Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lobby

its over 18's everywhere:)
    Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Me and a few lads are heading to Killarney for the weekend, what age is it for the pubs and clubs as I'm only 20. Wouldn't want to go down and get refused everywhere.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lobby

Everywhere is over 18's, clubs ask for ID so make sure ye bring them with u:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Lobby wrote: »
    Everywhere is over 18's, clubs ask for ID so make sure ye bring them with u:)
    They rarely do unless you look particularly young - fairly certain I've been ID'd less than 5 times in Killarney since I turned 18 and I'm nearly 24 at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Drove to ladies view last week.. Anybody notice that its not broken white lines all the way up?? Why is this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Thanks for the replies lads.

That wasn't really my question, was wondering are they over 21's or 23's.

I presume by the replies there just over 18?

• Advertisement

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies lads.

That wasn't really my question, was wondering are they over 21's or 23's.

I presume by the replies there just over 18?
    There's no 21's or 23's - it's all black and white in Killarney - either you're old enough or you're not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Thanks a lot Paulie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

finish work in evening & down the Demesne after, first time in a few weeks & just stunning! Truly is second to none. A nice clear head now for a nights' research ahead of me :)

Tell me anyone, this evening their were a few characters down there that stood out to me: for their clothing. I was wearing a sleeveless vest-top and a wind-breaker for my jogging & that was just perfect with the evening that we have today.

However, their were a few down there wearing a shirt & sweater & blazer and had backpacks, elderly gentlemen now. I found it odd with the weather and as I said, they just stood out from everyone else around as no-one else was that heavily dressed.
    Would anyone know any good reasoning behind this :confused: My mind never rests & I'm just curious.

I saw a few elderly locals with their customary non-lightweight jackets but they weren't as heavily dressed as the above! I just found it odd considering the clear blue sky and light wind that was blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Elderly people don't feel the heat as much, and maybe be more open to colds and flu's...so common sense for them to protect them selves with a bit of layering. and enjoying a stroll...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

During the height of the heat I was still wearing a hoodie zipped up (just because im so used to wearing it) and never even really considered taking it off, it was the same with plenty of other young folk around I.T Tralee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

heading to Killarney next week for a few days....i am looking forward to it as it will be my first proper time to sight see.....last time i was in Kerry i was 14 and was just for a weekend playing football.

Bring good walking shoes and camera...above all enjoy

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Bring good walking shoes and camera...above all enjoy

thats what i plan on doing....i love taking photos and enjoying long walks i just hope the weather stays in my favour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Hi all

The Kerry Branch of Down Syndrome Ireland will reopen Deenach Lodge this Easter weekend.

We will have our regular staff as well as 45 Adults with Down Syndrome.

Again i would like to thank everyone who calls in, your support is greatly appreciated by the families and members in helping us create a workplace that shows that Adults with Down Syndrome also have a real and lasting place in Kerry life

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

newman10 wrote: »
    The Kerry Branch of Down Syndrome Ireland will reopen Deenach Lodge this Easter weekend.
    For the non-locals where exactly is Deenach Lodge?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

DeepBlue wrote: »
    For the non-locals where exactly is Deenach Lodge?

Deenach Lodge is the Coffee Shop at the entrance to the Demense (National Park) opposite the Cathedral

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Here it is on google maps/ street view. http://g.co/maps/xh4dx

The Deenagh is the river which runs along side the Port Road and over which you cross at Kings Bridge to get in to the National Park to get to the Lodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Do you guys think it's too late to apply to places in town for summer jobs now? I have experience in hotels..

Not at all. get a copy of the killarney advertiser. and ear to the ground... The season will only begin from next week onwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Try the brehon, call in and ask to see a manager they usually take on a few for the summer

• Advertisement

newman10 wrote: »
    Deenach Lodge is the Coffee Shop at the entrance to the Demense (National Park) opposite the Cathedral
    Getting massive deja vú here - has it been a year already??

That's depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiissTL

Anybody know of any social groups in Killarney?

Maybe that meet up and go for walks or nights out and things?

I find there is virtually nothing to do. My friends and I are 21 and find it hard to meet new people if you don't want to go drinking.

Hi guys....just wanna ask which tour i should go on for one day while i am in killarney....the ring of kerry or dingle/slea head.....i will be using a tour company to do the tour.

Both very good tours, but before you book anything check out weather forecast because if it is over cast or cloudy your sight seeing is very limited....Have done the Ring of Kerry on a very cloudy day and can say i didn't see much from Waterville until we came to Ladies View....

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Both very good tours, but before you book anything check out weather forecast because if it is over cast or cloudy your sight seeing is very limited....Have done the Ring of Kerry on a very cloudy day and can say i didn't see much from Waterville until we came to Ladies View....

thanks for that i will wait until the day we plan on going on the tour to decide which one if any we go on....im looking forward to tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

MiissTL wrote: »

I find there is virtually nothing to do. My friends and I are 21 and find it hard to meet new people if you don't want to go drinking.

You could join the Killarney cycling club. They do evening leisure spins that cater for all abilities www.killarneycyclingclub.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bananaspuds

Does anybody know where I could find history on Deenagh Lodge? Couldn't find much on the internet only the year it was built and that it was a gate house. For a project so need detail of its construction and details of conservation, restoration etc. anything would be a help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

hello i am going to killarney this weekend for a wedding. there is 2 of us going and its on in muckross park hotel. we left it too late and they are all booked out plus they are mighty expensive. any cheap b and bs or hotels ye would recommend. i have never stayed in a b and b before so i am just wondering are they strict on time you return as it would more than likely be late. thanks

MiissTL wrote: »

There is a new thing called the manshed?? if your male only!

Try joining a leisure club or something to pass away a few hours in the evening

• Advertisement

hello i am going to killarney this weekend for a wedding. there is 2 of us going and its on in muckross park hotel. we left it too late and they are all booked out plus they are mighty expensive. any cheap b and bs or hotels ye would recommend. i have never stayed in a b and b before so i am just wondering are they strict on time you return as it would more than likely be late. thanks

You can return any time you want to most b and b's they often give u a key for the front door and others have night porters, try somehwere like lake lodge on muckross road, its between muckross park and the town

Advertisement