at the market cross) is yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lobby

Hello Fellow Boarders... Had the pleasure of spending a few days in Killarney this week.

Just wondering has anyone tried the new Tapas Bar (Cant think of the name at the moment) next to Jam? It's where the Vanilla Pod used to be??

Went there for a meal this week, its 2nd week in businees and have such mixed views about it..

Firstly the food was FANTASTIC! so much choice and beautiful tapas dishes. We got 6 different dishes and it was great value! €5 per dish and we shared 6 between 3 of use... hence €10 each for great food. Great value!

My only fault is that the staff that served us were so abrupt and to be honest downright rude at times. Anyone had any experiences there??

Such a pity because the decor and food are top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Lobby wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone tried the new Tapas Bar (Cant think of the name at the moment) next to Jam? It's where the Vanilla Pod used to be?
    La Ramblas.

Yes it is called the Ramblas, and i just viewed it on Facebook and looked at people's reviews... all look positive, but it might be helpful if you sent them a message regarding customer service that you might have received,...Most business enjoy feedback both positive and not so positive, see it as a learning curve....
    I hope to pop in there myself in a few weeks when things are more calm after opening...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Had a peek in there the last day the decor is AMAZING! Must go in for food sometime.

Shame about The Vanilla Pod gone though. I really liked the food in there, scandal or no scandal!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Had a peek in there the last day the decor is AMAZING! Must go in for food sometime.

Shame about The Vanilla Pod gone though. I really liked the food in there, scandal or no scandal!

What scandal??!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Ah can't be talking about that here!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    ^ Ah can't be talking about that here!

Ah we're all friends here:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Me and a few lads are heading to Killarney for the weekend, what age is it for the pubs and clubs as I'm only 20. Wouldn't want to go down and get refused everywhere.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Lobby

its over 18's everywhere:)
    Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Me and a few lads are heading to Killarney for the weekend, what age is it for the pubs and clubs as I'm only 20. Wouldn't want to go down and get refused everywhere.

Thanks.

Advertisement